WSF: Bombers @ Stamps

White Out

My 4th game of the year, and should be able to snap up a ticket or two at bargain basement prices. Cold November day, Semi final, Calgary always has pretty lousy attendance for these.

With the Stamps getting healthier it will fall on Harris and our O line to win this game. **** Calgary and their mediocre fans, and **** the Stampeders.

GO BOMBERS

8 hours ago, Noeller said:

We're gonna win.... 

I wished I had your confidence....Seems that's where Bomber teams go to die post season...BUT we are rested and they're a little nic'd....Things should've/could've been so much better ...now we have to go with the hand we dealt ourselves...I do know that the ramifications of a one and done will be ....and it sure as hell won't be sticking with the status quo...Too many fans have had their fill...........However a good showing and a Cup win changes everything....29 yrs. and counting in the wilderness is going to be too hard to swallow after the start we had....so I'll borrow a little of your optimism and say....'this team does have a shot'

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

if O'Shea doesn't let Lapo and Hall  force the team to play scared  Calgary is ripe for the picking. 

I think he's probably not going to shy away from his responsibility for how the team plays. If he doesn't like it, change it, that's what he's there for. And if he tells them to do something and they do something else.... oh well.

I think the team will be aggressive. But I hope they use the db blitz instead of the linebacker one, which is useless.

and please stop with the trendy D lineman dropping back in coverage. somebody said Jake was in coverage, come on.

maybe some of that Ticats "max protect"

The Bombers can definitely win this game.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, JCon said:

This feels like a game that we have to go out and take it to them. We need to go out and win it, if that makes sense. 

100% makes sense. Last year in the west final they tried to let Calgary lose the game, which might work against the Brandon Bridges of the world, but not against the Bo Levi Mitchells of the world. 

You want to beat Calgary in the playoff go out there and take it to them. They won't give it to you , gotta take it. 

14 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Hopefully Gaitor is back the secondary is much better when he is in there.

And if he’s not Maston is the guy.  I’d like to see both on the roster but if they are both starting one at SAM and one at safety.  Put Alexander back to the boundary.

I’d get 7 DL on the roster for this one regardless of the cost.  Easy way is to drop the 4th import LB.

49 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And if he’s not Maston is the guy.  I’d like to see both on the roster but if they are both starting one at SAM and one at safety.  Put Alexander back to the boundary.

I’d get 7 DL on the roster for this one regardless of the cost.  Easy way is to drop the 4th import LB.

Not that its gonna happen, but a 3-4 defence alternating with a conventional 4-3 would make life difficult for the Stamps.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Not that its gonna happen, but a 3-4 defence alternating with a conventional 4-3 would make life difficult for the Stamps.

30 fronts are garbage in this era and with the way teams use max protect with 2-3 man routes downfield.  The Bombers blitz packages all season are a great example of that. I doubt a Bombers LB has touched a QB in the pocket more than 10 times this season.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

30 fronts are garbage in this era and with the way teams use max protect with 2-3 man routes downfield.  The Bombers blitz packages all season are a great example of that. I doubt a Bombers LB has touched a QB in the pocket more than 10 times this season.

That is likely because we are unable to disguise our blitzes and our blitzers are as slow as molasses in January.

It's going to be a tough road.

Against the Stamps it's hard to rely on your defense all game, so I'm hoping that with the addition of Collaros and having some designed runs for Streveler we can do enough on offense to pull this one out.  It really seems that these two teams match up quite well against each other and that a few plays separate them.  It could be a special teams play that decides this game.

The Roughriders are not as good as Calgary but they'll be almost as tough an opponent playing within the confines of Mosaic.  If our defense plays well, we can generally hold Sask to few points. They've only had mild success offensively against us all year: Final drive of the Labour Day classic, and some crazy fortunate plays that ended up in the hands of Shaq Evans (he is a good receiver though). On offense it is key to limit turnovers. Putting up 20+ points probably wins this one.

Hamilton...the only thing that makes me think they won't win the Grey Cup is if Dane Evans has a true rookie moment out there.  But who knows.

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

To me, Hamilton has to be the favourite.

They're healthy. They were the best in the regular season. They're going to play an inferior team at home in the playoffs after a nice rest. They are unbeatable at home this year. And, whichever team emerges from the West will probably be beaten up. 

Hamilton is definitely the favourite.