2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Baseball doesn't have an SMS. Throwing the doors open before all teams have their final SMS numbers in and the ability to use up left over cap space wouldn't be great. However, they certainly could move it up to January 1, I would think.

I wonder if the current date is partially to allow teams to get their coaching/GM situations straight. 

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

I wonder if the current date is partially to allow teams to get their coaching/GM situations straight. 

Also conveniently holds a player to the CFL so that they can't run to an NFL team. Most CFL release players but holding onto their rights puts this in the team's hands. 

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

If Collaros doesn't pause for serious reconsideration before signing an Argo contract his brain is perhaps damaged well beyond repair, nothing good can come of it.  The Argos had to be near the bottom of the barrel in number of sacks given up last season, the only logical reason MBT survived the abuse is because he is actually an automaton named after his 3 constructors, McLeod , Bethel and Thompson.   Sadly Zach probably won't last long.

Hey, I'm not going to argue against that. Not saying that going to the Argos would be a smart move. Just trying to say that his decision might be more motivated by personal reasons than anything else. And it'd tough to live up to the legacy he already created here. But since I don't know him, I obviously don't know what his motivations would be.

1 minute ago, The Ginge said:

Hey, I'm not going to argue against that. Not saying that going to the Argos would be a smart move. Just trying to say that his decision might be more motivated by personal reasons than anything else. And it'd tough to live up to the legacy he already created here. But since I don't know him, I obviously don't know what his motivations would be.

Like being close to his newborn child and actually seeing the early in it's life. 

On 2019-12-03 at 11:04 AM, Booch said:

YEAH...gotta agree there....nobody in the media and as a fan even knows what it was...and could have been something relatively minor...but season ending none the less with prognosis for full recovery..the fact over the last 3-4 weeks of the year he showed no signs of discomfort as well as it not pinned down or in some kind of immobilization device would lead one to believe it wasn't extensive surgery

And as you know, when you go in with a scope to take a look at these things you sometimes find pre-existing issues, bone chips, small tears and scar tissue, calcium deposits, cysts, etc. They can fix the injury, clean up the joint, and once healed, rehabbed, and fully recovered, he may be better than ever.

On 2019-12-04 at 12:37 PM, M.Silverback said:

You're right that teams will try to replicate what the Ravens have done. But, Lamar Jackson is really, really good, and always was. It was ridiculous and insulting that some NFL teams wanted him to change positions out Louisville. Lots of other reasons for that. But, smart football people knew he was a true talent. 

If Streveler could become a CFL version of Jackson-lite we'd all be thrilled. 

In the Grey Cup game Streveler threw with pinpoint accuracy and had great zip on the ball, with a bum leg. Two good legs and he most certainly can throw a very nice ball indeed.

2 hours ago, J5V said:

In the Grey Cup game Streveler threw with pinpoint accuracy and had great zip on the ball, with a bum leg. Two good legs and he most certainly can throw a very nice ball indeed.

He needs an OC who is willing to adapt to Streveler's strength instead of shoe horning him into being a pocket passer.

LaPo has never really shown willingness to do that.

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

He needs an OC who is willing to adapt to Streveler's strength instead of shoe horning him into being a pocket passer.

LaPo has never really shown willingness to do that.

The only coach Streveler needs is a running back coach.  I'm sorry but some of you guys are overlooking his limitations.  He is what he is and I don't believe that any amount of coaching is going to change that.  With only two QB's on the roster next year I'm not sure he's the best choice for the #2.

You guys have fallen in love with the cigar smoking, beer drinking, fur coat wearing and shirtless Chris Streveler.  He's become a fan favourite due to his persona not his abilities as a QB.  It reminds me somewhat to Mike Commadore who was with the flames during the 2004 Stanley Cup run. His big red hair sticking out from his helmet, wearing his robe in public and drinking beer in public with the fans.  All Flames fans wanted him back because they fell in love with the guy and completely ignoring the fact he was just a mediocre defenceman who would be the #7 or #8 on most teams roster.  The only reason he was playing is because of the number of injuries to the starters.  Commodore signed a big contract but never lived up to the hype.

Just now, B-F-F-C said:

You guys have fallen in love with the cigar smoking, beer drinking, fur coat wearing and shirtless Chris Streveler.  He's become a fan favourite due to his persona not his abilities as a QB.  It reminds me somewhat to Mike Commadore who was with the flames during the 2004 Stanley Cup run. His big red hair sticking out from his helmet, wearing his robe in public and drinking beer in public with the fans.  All Flames fans wanted him back because they fell in love with the guy and completely ignoring the fact he was just a mediocre defenceman who would be the #7 or #8 on most teams roster.  The only reason he was playing is because of the number of injuries to the starters.  Commodore signed a big contract but never lived up to the hype.

Debbie_Downer_social_media_courtesy_YouT

23 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

And there's the problem right there. 

Most QBs don’t set the league on fire their first or second seasons. Streveler has looked far better than Fajardo did in his first two seasons. When you have a guy with immense raw talent, you cultivate it. Streveler’s issues as a passer are largely teachable things like not forcing throws. The arm talent is there. 

30 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

And there's the problem right there. 

he's still, what, 24 years old!?  guy has time to work on his game and develop further!  are you forgetting that most QB's in this league toil on the PR or in a 3rd string roll for several years before even getting an opportunity?  Just to say that he's never going to have the ability to be a starting QB is pretty closed minded.  I bet he's going to work his butt off this offseason at becoming more of a complete QB and not just a run option guy!

Edited by trueBlue83