2019-20 CFL Offseason

JCon

1 hour ago, BomberfanMKS said:

yeh I could see that being the case based on hearing him on CJOB broadcasts...I personally prefer when Ed Tait is Bob's colour guy.  

Did you guys hear Doug and O'Shea? They were actually nice to each other. Winning will do that.  :-)

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Did you guys hear Doug and O'Shea? They were actually nice to each other. Winning will do that.  🙂

I'd really like to know what all bad blood there is between those two, because they never sound warm toward each other during post game interviews....

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'd really like to know what all bad blood there is between those two, because they never sound warm toward each other during post game interviews....

Yeah me too. It might go back to when Willy was here and Brown was highly critical of O'Shea's handling of the QB.

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

How could this be as they both played defence and would not have been on the field at the same time.

that does not matter one iota....you think it has to be based on one-on-one battles? No....there's always yapping from the sidelines and probably things happen out there that we don't see, but the players talk about....reputations for doing "sketchy" stuff on the field. I have no doubt there is no love lost from 2007...

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

that does not matter one iota....you think it has to be based on one-on-one battles? No....there's always yapping from the sidelines and probably things happen out there that we don't see, but the players talk about....reputations for doing "sketchy" stuff on the field. I have no doubt there is no love lost from 2007...

I don't think it has anything to do with their playing days.  Most players (except Angelo Mosca) let the on field stuff go.  I believe  the animosity is based on DB's outspoken comments about the team. 

Notable free agents

Below is a list of notable Roughriders players who could be free agents.

The list was compiled based on previous news releases from the Roughriders. The list doesn’t include extensions that haven’t been announced or player/team options that have been picked up.

Quarterbacks: Bryan Bennett.

Running backs: Marcus Thigpen, Kienan LaFrance.

Receivers: Shaq Evans, Kenny Stafford, Cory Watson, Naaman Roosevelt, Emmanuel Arceneaux, Kyran Moore.

Offensive linemen: Philip Blake, Takoby Cofield, Terran Vaughn, Dariusz Bladek, Dan Clark, Thaddeus Coleman.

Defensive linemen: Micah Johnson, Charleston Hughes, Makana Henry, Jordan Reaves, Chad Geter, A.C. Leonard.

Linebackers: Cam Judge, Solomon Elimimian, Sam Hurl, Dyshawn Davis, Derrick Moncrief.

Defensive backs: Elie Bouka, Nick Marshall, Ed Gainey, Loucheiz Purifoy.

Special teams: Jon Ryan, Jorgen Hus.

https://www.cjme.com/2019/11/18/roughriders-clear-out-lockers-after-heartbreaking-west-final-loss/#.XdOMOlYcrxI.twitter 

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

Notable free agents

Below is a list of notable Roughriders players who could be free agents.

The list was compiled based on previous news releases from the Roughriders. The list doesn’t include extensions that haven’t been announced or player/team options that have been picked up.

Quarterbacks: Bryan Bennett.

Running backs: Marcus Thigpen, Kienan LaFrance.

Receivers: Shaq Evans, Kenny StaffordCory WatsonNaaman RooseveltEmmanuel Arceneaux, Kyran Moore.

Offensive linemen: Philip Blake, Takoby Cofield, Terran Vaughn, Dariusz Bladek, Dan ClarkThaddeus Coleman.

Defensive linemen: Micah JohnsonCharleston HughesMakana HenryJordan Reaves, Chad Geter, A.C. Leonard.

Linebackers: Cam Judge, Solomon ElimimianSam Hurl, Dyshawn Davis, Derrick Moncrief.

Defensive backs: Elie Bouka, Nick Marshall, Ed Gainey, Loucheiz Purifoy.

Special teams: Jon RyanJorgen Hus.

https://www.cjme.com/2019/11/18/roughriders-clear-out-lockers-after-heartbreaking-west-final-loss/#.XdOMOlYcrxI.twitter 

In red are the ones that will be 30+ by training camp. Gainey will still be 29 at the start of camp. 

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

oof that's nearly all the riders starters. What's that gonna cost ya? They got **** for depth too so not like they can just go next man up either. 

Lots of guys coming off rookie contracts too, and CoFaj's new contract ate up some SMS. I am still gobsmacked that Powell is getting paid 200k a season. He may get his walking papers due to SMS as well.

13 minutes ago, JCon said:

In red are the ones that will be 30+ by training camp. Gainey will still be 29 at the start of camp. 

Those are just the pending FA's on the wrong side of 30. Anyone think Labatte, for example, has another year in the tank? I wouldn't bet on it. I know they are saying it was a rebuild year in Regina this year, but was it really? With the exception of a new QB this is a very veteran laden team that was the culmination of Chris Jones rebuild really. This offseason is O'Daisy's first and by the looks of his aging roster will be the first year of the rebuild.

The bulk of their receiving corps is ancient, the only good OL they have are ancient, their DL is ancient, they have a lot of decisions to make because their trenches are old and without depth.

Edited by gcn11

5 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

Those are just the pending FA's on the wrong side of 30. Anyone think Labatte, for example, has another year in the tank? I wouldn't bet on it. I know they are saying it was a rebuild year in Regina this year, but was it really? With the exception of a new QB this is a very veteran laden team that was the culmination of Chris Jones rebuild really.

You can't be serious that Rider fans think this was a rebuild. The roster was absolutely Jones'. He bailed last minute but left them a stacked roster that Dickie simply had to navigate through. Sure they had an injury to their starting QB but that position was never at any point solidified to begin with and it's not like they knew CoFaj would be their future. I guess if the Rider mentality was that this was a rebuild then that explains why they are making excuses for their exit and now bragging about how they got way further than they should have blah blah blah.

From the list MOAB posted, it is crystal clear that next year is their rebuild, because no way can they keep everyone or even most of those guys.

Rewatched the West Final last night and one thing struck me.  Shaq Evans looks like a beast, but he was so weak on his feet.  Winston Rose looked to be giving up all sorts of pounds on him but was throwing him around like a rag doll and tackling him with one arm. 

8 minutes ago, blue_or_die said:

Hmm I didn't know Bill Powell was so old..

Yeah he is 32 in March....and Rider fans were yip yapping about how Harris was old and would be a non-factor...not considering Powell has much more tread taken off his tires over the years in college and pro's..Harris was a part time player for a good 2-3 years prior to be a feature guy

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Those are just the pending FA's on the wrong side of 30. Anyone think Labatte, for example, has another year in the tank? I wouldn't bet on it. I know they are saying it was a rebuild year in Regina this year, but was it really? With the exception of a new QB this is a very veteran laden team that was the culmination of Chris Jones rebuild really. This offseason is O'Daisy's first and by the looks of his aging roster will be the first year of the rebuild.

The bulk of their receiving corps is ancient, the only good OL they have are ancient, their DL is ancient, they have a lot of decisions to make because their trenches are old and without depth.

Meh, you beat this drum every year and they keep ending up above us in the standings.

I'll believe it when I see it.

2 hours ago, blue_or_die said:

You can't be serious that Rider fans think this was a rebuild. The roster was absolutely Jones'. He bailed last minute but left them a stacked roster that Dickie simply had to navigate through. Sure they had an injury to their starting QB but that position was never at any point solidified to begin with and it's not like they knew CoFaj would be their future. I guess if the Rider mentality was that this was a rebuild then that explains why they are making excuses for their exit and now bragging about how they got way further than they should have blah blah blah.

From the list MOAB posted, it is crystal clear that next year is their rebuild, because no way can they keep everyone or even most of those guys.

They definitely viewed this as a rebuilding year. Not sure why.