2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

27 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

As an extremely poor measure of a QB’s effectiveness and I would hope you know that. Do you consider the Bombers’ 3-0 record in the playoffs in non-Nichols’ starts compared to 1-3 with him to be significant? It goes both ways. 

So, QB efficiency can't be used. Wins can't be used. What obscure measure shall we use? 

Likes and thumbs up on MBB? 

Just now, JCon said:

Scoring? Nope, can't use that, cause we were leading the league.

The defence and special teams were literally averaging 9 points per game in Nichols’ starts. That’s excluding field goals. Does Nichols have any impact on that? Not to mention the field position he was given every game was incredible. Wins are a garbage QB stat and you know it so I won’t even address how ridiculous that statement is. 

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

The defence and special teams were literally averaging 9 points per game in Nichols’ starts. That’s excluding field goals. Does Nichols have any impact on that? Not to mention the field position he was given every game was incredible. Wins are a garbage QB stat and you know it so I won’t even address how ridiculous that statement is. 

Right, so we can't use wins. Crazy talk.

Can't use points. Gosh, that's ridiculous.

Can't use completions. I mean, that's a receiver stat, am I rite? 

Can't use efficiency. Man, do I even watch football?

So, we need some sort of stat that completely ignores wins, points, completions and efficiency. Hmmmm... I'm stumped. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, we need some sort of stat that completely ignores wins, points, completions and efficiency. Hmmmm... I'm stumped. 

You’re not arguing what I’m saying in any capacity. Do you not think if you remove the 9 points per game that Nichols had absolutely nothing to do with in his starts wouldn’t drastically effect where the Bombers landed on that points per game list? What about average starting field position? Is that irrelevant to you as well? As far as completions go, when you look at that chart I posted earlier what exactly goes through your mind? The guy had 20 completions that traveled over 15 yards in the air over his nine starts. No **** his completion percentage will be high. 

Edited by AKAChip

55 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, QB efficiency can't be used. Wins can't be used. What obscure measure shall we use? 

Likes and thumbs up on MBB? 

How about the eye test where he sucked badly once he played tougher teams and when the five yard dump off was game planned against.

We blamed LaPo but clearly as the play off rum showed it wasn't all on LaPo.

Rewatch the games we had receivers open mid and deep and he wouldn't throw it to them. Watch how badly he couldn't escape pressure.

Look how much more energized the players looked once Strev and Zach played. Same thing happened two seasons ago, the moment Strev came into the game the offense looked alive and received who were ignored started getting balls to them.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

The only applicable stat is the eye test, but you can only use that if your head is lodged firmly in your own ass. 

I just will not understand how people can ***** so much about a qb who has done nothing but win games for this team since he took over the starting job. 

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Look how much more energized the players looked once Strev and Zach played. Same thing happened two seasons ago, the moment Strev came into the game the offense looked alive and received who were ignored started getting balls to them.

So how come the record with Streveler sucks balls compared to Nichols? And I say that as someone who loves Streveler and thinks he's gonna be an absolute star. He lost games that Nichols woulda won for this team. 

The only comparison here that makes any sense is for arguing that Collaros is better than Nichols, and he might be, he does keep his eyes downfield better than Nichols, but as others mentioned, he was pretty lucky he didn't rack up some turnovers in the games he did play. over the course of a season those sorts of things do even out. 

3 hours ago, Geebrr said:

There is no luck.

**** that.

You make plays or you don't.

Which is valid, unless you have a QB who is made of glass and is one hit away from potential retirement. 

Luck plays a role in everything. We were unlucky to lose Nichols the way we did on what looked to be a pretty routine hit. 
then made one helluva trade for a great QB in Collaros who is one headshot away from god knows what, and got lucky that he didn’t get hurt. 

Oh, and we are lucky to have a guy like Walters to have pulled that trade off. 

I am also drinking lucky.

48 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

So how come the record with Streveler sucks balls compared to Nichols? And I say that as someone who loves Streveler and thinks he's gonna be an absolute star. He lost games that Nichols woulda won for this team. 

Played stronger competition, didn't have Harris for two games. Defense went cold.

He's basically a rookie with a fraction of the experience and made rookie mistakes. What's Nichols excuse when a non rookie walks in and in a few weeks notice completely outshines him.

Nichols had one good game against a good team this season (Edmonton).

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Played stronger competition, didn't have Harris for two games. Defense went cold.

He's basically a rookie with a fraction of the experience and made rookie mistakes. What's Nichols excuse when a non rookie walks in and in a few weeks notice completely outshines him.

Nichols had one good game against a good team this season (Edmonton).

Pretty sorry excuse, when we played Ottawa they had beaten Calgary and Saskatchewan... That's the supposed top 2 teams in the west on the year. 

And I don't see how Collaros really did outshine Nichols other than the people who would rather stab their own eyes out than give Nichols any shred of credit. Their numbers are very very similar overall, because that's the numbers this offense put up. It's a running offense, the QB play is basically boiled down to "don't **** up"

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Where's my *salute* emoji when I need it? Good on ya Dave... Preach. 

Tweedle dee and Tweedle.....

The quality of your guys posts are very similar to the stuff I read on riderfans.  What is funny is that you guys mock them so much yet literally post the same stuff that they do with the exception of using Nichols instead of Fajardo.    

Lots of barking but damn sure are quiet when LaPo proves you guys completely wrong when he has a real QB running the offense.  

Do you even read what I say about Lapo? And **** sakes at least twice tonight I've shown you how Collaros and Nichols put up similar numbers... but yeah, it was ALLLL the awesomeness of Collaros and not this team doing what this team does best. Simple fact is that the problems this team had with Streveler as the starter we twofold. One Lapo used him too much as a running gimmick and two that he turned the ball over more. Collaros being a veteran brought it back more in line with what was happening when Nichols was there because they're both veterans. 

All you have done is **** all over Nichols and shown nothing that makes Collaros better... unless it's that one throw against Calgary to end the regular season, which was a hell of a play, but still just one play. 

What was Nichols record this season vs Calgary and Hamilton compared to Collaros?     

All of this with only a few weeks of practice under our offense.    Collaros did more with this offense with only 2 weeks of practice compared to 3 - 4 years with Nichols.    

Streveler unfortunately regressed in his passing game this season compared to his first... but go back in year one and Streveler did more with yet again a few weeks of practice then Nichols did.   He also at least has some upside and despite being so young he's already more of a leader then Nichols ever has been and his team mates get ramped up and rally behind Strev.   The team never rallies behind Nichols....  they look so lethargic when he is in and maybe it's because they hate being thrown under the bus after he shits the bed and blames everyone else aside himself. 

Without Andrew Harris ,  Nichols would be completely toast.  He's a one trick pony at this point and is terrible.      Aside from dumping the ball of the Harris and his one long bomb to Adams per game... what the hell does Matt Nichols brings to this team?  

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Mike Kelly said:

Which is valid, unless you have a QB who is made of glass and is one hit away from potential retirement. 

Luck plays a role in everything. We were unlucky to lose Nichols the way we did on what looked to be a pretty routine hit. 
then made one helluva trade for a great QB in Collaros who is one headshot away from god knows what, and got lucky that he didn’t get hurt. 

Oh, and we are lucky to have a guy like Walters to have pulled that trade off. 

I am also drinking lucky.

We gave Walters a chance when nobody else wanted to. We saw the GM he could be. That isn't luck.

By your logic with injuries, no team has ever won anything outside of luck.

I don't consider winning with your third string QB starting to be lucky. Rather, shows the quality of the coaches and players around an established vet to go beat the three teams ahead of you in the standings on the road.

The only lucky person on this team is Whitehead. Everyone rose to the opportunity when presented.