WSF: Bombers @ Stamps

White Out

2 hours ago, do or die said:

Want to hear their cries of pain all the way to Da Nang..

If you are in DaNang at the moment see if you can find anything about "China Beach" or a place called "Monkey Mountain" - I took in country R&R at China Beach when I was stationed at a fire base up on the Parrots Beak near the Cambodian boarder in 1969. Also had to do some work cleaning up the area around Monkey Mountain before the Air Force had a super secret installation going in  there.

43 - 27 Bombers. Kick the $hit right out of Dlck'N'Sons. Leave Bo crying on the turf and kick him in the guts when he is down there then slap the Stamps OL in there ugly faces when they come to his rescue. Be mean and cruel and run on the edge of destruction. Put fear into the soul of Cody Fajita so he cowers away from playing like he did last week with his sore tummy. Fu(king softy. Beware Sackstenchewan......you're beating is next. I just want to see one of the Bomber OL punch Simoni Lawrence in his fat lipped yappy fu(king mouth and shut him up once an for all in the Grey Cup game in Calgary. 

Edited by Firekid

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

If you are in DaNang at the moment see if you can find anything about "China Beach" or a place called "Monkey Mountain" - I took in country R&R at China Beach when I was stationed at a fire base up on the Parrots Beak near the Cambodian boarder in 1969. Also had to do some work cleaning up the area around Monkey Mountain before the Air Force had a super secret installation going in  there.

Man, when I hear Da Nang, I don't think about beautiful beaches. I think about the Viet Nam War.  The US Air Force had the biggest airbase in the world at the time in Da Nang. I remember being in the US on business a few times in the 80's & seeing former servicemen wearing Da Nang ball caps. If I was an American, I'd have been drafted to fight in Vietnam as I turned 18 in 1973 so that war hit home with me. That was a long & protracted war that actually started in the 50's with France as SE Asia back then was known as French Indochina but in the early 60's the Americans under Kennedy sent in military advisors & the war escalated under Lyndon Johnson in 1965. It ultimately cost him his Presidency as he introduced the draft & Nixon took over the fight in 1968. Peace talks began in Paris in 1969 & would last until 1973. America was a deeply divided nation. Different generation, different memories. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Man, when I hear Da Nang, I don't think about beautiful beaches. I think about the Viet Nam War.  The US Air Force had the biggest airbase in the world at the time in Da Nang. I remember being in the US in the 80's & seeing former servicemen wearing Da Nang ball caps. If I was an American, I'd have been drafted to fight in Vietnam as I turned 18 in 1973. 

I knew an Aussie who served there. The unit refused to go out on patrol or bivouac with Americans, as they were stupid, careless, racist, arrogant and often stoned. They were dumb enough to go on patrol with lit cigarettes in their mouths, day or night and call to each other. The Aussies would not bed down until an hour after sunset, and move out before dawn. Only half the unit would sleep at a time. They had little respect for the Yanks had very few casualties compared to them. The Aussies saw some horrific torturing by the US troops.

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I knew an Aussie who served there. The unit refused to go out on patrol or bivouac with Americans, as they were stupid, careless, racist, arrogant and often stoned. They were dumb enough to go on patrol with lit cigarettes in their mouths, day or night and call to each other. The Aussies would not bed down until an hour after sunset, and move out before dawn. Only half the unit would sleep at a time. They had little respect for the Yanks had very few casualties compared to them. The Aussies saw some horrific torturing by the US troops.

The My Lai Massacre up to 500 men, women & children killed. Lt.William Calley was the only American officer convicted even though 26 were charged with war crimes & atrocities. 

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Yeah not going to go there on your comments - Been there (almost 3 tours) know what happened so will steer this back to football - BTW most of the Aussies I knew over there were base camp dudes (means they never went to the bush). - In any event - looking forward to Sunday in the cold in Calgary - not sure how to predict the dang game. Going to be cold that's a given.

13 hours ago, do or die said:

Smashmouth

I really don't know how to predict this one! The Calgary OL is very good (I think they will start 3 Imports) - not 100% sure on that one. Last time out we did not get much pressure on BLM or at least not enough IMHO. I will be at the game - probably freezing my buns off! 

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

Yeah not going to go there on your comments - Been there (almost 3 tours) know what happened so will steer this back to football - BTW most of the Aussies I knew over there were base camp dudes (means they never went to the bush). - In any event - looking forward to Sunday in the cold in Calgary - not sure how to predict the dang game. Going to be cold that's a given.

Dark time in recent US history but even though I'm Canadian I'll just say thanks for your service.

1 minute ago, BBRT said:

I really don't know how to predict this one! The Calgary OL is very good (I think they will start 3 Imports) - not 100% sure on that one. Last time out we did not get much pressure on BLM or at least not enough IMHO. I will be at the game - probably freezing my buns off! 

Their run game sucks. We'll pound the rock & have success. If the field is bad that will hamper their passing game. We definitely can take the Stamps out, I feel.

The Stamps are a cocky team and take after their QB and coach...but after what I saw from them last game in Winnipeg running up our stairwell...reminded me of that guy in the NFL who ran to the Cowboys star at midfield and just got plowed over - that's what should have happened to those guys - if Walby was still playing he would have knocked the receiver on his can so quick... anyways I hate Calgary and would love to kick the crap out of them on Sunday!

6 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

The Stamps are a cocky team and take after their QB and coach...but after what I saw from them last game in Winnipeg running up our stairwell...reminded me of that guy in the NFL who ran to the Cowboys star at midfield and just got plowed over - that's what should have happened to those guys - if Walby was still playing he would have knocked the receiver on his can so quick... anyways I hate Calgary and would love to kick the crap out of them on Sunday!

I wanted one of our fans to go push that guy down the stairs. I was ******* LIVID when that happened...

11 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Terrell Owens, 2018 inductee into the football HOF. 

Further to Eric Rogers potentially missing this semi final; he’s their leading TD producer in playoff games...

Career Playoff Receiving – Eric Rogers has an extraordinary record in playoff games with 8 TDs on only 16 catches. That is by far the most productive scoring record of any player in CFL Playoff history:
Career Playoff Receiving – Eric Rogers 16 for 309, 8 TDs; Darvin Adams 11 for 136, 0 TD; Drew Wolitarsky 6 for 81, 1 TD