2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

The O with Nichols put up similar numbers against the crappiest teams.

The O with Collaros put up similar numbers against the best teams.     

And how many times was Collaros sacked by some of the best D-Lines in the CFL? Almost none. You'd think that the QB might have something to do with helping protection.

People saying Nichols is the same as Collaros don't know what they're talking about.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Image result for jerry laugh gif

I wouldn't laugh it's true.   I made a point about this 2 seasons ago where the moment Streveler came into the game the team all of the sudden woke up.  

I don't think the players hate Nichols by any means,  but they definitely rally harder and definitely play with more energy when Strev or Zach were in.  

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Only 2 HC job left for now - Edm and Ott. 

If ever, I would like Lapo to go East. 

Well considering LaPo hates calling mid range pass plays which usually eat our defense up... I wouldn't be worried playing against his O.    We are very good at stuffing the run and short game.  

14 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I wouldn't laugh it's true.   I made a point about this 2 seasons ago where the moment Streveler came into the game the team all of the sudden woke up.  

I don't think the players hate Nichols by any means,  but they definitely rally harder and definitely play with more energy when Strev or Zach were in.  

No, no. It isn't. You and others passing off your bullshit opinions as facts doesn't make anything true.

I take it you weren't at last Tuesday's parade - which explains a lot as far as your lame comments go.

Strev definitely brings energy and excitement to the huddle but.. These guys are Pros not dudes playing around at the beach. If any player put more effort cuz Strev played.. They should be let go. Cuz thats not being a pro, that's being a pro blem. 

MOS Wade Kyle.. They wouldn't put up with that ****. Those players would be as Mike Commodore says.. "Packing their ****" 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

No, no. It isn't. You and others passing off your bullshit opinions as facts doesn't make anything true.

I take it you weren't at last Tuesday's parade - which explains a lot as far as your lame comments go.

You seem really confused these days

Unfortunately you may be a little too immature to look objectively at a quarterback because your own bias gets in the way. Really unfortunate you have nothing of substance to offer besides personal attacks. 

Edited by Nickthesizz

1 minute ago, Nickthesizz said:

You seem really confused these days

Unfortunately you may be a little too immature to look objectively at a quarterback because your own bias gets in the way. Really unfortunate you have nothing of substance to offer besides personal attacks. 

If u think a pro athlete is gonna not give it his all... Then you are kidding yourself. This is their job not some game with friends at the park. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Strev definitely brings energy and excitement to the huddle but.. These guys are Pros not dudes playing around at the beach. If any player put more effort cuz Strev played.. They should be let go. Cuz thats not being a pro, that's being a pro blem. 

MOS Wade Kyle.. They wouldn't put up with that ****. Those players would be as Mike Commodore says.. "Packing their ****" 

Nichols is fine when he has tons of time and a clean pocket, however as soon as something breaks down he's throwing the ball away or is sacked, Strev and Collaros can both make plays with their feet. Collaros is the happy medium.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If u think a pro athlete is gonna not give it his all... Then you are kidding yourself. This is their job not some game with friends at the park. 

I was more talking about their confused react on my post comparing the skills of Nichols and Collaros, where they seem unable to have a grown up conversation.

I think the team plays hard for all 3 QBs but there may be intangibles that change the "buy in".

Didn't realize we changed subjects but still disagree to some extent.

Edited by Nickthesizz

Just now, Nickthesizz said:

I was more talking about their confused react on my post comparing the skills of Nichols and Collaros, where they seem unable to have a grown up conversation.

I think the team plays hard for all 3 QBs but there may be intangibles that change the "buy in".

I wonder what your opinion of Collaros would be if Calgary didnt drop like 3 interceptions. 

Just now, Nickthesizz said:

You seem really confused these days. Seems like you have one very important confused. 

-Fandom

-Objective football coversations

Unfortunately you may be a little too immature to look objectively at a quarterback because your own bias gets in the way. Really unfortunate you have nothing of substance to offer besides personal attacks

Man, the richness of this reply. 

You and a few others here have done basically nothing but **** on a QB who hasn't played since the summer, insinuating he's a bad teammate and that the Bombers will be better off without him.

Sorry, but passing off one's opinion as fact does not make it so. I also don't understand what's accomplished by kicking someone when he's down, especially after his contributions to the success of this team - all from behind the anonymity of a keyboard, no less. That's about as childish as it gets, so I'd refrain from calling others immature if I were you. I also wouldn't lecture anyone here about "fandom" or objective discussion, BTW.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Man, the richness of this reply. 

You and a few others here have done basically nothing but **** on a QB who hasn't played since the summer, insinuating he's a bad teammate and that the Bombers will be better off without him.

Sorry, but passing off one's opinion as fact does not make it so. I also don't understand what's accomplished by kicking someone when he's down, especially after his contributions to the success of this team - all from behind the anonymity of a keyboard, no less. That's about as childish as it gets, so I'd refrain from calling others immature if I were you. I also wouldn't lecture anyone here about "fandom" or objective discussion, BTW.

I've put it out there, name to me one tangible facet of the game of football he's better than Zach Collaros.

I'll wait.

Also I don't care about anything other than football I don't have favourite players unless they're from Winnipeg. Everyone else is replaceable.

Edited by Nickthesizz

2 minutes ago, Nickthesizz said:

I've put it out there, name to me one tangible facet of the game of football he's better than Zach Collaros.

I'll wait.

Also I don't care about anything other than football I don't have favourite players unless they're from Winnipeg.

Hes better at not turning the ball over. He also wants to be here. Face it.. Collaros was a rental. 

Edited by Goalie

Well, nice to see that the Grey Cup win has stopped the 29 years of pent up over-reactionary bickering around here.

I'm not a mod, but if I were this thread would have been locked pages ago for all the pointless back and forth. So I'll just keep my opinions about the merits of the QBs (well known to most I'm sure) to myself at this time and offer a few quotes that either side of the debate can throw out if they feel the need to bash the other side for their counter-opinion.

1. "There are lies, there are damn lies, and then there are statistics" - Mark Twain

2. "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable" - Mark Twain

3. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot" - Mark Twain

4. "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever