WSF: Bombers @ Stamps

White Out

Weather update - It looks like Calgary is getting some snow tonight:

Calgary,AB
Alerts in Effect    
Snowfall Warning    
Issued at 04:30 Saturday 09 November 2019    

Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 20 cm is expected.

A strong cold front will result in heavy snow over parts of southern Alberta this weekend. The most intense snow is expected tonight and through the overnight hours. General accumulations of 10 cm will occur by Sunday morning, however, some areas could see upwards of 20 cm.
Temperatures are also expected to fall throughout today as the cold front passes.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/alerts/high-alert/alberta/calgary

There better not be a play tomorrow where the stamps are 2nd and long and the game is on the line and their receiver away from the play, trucks our DB on purpose and draws a ******* flag for DPI. 

Every ******* Playoff game they have that play in there. The refs buy it ALL the time.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

5 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Well if they do as shytty a clearing job as their fellow Albertans in Edmonton for the Grey Cup last year, who knows how the hel the field will turn out.

just for a fan perspective - where we sit is about 1/2 way up on the west side around the 45 yard line - and the winds seem to hit us pretty hard when they blow. I expect the field will be good but the winds may swirl and the cold will be a factor. I am hoping for a game that will be won or lost in the trenches where we have a chance. If BLM lights it up and the field is dry we are in deep trouble. I think it will be a close hard fought game!

29 minutes ago, BBRT said:

just for a fan perspective - where we sit is about 1/2 way up on the west side around the 45 yard line - and the winds seem to hit us pretty hard when they blow. I expect the field will be good but the winds may swirl and the cold will be a factor. I am hoping for a game that will be won or lost in the trenches where we have a chance. If BLM lights it up and the field is dry we are in deep trouble. I think it will be a close hard fought game!

I think we beat them 2 weeks ago in dry weather.

Get off their nuts 

1 hour ago, Starman115 said:

Weather update - It looks like Calgary is getting some snow tonight:

Calgary,AB
Alerts in Effect    
Snowfall Warning    
Issued at 04:30 Saturday 09 November 2019    

Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 20 cm is expected.

A strong cold front will result in heavy snow over parts of southern Alberta this weekend. The most intense snow is expected tonight and through the overnight hours. General accumulations of 10 cm will occur by Sunday morning, however, some areas could see upwards of 20 cm.
Temperatures are also expected to fall throughout today as the cold front passes.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/alerts/high-alert/alberta/calgary

Love it.

Snow tonight and cold tomorrow.

Absolutely perfect.

3 hours ago, BBRT said:

Can't help to agree somewhat. I have 4 Super Red Zone Season Tickets (all business related). I normally have clients call way in advance to see if they are available. For the WSF I got 1 call for 2 tickets. I am using the other and taking my son-in-law. The weather here is pretty crappy (at least according to what Environment Canada is predicting etc.) Lots of snow starting today and extending into tomorrow. High tomorrow with wind chill around -19C or so. Never know what to expect here. But I am predicting a sparse crowd for a play off game. I will be drinking lots of coffee that's for sure and will have on my Bomber Parka!

I find CHQR's coverage of the Stamps just lacks something.  It's really hard to put a finger on it. It's the same guys for years covering the team.  But they are on an all talk radio station. They do one hour of sports talk from Monday to Friday from 7-8 pm. That's the only time the Stamps would be mentioned so the team gets lost. And that's when they aren't talking Flames. The Fan 960 is all Flames, all the time as they are the Flames as well as the Hitmen radio station play by play. Postmedia could give a **** about the CFL. It's all about the NHL. So, the CFL gets buried. The buzz in Calgary for the Stamps is totally non existent. Been that way for years. 

Some interesting implications for the Bombers:

1. Eric Rogers is obviously a big loss.  Kamar Jorden is a scary combination of speed and hands, with a nose for the end zone on deep passes - hopefully the Bombers' secondary has done some prep for him.  

2. Having Derek Dennis (starting LT) back is huge - Jefferson & Co. will need a little extra push to get through to BLM.  I wonder how much the Stamps will run the ball?

• After much speculation at practice this week, slotback Kamar Jorden makes his much anticipated return to the lineup and will start for the Stampeders in the Western Semi-Final.
  • Receiver Eric Rogers will not dress on Sunday after missing practice this week. The veteran receiver is out a second straight game.
  • On defence, the Stamps get a few key pieces back in the lineup, as safety Royce Metchie, cornerback Tre Roberson and middle linebacker Cory Greenwood are slated to start.
  • Offensive lineman Derek Dennis also slots in along with QB Montell Cozart, who is listed as the team’s third-stringer behind Bo Levi Mitchell and Nick Arbuckle. 
  • - cfl.ca 

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

There better not be a play tomorrow where the stamps are 2nd and long and the game is on the line and their receiver away from the play, trucks our DB on purpose and draws a ******* flag for DPI. 

Every ******* Playoff game they have that play in there. The refs buy it ALL the time.

This is where O'Shea needs to make it very clear to the officials that they need to be on the lookout for this crap. 

Calgary's Oline did a fair amount of outright tackling of our pass rushers last game as well. If I were O'Shea I'd be making that clear to the officials as well. 

This is not the time to be Mr. Nice Guy hoping a call or two goes your way because you are so nice to the officials. Dickenson is a master whiner out there and often gets his way just because the officials don't want to have to be confronted by him. F(ck that siht! O'Shea has been a head coach for 6 years now. He needs to start imposing himself on the officials as an Alpha Head Coach to neutralize Dickenson's incessant whining.

34 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Some interesting implications for the Bombers:

1. Eric Rogers is obviously a big loss.  Kamar Jorden is a scary combination of speed and hands, with a nose for the end zone on deep passes - hopefully the Bombers' secondary has done some prep for him.  

2. Having Derek Dennis (starting LT) back is huge - Jefferson & Co. will need a little extra push to get through to BLM.  I wonder how much the Stamps will run the ball?

• After much speculation at practice this week, slotback Kamar Jorden makes his much anticipated return to the lineup and will start for the Stampeders in the Western Semi-Final.
  • Receiver Eric Rogers will not dress on Sunday after missing practice this week. The veteran receiver is out a second straight game.
  • On defence, the Stamps get a few key pieces back in the lineup, as safety Royce Metchie, cornerback Tre Roberson and middle linebacker Cory Greenwood are slated to start.
  • Offensive lineman Derek Dennis also slots in along with QB Montell Cozart, who is listed as the team’s third-stringer behind Bo Levi Mitchell and Nick Arbuckle. 
  • - cfl.ca 

Ignore this. That'll teach me to follow links posted on the Stamps forum.

Edited by Fred C Dobbs
Bad link

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Darrin Bauming*- 

Expecting Chris Streveler to be on the #Bombers depth chart when it is released later today.

Depth chart..yes. 
Will he play... ?

Why? The guy has a broken bone in his foot. What's the point? If I was Dickenson, I'd want him on the field. I wouldn't be worried that he might be. 

Worth noting that Gaitor is no longer with the team.   Apparently he got upset O'Shea changed his role and he left. 

https://3downnation.com/2019/11/07/anthony-gaitor-refuses-role-change-no-longer-with-bombers/

I liked him, but I guess the roles are set.   I hope the Bomber D gets on a hot streak here and shuts down BLM, and then Fajardo, and then Evans.   A GC win still won't save Richie Hall's job!

#ForTheW