2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

5 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Take this for what it's worth. While at the Bomber Store today, I noticed #17 - Streveler jerseys on prominent display.

I asked the checkout girl if these were new because they aren't featured online. She said 17s are in "heavy printing". (Her words).

that's 100% because of the attention he got during the parade and other "celebrating"......huge demand for Strev merch because of that...not necessarily because of some re-up contract.

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

that's 100% because of the attention he got during the parade and other "celebrating"......huge demand for Strev merch because of that...not necessarily because of some re-up contract.

I'd say that there may be other reasons for why #17 is in high demand...like his on-field play...but...ahem...sure

Image result for Chris streveler gifs

Edited by kelownabomberfan

On 2019-12-03 at 10:30 AM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That's not a fair comparison though... they have completely differing styles... Buck would just run and not hook slide.. took hits head on (sometimes literally)... watch Zach- he's elusive and dodges on comers as well as slips past them... It's pretty sweet to watch. 

We're talking about the same Zach Collaros that suffered his most recent concussion whilst hook sliding, right?

24 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

We're talking about the same Zach Collaros that suffered his most recent concussion whilst hook sliding, right?

Yes, but that is not the norm- things happen in the course of a game that are out of ones hands. You try to mitigate and lessen the chances of that happening. You are going to lessen the chances by Hook sliding rather than bulldozing head first, agreed?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ya hear he might be going to the NFL?

I read where sports writers are writing things about comparing him to NFL QB's who are all ready in the NFL...... and then lots of interweb people discussing if he would get a shot in the NFL.... all I could think while reading it all was..... but isn't Nichols the better QB,  why isn't he getting the attention like that ?

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I read where sports writers are writing things about comparing him to NFL QB's who are all ready in the NFL...... and then lots of interweb people discussing if he would get a shot in the NFL.... all I could think while reading it all was..... but isn't Nichols the better QB,  why isn't he getting the attention like that ?

Not as a qb but an overall athlete. Being compared to Saints Taysom Hill. 

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Yes, but that is not the norm- things happen in the course of a game that are out of ones hands. You try to mitigate and lessen the chances of that happening. You are going to lessen the chances by Hook sliding rather than bulldozing head first, agreed?

Absolutely, I agree the team should mitigate risks. The problem is Collaros has suffered 3 concussions (Week 2 2018 season, Week 20 2018 season, Week 1 2019 season) in a 2-year span. He played great for us as a rental when we needed a quick fix, but I just don't think he's a long-term solution at QB.

I'd argue re-signing Collaros is increasing our risk, more injury-prone, smaller sample size working within our O, ZC also likely fetches a higher $ than Nichols (due to his Zach's playoff run this year), so the extra $$$ spent re-signing him means less to go around to the rest of the team, we also forfeit a draft pick.

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Does the fact it was a dirty hit mean anything ?

If anything, this increases ZC risk of injury. Idiots like Lawrence look at that injury and realize they can impact the opposing teams' offensive game plan by taking a guy out, all for the bargain price of a 15 yard penalty (and a suspension). Pity it boils down to that.

24 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Absolutely, I agree the team should mitigate risks. The problem is Collaros has suffered 3 concussions (Week 2 2018 season, Week 20 2018 season, Week 1 2019 season) in a 2-year span. He played great for us as a rental when we needed a quick fix, but I just don't think he's a long-term solution at QB.

I'd argue re-signing Collaros is increasing our risk, more injury-prone, smaller sample size working within our O, ZC also likely fetches a higher $ than Nichols (due to his Zach's playoff run this year), so the extra $$$ spent re-signing him means less to go around to the rest of the team, we also forfeit a draft pick.

If anything, this increases ZC risk of injury. Idiots like Lawrence look at that injury and realize they can impact the opposing teams' offensive game plan by taking a guy out, all for the bargain price of a 15 yard penalty (and a suspension). Pity it boils down to that.

Big difference is Collaros showed that he can play when he mattered and against the best teams.... Nichols track record has been super iffy.     The risk with Nichols is that we don't know how further deteriorated he is at this point after this last injury.  Collaros has shown that right at this moment he can play and play much better.     I'd say the risk with Nichols is higher.     Also with Nichols it's clear that he's on a steady decline physically and is not the same player as he used to be.   He physically can't make plays unless he has perfect protection.  

Both guys are stop gaps and high risk.  

Just now, GCJenks said:

I realize Toth is not known for being more than a talking head but seriously? Rod Pedersen as his source make this worthy of a tweet? FFS there is no greater detail or certainty in that source or statement than reading any fan forum.

was gonna say as well...Quoting Penison who isn't connected in anyway to anyone who would give him any nugget of value is funny

He's just stating something that most think is obvious so he wants to seem like the story breaker and insider

How can anything be "all but done" in Dec when a player is still under contract to another team until February, and he wasn't released early. Nobody can talk to him within the rules yet, what a turd

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

That's why I used to turn off the radio when they had him on. Now I've just turned TSN 1290 off altogether. 

The only time I have them on at all is if I am in the car when the Jets are playing, that doesn't happen often. Can't even bring myself to listen to their pregame show on my way to a live game, they are just brutal time and time again. 

The stance against AH33 was what sealed the deal for any of their regular programming for me.

Just now, GCJenks said:

The only time I have them on at all is if I am in the car when the Jets are playing, that doesn't happen often. Can't even bring myself to listen to their pregame show on my way to a live game, they are just brutal time and time again. 

The stance against AH33 was what sealed the deal for any of their regular programming for me.

Yeah, that certainly didn't help. I still like listening to Hustler but can't stand Rick. So, off it goes.