Stamps vs. Lions

B-F-F-C

Part of it is just that our offense doesn't utilize a receiver the same way that Calgary does (or other teams do) because we have Andrew Harris and the offense runs through him, for better or worse. We're just not designed to be a passing offense like that. So maybe a guy like Lawler or whoever could be the next Begelton, but it's hard to know for sure in our offense. 

3 hours ago, bearpants said:

I'd have to disagree with you... as of this year... Bailey and Lawler both look like legit CFL receivers.... Lucky (when used properly) can be a threat... and Janarion Grant (while he hasn't done anything on offense yet) I think can be a very good receiver (with a different OC)...   

Yes it's somewhat better this year but for the last 6 years what have we had? No Williams, Rogers, Walkers, Ellingsons, etc. None. 

Just now, Noeller said:

except what if we have and they just weren't used properly enough to find out?

That's an excellent point. Lawler and Bailey are the best looking prospects we have had in years but in Lapo's offense it's hard for them to shine, no doubt about that. Still, I wouldn't confuse any of them with Eric Rogers, Duke Williams, Greg Ellingson or Daryl Walker.

19 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Good players sure, but who’s the Brandon Banks, Bryan Burnham, Derel Walker, Reggie Begelton etc from that group? This O is desperately missing a game breaking receiver. 

I think it's entirely possible one of these guys can be as productive as the all-stars you've mentioned... I just don't see it happening in our existing offense...