2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Pierce was a player who relied as much on his smarts and grit as his abilities, so he ought to make a good coach. He has served his time as QB coach and the move up to OC is a natural. Besides, he has settled in Winnipeg did he not?

Yeah he has lived here since he played

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Pierce was a player who relied as much on his smarts and grit as his abilities, so he ought to make a good coach. He has served his time as QB coach and the move up to OC is a natural. Besides, he has settled in Winnipeg did he not?

Very much so. Married a good Manitoba girl, in fact....

3 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Not sure if he's looking for promotion. But 3Down reports he was cut because of cap issues

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/27/longtime-stampeders-receivers-coach-pete-costanza-let-go-due-to-football-operations-cap/

This guy is ready for an HC gig... I’d take him as OC in a heartbeat

4 hours ago, Booch said:

If Lapo is gone...I'd be more than okay with Pierce...he's been mentoring for years and is a very big part of the game day scheme...he does more than people realize...

How do you know he does more?    Also that can be a bad thing, is he the one who wants to call conservative plays and ignore mid to deep throws?

Just now, Brandon said:

How do you know he does more?    Also that can be a bad thing, is he the one who wants to call conservative plays and ignore mid to deep throws?

We know exactly what deficiencies belong to Lapo because we've seen them 3 (!!!!!) separate times over the years. The hope is that Buck would take the good things Lapo does and reduces the shitty things... 

Now that Costanza has shaken loose, I’m going to call him as Ottawa HC and Arbuckle follows

campbell to Edmonton for full Ottawa revival on White Ave

Lapo to BC 

Collaros back to Toronto with Maas as OC/asst HC

Catherine Raiche swiped back from Eagles to be GM in Montreal

Edited by Floyd

11 hours ago, Brandon said:

Let's just leave it that know for a certainty..I also know he has been approached before about leaving for a different team but declined..likes it here and doesn't want to leave

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Let's just leave it that know for a certainty..I also know he has been approached before about leaving for a different team but declined..likes it here and doesn't want to leave

Ed Tait, earlier this morning on TSN 1290, mentioned that Pierce was approached numerous time before but declined and wants to stay in Winnipeg. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

12 minutes ago, Booch said:

I can confirm that with 100% fact, and I know the team that approached him.

1 minute ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Elizondo is off the list of any HC job. 

Pretty classless and amatuer move by the XFL to do that...Perhaps Elizondo just quits then,,,is that not what he did to Ottawa...go interview/talk on the sly and if they say they gonna hire you..Quit the XFL...It wont be around long anyway

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Pretty classless and amatuer move by the XFL to do that...Perhaps Elizondo just quits then,,,is that not what he did to Ottawa...go interview/talk on the sly and if they say they gonna hire you..Quit the XFL...It wont be around long anyway

Hard to feel too sorry for him. If he had put in one more season in Ottawa, instead of screwing them over the way he did, he'd be able to interview for all of the HC jobs now.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

well we know for a fact that Montreal approached him because that was big public knowledge last year.....

5 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Does anyone think they will get Mr. O'Shea signed and announce it before the end of the week ?...... maybe end of next week ?  I just want to see him signed, then I can relax and enjoy the off season as they work on assembling the next winning team. 

I'm not worried... at this point, I'm 100% confident O'Shea will be in Winnipeg for another 3 years...

PS: you quoted me as I was simultaneously quoted you here...

https://www.cfl.ca/fa20/

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

NAME A/N/G POS COLLEGE STATUS
ADAMS Darvin A WR Auburn  
AUGUSTINE Johnny N RB Guelph  
BRYANT Stanley A OL East Carolina  
COLLAROS Zach A QB Cincinnati  
COUTURE Michael N OL Simon Fraser  
FENNER Chandler A DB Holy Cross  
FOKETI Manase A OL West Texas A&M  
HARDRICK Jermarcus A OL Nebraska  
HECHT Jeff N DB Saint Mary’s  
JEFFERSON Willie A DL Stephen F. Austin State  
JONES Derek N DB Simon Fraser  
JONES Korey A LB Wyoming  
MASTON Mercy A DB Boise State  
MILES Thomas N LB Manitoba  
NELSON Charles A WR Oregon  
NEUFELD Patrick N OL Saskatchewan  
NEVIS Drake A DL Louisiana State  
ROH Craig A DE Michigan  
ROSE Winston A DB New Mexico State  
SAYLES Marcus A DB West Georgia  
STREVELER Chris A QB South Dakota  
TAYLOR Nicholas A DB Florida International  
THOMAS Jake N DL Acadia  
WOLITARSKY Drew N WR Minnesota

Arena Football League ceases operations, files for bankruptcy: The Arena Football League has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and is fully ceasing operations. “We’re all disappointed that we couldn’t find a way forward and we wanted to thank…

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/28/arena-football-league-ceases-operations-files-for-bankruptcy/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter  via @JDunk12