WSF: Bombers @ Stamps

White Out

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

there is ZERO buzz out here, and honestly, the Stamps fans I *HAVE* talked to, are expecting to lose....

Zero is being optimistic. The Stamps fanbase is pathetic. There is only a handful of Calgary media here who care. The rest is Flames. Flames. Flames. Other than the 3 media types at 770 CHQR who cover the Stamps on radio, there's only 1 Postmedia beat writer who covers the Stamps for both the Calgary Sun & Herald. His name is Danny Austin. I follow him on twitter. He's constantly tweeting about the Stamps & he engages anyone who comments.  The guy likes CFL football & does a good job covering the team. But that's it. No one else really does. The sad part is he's from Toronto & he has more passion for the Stampeders than the rest of the media combined.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

30 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

it is a shame that due to youtube fuckery the original version of that video was yanked for horseshit reasons and we're left with this bad quality version. 

I'm curious if Chad has the raw file of that kicking around anywhere that it could make a comeback somehow...not necessarily via YouTube, but with another host so we could at least post it here....or somewhere. I should ask him. 

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

there's only 1 Postmedia beat writer who covers the Stamps for both the Calgary Sun & Herald. His name is Danny Austin. I follow him on twitter. He's constantly tweeting about the Stamps & he engages anyone who comments.  The guy likes CFL football & does a good job covering the team. But that's it. No one else really does. The sad part is he's from Toronto & he has more passion for the Stampeders than the rest of the media combined.

I follow him, too. I agree that he does a good job.

This playoff contest represents the 1st time that Winnipeg and Calgary have met in a Semi-Final since 1982. (We won 24-3)
Home teams won on EVERY year from 2009 to 2016. 
But, the ROAD team has won the last two (2017-18).

Explosive Play Rushing Hd-to-Hd: Calgary allowed only 4 runs of 20+ yards; Winnipeg was #2 making 17 runs of 20+ yards.
CFLgamenotes

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Zero is being optimistic. The Stamps fanbase is pathetic. There is only a handful of Calgary media here who care. The rest is Flames. Flames. Flames. Other than the 3 media types at 770 CHQR who cover the Stamps on radio, there's only 1 Postmedia beat writer who covers the Stamps for both the Calgary Sun & Herald. His name is Danny Austin. I follow him on twitter. He's constantly tweeting about the Stamps & he engages anyone who comments.  The guy likes CFL football & does a good job covering the team. But that's it. No one else really does. The sad part is he's from Toronto & he has more passion for the Stampeders than the rest of the media combined.

Can't help to agree somewhat. I have 4 Super Red Zone Season Tickets (all business related). I normally have clients call way in advance to see if they are available. For the WSF I got 1 call for 2 tickets. I am using the other and taking my son-in-law. The weather here is pretty crappy (at least according to what Environment Canada is predicting etc.) Lots of snow starting today and extending into tomorrow. High tomorrow with wind chill around -19C or so. Never know what to expect here. But I am predicting a sparse crowd for a play off game. I will be drinking lots of coffee that's for sure and will have on my Bomber Parka!

50 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Is Geoff Gray actually injured? No coverage on that from the beat reporters. I thought Gray was playing well. Plus. I’d dress two backups at O line

+1. What's up with Gray? He went from starter to being surpassed by a 2019 later round pick as 6th OL? I understand if we want a C as backup, but one can only assume he's legit injured and no one is talking about it.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

This playoff contest represents the 1st time that Winnipeg and Calgary have met in a Semi-Final since 1982. (We won 24-3)
Home teams won on EVERY year from 2009 to 2016. 
But, the ROAD team has won the last two (2017-18).

Explosive Play Rushing Hd-to-Hd: Calgary allowed only 4 runs of 20+ yards; Winnipeg was #2 making 17 runs of 20+ yards.
CFLgamenotes

I was at that game in 1982.  They played it on half a field as they were only able to plow about 35 yards wide and only part of the end zones were cleared.  Cold clear sunny day, and the Bombers won, so it was all good.