2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

13 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Without Nichols O’shea Would have been fired in 2016 and we would have no grey cup. Our defense is great this year and was pretty good last year but in 2016-2017 it was not good at all and it really was Nichols and Harris holding the glue together. Say what you want about the man but without Nichols there is no Grey cup period. 

Skunk laughs. Thinks what you said is funny even though what you said is true.  He gives no credit to Nichols for anything.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 hours ago, 17to85 said:

This is the stupidest ******* argument in have ever seen. Give nichols the D we saw in this playoffs backing him up he would have won a lot more playoff games. Also calgary this year is not the same as Calgary last year so don't even try and make that comparison.

Yup, it was all on the defense I guess. Collaros just watched from the sideline and drank Gatorade, had nothing to do with our success in the playoffs or the GC win! Lol.  Your argument is based purely on speculation and what 'might' have happened, mine is based on history and what actually happened ,yet im the one with the stupid argument? Lol. Okay then...

1 hour ago, Blue and Gold87 said:

Yup, it was all on the defense I guess. Collaros just watched from the sideline and drank Gatorade, had nothing to do with our success in the playoffs or the GC win! Lol.  Your argument is based purely on speculation and what 'might' have happened, mine is based on history and what actually happened ,yet im the one with the stupid argument? Lol. Okay then...

In fairness Nichols did beat Calgary with a whopping 177 yards passing....  against Arbuckle and a massively depleted defense riddled with injuries and while playing at home with nice weather...  totally the same as playing against BLM on the road with the defense mostly healthy......

15 hours ago, Nickthesizz said:

I've put it out there, name to me one tangible facet of the game of football he's better than Zach Collaros.

I'll wait.

Also I don't care about anything other than football I don't have favourite players unless they're from Winnipeg. Everyone else is replaceable.

One aspect is a comparison of concussion histories. I would take ZC over Nichols any day of the week based on play but you have to factor in ZC's concussion history. You seem to be ignoring that and that is extremely short sighted.

The problem is that at this stage of his concussions he is extremely prone to getting another one and missing significant time and unlike other injuries that heal over time this never will

Apparently Ryan Dinwiddie is having his 2nd interview for the Ottawa HC position and BC is interested in speaking with Maas for the open OC job.   It looks like the only open HC position is Edmonton and I just can't see Lapo being a strong candidate.  

Will the board survive if Lapo returns for the 2021 season?   

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

In fairness Nichols did beat Calgary with a whopping 177 yards passing....  against Arbuckle and a massively depleted defense riddled with injuries and while playing at home with nice weather...  totally the same as playing against BLM on the road with the defense mostly healthy......

Collaros threw for 193 yards in the WSF.

And what "massively depleted" defense...? Take a look at the depth charts. Same secondary, mostly the same front 7. The one major difference is Law played in week 9 but not in the playoffs.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/06/Week9-Cgy.pdf

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/06/WSF-Cgy.pdf

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

One aspect is a comparison of concussion histories. I would take ZC over Nichols any day of the week based on play but you have to factor in ZC's concussion history. You seem to be ignoring that and that is extremely short sighted.

The problem is that at this stage of his concussions he is extremely prone to getting another one and missing significant time and unlike other injuries that heal over time this never will

Grasping for straws when you know you've lost the argument lol. Shoulder injuries don't just "go away". You do realize Nichols is coming off a season ending shoulder injury right? 😂

42 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Collaros threw for 193 yards in the WSF.

And what "massively depleted" defense...? Take a look at the depth charts. Same secondary, mostly the same front 7. The one major difference is Law played in week 9 but not in the playoffs.

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/06/Week9-Cgy.pdf

https://d3ham790trbkqy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/06/WSF-Cgy.pdf

Buddy it was like -15, nobody could throw the ball.

Clueless.

13 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Grasping for straws when you know you've lost the argument lol. Shoulder injuries don't just "go away". You do realize Nichols is coming off a season ending shoulder injury right? 😂

Being condescending doesn't make your argument right, nor does it make it any more compelling. Maybe you should check your attitude at the door because if you think it makes you sound smart you are sadly mistaken.

Clueless indeed.

Edited by GCn20

17 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

My shoulder injury (significant and required surgery) went away and I played 7 years after the fact...bothers me now but didn't effect my play...also just because it's season ending doesn't mean it's career threatening by any means..I had season ending surgeries 3 times....just saying

And in a football player I will take a guy with rebuilt knees..shoulders..anyday and twice on sunday than a chronic repeat Concussion sufferer..they DO NOT go away..and compound each time...and occur more frequently when as time goes on, and sometimes from something really minimal too...

Edited by Booch

22 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Buddy it was like -15, nobody could throw the ball.

Clueless.

means nothing...guys can throw for yards in cold weather..Danny Barret threw for almost 400 yards in 1991 Grey Cup..Prob coldest game I ever been to..and many other games guys put up big numbers

20 minutes ago, Booch said:

My shoulder injury (significant and required surgery) went away and I played 7 years after the fact...bothers me now but didn't effect my play...also just because it's season ending doesn't mean it's career threatening by any means..I had season ending surgeries 3 times....just saying

And in a football player I will take a guy with rebuilt knees..shoulders..anyday and twice on sunday than a chronic repeat Concussion sufferer..they DO NOT go away..and compound each time...and occur more frequently when as time goes on, and sometimes from something really minimal too...

When I hear guys dismiss Collaros's concussion history and then suggest that MN's injury is just as problematic only one word comes to mind.

Clueless.

I loved what Collaros did for us, I really do, and if he ends ups back here next year I wouldn't shed a tear. However, one has to acknowledge that it would be a massive gamble on our season.

Edited by GCn20

I love ZC for helping us to a championship but man oh man is he one hit away from being Buck Pierce. He has taken a beating and honestly can’t be counted on to be more than just a small stretch quarterback. Great guy to have as a back up who can win you a game. But you cannot put your eggs all in one basket with this guy. 

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

When I hear guys dismiss Collaros's concussion history and then suggest that MN's injury is just as problematic only one word comes to mind.

Clueless

YEAH...gotta agree there....nobody in the media and as a fan even knows what it was...and could have been something relatively minor...but season ending none the less with prognosis for full recovery..the fact over the last 3-4 weeks of the year he showed no signs of discomfort as well as it not pinned down or in some kind of immobilization device would lead one to believe it wasn't extensive surgery

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I love ZC for helping us to a championship but man oh man is he one hit away from being Buck Pierce. He has taken a beating and honestly can’t be counted on to be more than just a small stretch quarterback. Great guy to have as a back up who can win you a game. But you cannot put your eggs all in one basket with this guy. 

That's just it....a fan base that saw this exact same movie starring Buck Pierce sure seems to have a short memory.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Clueless.

I loved what Collaros did for us, I really do, and if he ends ups back here next year I wouldn't shed a tear. However, one has to acknowledge that it would be a massive gamble on our season.

Yeah, there is some really skewed thinking here. 

Relying on Collaros is a far bigger gamble. 

12 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Clueless.

Coming from someone with a shoulder injury I can confirm you don't know what you're talking about.

5 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Coming from someone with a shoulder injury I can confirm you don't know what you're talking about.

coming from someone who had a severe shoulder injury, 2 knee reconstructions , 2 known concussions , broken hand (x2) broken arm and played high level ball...at times with a cast...post surgeries..i can say without a doubt you don't really know what you are talking about...did you have a professional sports physician repair you?...sports therapist experts rehab you?...were you training and living llike a high level athlete??

20 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

That's just it....a fan base that saw this exact same movie starring Buck Pierce sure seems to have a short memory.

That's not a fair comparison though... they have completely differing styles... Buck would just run and not hook slide.. took hits head on (sometimes literally)... watch Zach- he's elusive and dodges on comers as well as slips past them... It's pretty sweet to watch. 

A shoulder is structural with a road map to recovery, markers for functionality, progress, and can be documented.

A concussion is still far, far, far more uncertain and every person can be highly different in their recovery.

It isn't close.

Edited by Geebrr

17 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That's not a fair comparison though... they have completely differing styles... Buck would just run and not hook slide.. took hits head on (sometimes literally)... watch Zach- he's elusive and dodges on comers as well as slips past them... It's pretty sweet to watch. 

You would think D players are going to be ultra aware of Zach's condition and although they might relish the thought of playing villain, I doubt any of them want to be remembered as the guy that ended his career with a dirty head-shot.  Except maybe Simoni, he has a strange way of justifying his actions.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

You would think D players are going to be ultra aware of Zach's condition and although they might relish the thought of playing villain, I doubt any of them want to be remembered as the guy that ended his career with a dirty head-shot.  Except maybe Simoni, he has a strange way of justifying his actions.

Villain! Thy name is Simoni!

Yeah, I agree with You- and maybe... who was that guy that played for the Argos... Cashier? Made a living on hitting QBs square in the top part of their chest plate with his helmet and then driving it up into their grill.... ****, I hate that guy. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy