2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

16 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

I've put it out there, name to me one tangible facet of the game of football he's better than Zach Collaros.

Just finally collected my $20 from my Ti-Cat friend he lost in our bet and we had a good convo about Collaros.  He said that he wouldn't want Zach back in Hamilton because of the head injuries.  It is a gamble for sure.  He did say Zach would make a good back up, but would he accept that role?  Maybe, don't know the guy that well.  I know Nichols wouldn't take a back-up role, as well he shouldn't.

21 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

You seem really confused these days

Unfortunately you may be a little too immature to look objectively at a quarterback because your own bias gets in the way. Really unfortunate you have nothing of substance to offer besides personal attacks

Uses ad hominem attack to attack ad hominem attack... 

Awesome- we are only a week from winning the championship and now we're entering the long cold off-season.

3 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Uses ad hominem attack to attack ad hominem attack... 

Awesome- we are only a week from winning the championship and now we're entering the long cold off-season.

Ah you see, I have supplied reasoning to my disposition, whereas I have yet to hear one reason as to why Nichols is better than Collaros except he throws less picks which is a complete lie.

Context doesn't seem to matter around here.

Edited by Nickthesizz

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Man, the richness of this reply. 

You and a few others here have done basically nothing but **** on a QB who hasn't played since the summer, insinuating he's a bad teammate and that the Bombers will be better off without him.

Sorry, but passing off one's opinion as fact does not make it so. I also don't understand what's accomplished by kicking someone when he's down, especially after his contributions to the success of this team - all from behind the anonymity of a keyboard, no less. That's about as childish as it gets, so I'd refrain from calling others immature if I were you. I also wouldn't lecture anyone here about "fandom" or objective discussion, BTW.

For the record, saying the Bombers would be better off moving on from Nichols =\= Nichols is a bad teammate. I actually believe he provided value to Collaros and Streveler as part of the QB room. It’s more like he’s a declining asset coming off a major injury with a number of younger, cheaper and likely better options available this offseason. Don’t confuse the two. 

Edited by AKAChip

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

For the record, saying the Bombers would be better off moving on from Nichols =\= Nichols is a bad teammate. More like he’s a declining asset coming off a major injury with a number of younger, cheaper and likely better options available this offseason. Don’t confuse the two. 

technically 0 is a number, so I'll give you that.....

Just now, AKAChip said:

For the record, saying the Bombers would be better off moving on from Nichols =\= Nichols is a bad teammate. More like he’s a declining asset coming off a major injury with a number of younger, cheaper and likely better options available this offseason. Don’t confuse the two. 

"The team plays harder when Nichols isn't in the game." (up to and including the 2019 season)
"The team should move on from Nichols." (2020 season and onward)

They're two separate statements, actually. Try again.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

technically 0 is a number, so I'll give you that.....

The Matt Nichols argument is getting a little insane... but I still remember Khari coming back from shoulder surgery and being a shell of himself - with Nichols knee and shoulder history, it a legit issue

I don't think I want him back as our starter unless its really incentive based...  I do think he's a good leader and Buck as OC with Nichols as QB coach would be fine with me

2 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Ah you see, I have supplied reasoning to my disposition, whereas I have yet to hear one reason as to why Nichols is better than Collaros except he throws less picks which is a complete lie.

based on their career they both throw a pick in 2.5% of their pass attempts....so they throw the same amount of pics

Whereas Nichols throws a TD in 4.6%and Collaros does in 4.5% of his passes...DO the stats say then that Matt is better then..because if the numbers were flipped I sure people would say the same

3 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

"The team plays harder when Nichols isn't in the game." (up to and including the 2019 season)
"The team should move on from Nichols." (2020 season and onward)

They're two separate statements, actually. Try again.

I didn’t say that first comment and I don’t believe I ever have. 

15 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

Regardless, I don't think context matters- it is what it is. I was just pointing it out. I thought it was funny. 

7 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I didn’t say that first comment and I don’t believe I ever have. 

And if I have, that’s not something that I currently believe. My stance on Nichols at this point in time has nothing to do with how good of a teammate he is and that isn’t something I’ve argued at bare minimum since the start of this season. The discussion at hand is whether Nichols should be given the reigns for 2020, not whether he’s a nice guy and a good teammate. 

22 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Collaros, Masoli (who I don’t love, but is still better), Arbuckle... it’s not a short list. Not that they will be signed, but they’re all at least available. 

Masoli is not better and Arbuckle is wildly unproven. We don't know what he is. There is absolutely a chance that Nichols doesn't recover from this injury....but I want him to at least be in camp. I do NOT want to go into 2020 without a proven veteran QB. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Masoli is not better and Arbuckle is wildly unproven. We don't know what he is. There is absolutely a chance that Nichols doesn't recover from this injury....but I want him to at least be in camp. I do NOT want to go into 2020 without a proven veteran QB. 

I respect that point of view, I really do, I just strongly disagree. I’m not sure at what point a QB goes from being unproven to proven. Seems fairly arbitrary. Arbuckle’s numbers last season were terrific. 

Edited by AKAChip

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

I respect that point of view, I really do, I just strongly disagree. I’m not sure at what point a QB goes from being unproven to proven. Seems fairly arbitrary. Arbuckle’s numbers last season were terrific. 

extremely small sample size. I've been down the dark road of CFL Life Without A QB for too long. Matt Nichols came in and did nothing but win, win, win and win. I'm not going back into the darkness again...