2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

37 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Coming from someone with a shoulder injury I can confirm you don't know what you're talking about.

I honestly cant believe someone would argue this point. Collaros can get a season ending concussion from falling at this point. I mean so could anyone really, but the chances on Collaros are much higher. And it's going to be that way for the rest of his life. Nichols has at the very least an opportunity to completely heal.

On top of that, the way you're responding to posters makes you seem like a giant ******  bag. Maybe take some time to review what you're saying/trying to say before you post.

32 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Most of the starting QB's got taken out by one hit this year. One hit ended Nichols season. One hit shortened Collaros' season to 1 game + 3 playoff games.

Technically true, but Nichols took many hits through out the year. Collaros literally took one and was done for several weeks. But yes you're right about everyone being one hit away. But again concussion issues never leave. Collaros will forever have that hanging over him.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Technically true, but Nichols took many hits through out the year. Collaros literally took one and was done for several weeks. But yes you're right about everyone being one hit away. But again concussion issues never leave. Collaros will forever have that hanging over him.

I believe Nichols has also been our with a concussion - Collaros should retire while he’s on top though

3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I believe Nichols has also been our with a concussion - Collaros should retire while he’s on top though

IIRC, he was put into concussion protocol this past season after getting tackled on a rushing play in week 4 vs. OTT. I don't think he missed any actual time, though.

3 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Apparently Ryan Dinwiddie is having his 2nd interview for the Ottawa HC position and BC is interested in speaking with Maas for the open OC job.   It looks like the only open HC position is Edmonton and I just can't see Lapo being a strong candidate.  

Will the board survive if Lapo returns for the 2021 season?   

Oh the board will thrive. Conflict creates activity. As you can see the post cup after glow is almost gone and Lapo is a good target for the wrath of only winning one Grey Cup. Obviously the team should have got a better QB and OC and stayed an extra day to win another cup. 

Collaros survived the concussion protocol in the last season game against the stamps....He was hit pretty hard when he took off for a 1st. down....I couldn't believe there wasn't a flag tossed on that one...total miss by the refs...However the point is he bounced up and carried on without a hitch....Will that continue on??? No one can say but his play through out the last 5 games of the year sure proved that he can still play this game at a very high level....No quarterback is immune from injury and I don't know if we're willing to take the chance....Nichols has injury history as well and we don't know really if he is 100 percent going into next year...Walters has a few decisions to make ....quarterback being a tough one....I don't think the Bomber management are prepared to anoint anyone as things stand now....This is where gm's make their dough....

Absolutely both Collaros and Nichols are guys that are one hit away from retirement.   Both I would not see as durable at this point with their own issues and would not be a guy to hitch your future on.   It's unfortunate that Strev did not progress on his passing game as it would make this decision so much easier.  

1 minute ago, Floyd said:

Lapo would be a great match with Harris - he’ll get the Edmonton job

Edmonton has the bones to be a very solid team but players are a reflection of their coach.  That team was never going to go deep, or have sustained success, with Maas at the helm.  I think the right guy can make them a contender.

8 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Would he? Harris is used to throwing 35-40 times a game.

This is my point - Harris wears himself out but he is also great at spreading the ball around the field 

Lapo’s misdirection would only benefit their red zone production

32 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Collaros also took 2 big hits in the last season game and continued to play.

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

This is my point - Harris wears himself out but he is also great at spreading the ball around the field 

Lapo’s misdirection would only benefit their red zone production

Possibly. Harris may also be a rhythm guy, so you take PAs away, you may mess with him.

He has shown to be streaky 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I honestly cant believe someone would argue this point. Collaros can get a season ending concussion from falling at this point. I mean so could anyone really, but the chances on Collaros are much higher. And it's going to be that way for the rest of his life. Nichols has at the very least an opportunity to completely heal.

On top of that, the way you're responding to posters makes you seem like a giant ******  bag. Maybe take some time to review what you're saying/trying to say before you post.

I'll take a QB with a few concussions over one who just came off season ending shoulder surgery on his throwing shoulder, the season before he also had a non-contact knee injury as well. The guy can't stay healthy either so it's a moot point. 

Won't comment on how you view my posts as it's irrelevant.

12 hours ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

Yup, it was all on the defense I guess. Collaros just watched from the sideline and drank Gatorade, had nothing to do with our success in the playoffs or the GC win! Lol.  Your argument is based purely on speculation and what 'might' have happened, mine is based on history and what actually happened ,yet im the one with the stupid argument? Lol. Okay then...

You missed the point, the point was in past years the defense was awful and even with a good game offensively by Nichols the team lost. If nichols had a good D backing him in BC and against Edmonton in past semi finals he probably walks out with some wins there.

42 minutes ago, voodoochylde said:

Edmonton has the bones to be a very solid team but players are a reflection of their coach.  That team was never going to go deep, or have sustained success, with Maas at the helm.  I think the right guy can make them a contender.

I don't think LaPo is the guy to change a culture, more of and X's and O's coach lost in his own world, Esks may not be a great fit.  He could certainly improve their red-zone productivity as he did with the Bombers 2-3 years ago, bringing them from near bottom to near top in one year.

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You missed the point, the point was in past years the defense was awful and even with a good game offensively by Nichols the team lost. If nichols had a good D backing him in BC and against Edmonton in past semi finals he probably walks out with some wins there.

Agreed, here are the Bomber play-offs of days past... before we were ******* GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!! 😂

2016 CFL West 3rd 11 7 0 Lost West Semi-Final (Lions) 32-31
  2017 CFL West 2nd 12 6 0 Lost West Semi-Final (Eskimos) 39-32

Those are two very winnable games if the defense didn't play like a sieve...

I will however acknowledge that 2019 Nichols... is not the same player as end of 2016 and all of 2017 Nichols... Back then, I would have faith that he could put the team on his back and win... that last minute TD drive needed to win... I fully had faith. 

Not so much now. I don't have nearly the same level of confidence as I did back then. 

He's an average to above average QB, who is coming off a serious injury to his throwing arm. I feel we need to go in a different direction, we need a better QB. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed, here are the Bomber play-offs of days past... before we were ******* GREY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!! 😂

2016 CFL West 3rd 11 7 0 Lost West Semi-Final (Lions) 32-31
  2017 CFL West 2nd 12 6 0 Lost West Semi-Final (Eskimos) 39-32

Those are two very winnable games if the defense didn't play like a sieve...

I will however acknowledge that 2019 Nichols... is not the same player as end of 2016 and all of 2017 Nichols... Back then, I would have faith that he could put the team on his back and win... that last minute TD drive needed to win... I fully had faith. 

Not so much now. I don't have nearly the same level of confidence as I did back then. 

I feel we need to go in a different direction, we need a better QB. 

I still feel like he was never a mobile enough QB even in those years. I like Matt Nichols, just don't think he can make plays when the pocket is less than perfect.