2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

7 minutes ago, Dr Zaius said:

I never thought Mcadoo was that bad. He got a MOP (lame nomination, obviously) season out of Cody freaking Fajardo.

The worst thing he did was trying to make Bryan Bennett into Streveler the week of the West Final, but I'm sure that Dickenson was in on that too.  Tried to swing with the big boys and learned the hard way Streveler has the biggest wrench.

15 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The worst thing he did was trying to make Bryan Bennett into Streveler the week of the West Final, but I'm sure that Dickenson was in on that too.  Tried to swing with the big boys and learned the hard way Streveler has the biggest wrench.

That experiment had to come from Dickenson, and seeing/asking if they could mimic that...If it didn't and Macadoo did it on his own and Dickenson just let it happen..then he should be canned for that too..Can't have inmates running the asylum..and at times he seemed to not have a very good grasp in control on his sidelines and a lot of the pre/post game BS his players tried to instigate...not a good leader or sign of one if you ask me...I can see him getting the pins put to him next season if things don't go well there..and loses control of things...not to mention Psycho Nut Dumbo losing his **** on the sidelines which I am sure will happen...

23 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Who's do you think is bigger, Chris Streveler or Blake Wheeler? 

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Ahem....

The 2020 CFL free agency period officially opens at 12:00pm ET on Tuesday, February 11, 2020. 

Collaros is under contract with the Bombers until the above date, any discussions with other CFL football clubs without permission before that time can be considered tampering. 

13 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Ahem....

The 2020 CFL free agency period officially opens at 12:00pm ET on Tuesday, February 11, 2020. 

Collaros is under contract with the Bombers until the above date, any discussions with other CFL football clubs without permission before that time can be considered tampering. 

Could be part of the overall deal...a kind of Zach and forth package.

17 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Ahem....

Could have been arranged prior to the trade. Pinball admitted as such when he was tapping up Collaros during the post-trade news conference. I'm sure Walters doesn't care, he's probably not interested in re-signing Collaros. 

Hope that Collaros gets a nice pregame Grey Cup ring presentation ceremony or something the first time he comes back to Winnipeg.  From broken-down castaway QB to out-of-nowhere Grey Cup hero, that's a great story to add to Winnipeg's football lore; give the fans another chance to applaud him.

54 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Ahem....

Yeah, you're also supposed to pay for what you take from the Liquor Mart but look at how that's going. Tampering is never going to stop and complaining about it is so blah, since every team (including us) does it.

I mean really, you don't think we tampered with Harris or Demski? We 110% did.

14 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yeah, you're also supposed to pay for what you take from the Liquor Mart but look at how that's going. Tampering is never going to stop and complaining about it is so blah, since every team (including us) does it.

I mean really, you don't think we tampered with Harris or Demski? We 110% did.

Why have free agency in that event....Just throw the doors open and go at it...Sounds rather farcical to me...If no one is abiding by the rules and regulations in this league, maybe we should reneg. on the Collaros deal  ...keep his contract and to hell with giving them the first rounder

Of course I'm being facetious ...and we would look like a pariah in the league...but really...why make rules if nobody wants to abide by them

Edited by Stickem

8 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Why have free agency in that event....Just throw the doors open and go at it...Sounds rather farcical to me...If no one is abiding by the rules and regulations in this league, maybe we should reneg. on the Collaros deal  ...keep his contract and to hell with giving them the first rounder

Of course I'm being facetious ...and we would look like a pariah in the league...but really...why make rules if nobody wants to abide by them

They could easily fix it if they wanted to and they're choosing not to. Give teams a window to negotiate with free agents prior to the opening of free agency. Lets players determine their worth, lets teams structure their budget and roster. Easiest solution but in all honesty, who cares. Just open free agency the Monday after the season ends, what difference does it really make. Baseball does it.

27 minutes ago, Mike said:

They could easily fix it if they wanted to and they're choosing not to. Give teams a window to negotiate with free agents prior to the opening of free agency. Lets players determine their worth, lets teams structure their budget and roster. Easiest solution but in all honesty, who cares. Just open free agency the Monday after the season ends, what difference does it really make. Baseball does it.

The only difference is that having free agency in February keeps people and media talking about the league in February. But, I agree that they could easily fix the tampering if they wanted to, but they are not serious enough about wanting to. After Toronto traded ZC to Winnipeg, Pinball openly said that they expect to sign Collaros. If that's not tampering, I don't know what is.

As for Collaros himself, I'm not sure he would want to come back to Winnipeg anyway. If you look at it from his perspective, he came here, he won 4 out of 4 games and helped end a 29 year Grey Cup drought. You cannot have a more perfect stint with a team than that. It can only go down from there. I don't think it would be anything personal against the Bombers or their fans. And I would never hold that against him. He will always be a legend for what he did! Add in the fact that his wife is from Southern Ontario, and I just don't see him coming back next year. Of course, I'm no expert, so I could also be very wrong about it. 

39 minutes ago, Mike said:

Baseball doesn't have an SMS. Throwing the doors open before all teams have their final SMS numbers in and the ability to use up left over cap space wouldn't be great. However, they certainly could move it up to January 1, I would think.

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

Is it not possible Pinball just formally asked Walters for permission to speak with Collaros and he granted it? Walters knows the situation.

More "good guy" moves in the eyes of his fellow GM's and players for the sake of not burning bridges

Very possible that they did and we are doing TO a solid by not releasing him until they have a contract worked out.

35 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Baseball doesn't have an SMS. Throwing the doors open before all teams have their final SMS numbers in and the ability to use up left over cap space wouldn't be great. However, they certainly could move it up to January 1, I would think.

Yeah you’re right, January makes more sense

28 minutes ago, The Ginge said:

The only difference is that having free agency in February keeps people and media talking about the league in February. But, I agree that they could easily fix the tampering if they wanted to, but they are not serious enough about wanting to. After Toronto traded ZC to Winnipeg, Pinball openly said that they expect to sign Collaros. If that's not tampering, I don't know what is.

As for Collaros himself, I'm not sure he would want to come back to Winnipeg anyway. If you look at it from his perspective, he came here, he won 4 out of 4 games and helped end a 29 year Grey Cup drought. You cannot have a more perfect stint with a team than that. It can only go down from there. I don't think it would be anything personal against the Bombers or their fans. And I would never hold that against him. He will always be a legend for what he did! Add in the fact that his wife is from Southern Ontario, and I just don't see him coming back next year. Of course, I'm no expert, so I could also be very wrong about it. 

If Collaros doesn't pause for serious reconsideration before signing an Argo contract his brain is perhaps damaged well beyond repair, nothing good can come of it.  The Argos had to be near the bottom of the barrel in number of sacks given up last season, the only logical reason MBT survived the abuse is because he is actually an automaton named after his 3 constructors, McLeod , Bethel and Thompson.   Sadly Zach probably won't last long.