The Trade Thread

On 2022-07-11 at 7:31 PM, Noeller said:

What a mess in TO... Only to be outdone by Ken Holland (I assume) wasting even more money and term on Jack Campbell.... 

At least Holland went to the final 4 with some of the moves he made. Campbell is an improvement in goal. The Leafs are a mess, you were right about that.

I don't know that Campbell is an improvement. Skinner is an improvement over Koski for sure and Campbell is YOUNGER than Smith but I don't think he's better. I just don't trust Campbell at all and it feels like a waste of money. 

Just now, bustamente said:

Both Weegar and Huberdeau are UFA at the end of next season so they have to re sign them or all they got was some nobody and 1st round conditional pick in '25

I don’t trust the Tkachuk’s so I’d be surprised if he signed with FLA. Course now that I’ve said that he will sign long term deal by lunch 😂

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I don’t trust the Tkachuk’s so I’d be surprised if he signed with FLA. Course now that I’ve said that he will sign long term deal by lunch 😂

Already signed 8 years $76M

On 2022-07-24 at 2:25 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have a question. If Chevy falls asleep & snores in the forest, does anybody hear? 

Cuz Winnipeg is definitely not on most people's no trade lists and free agents are just dying to come here after the last season or 2 of drama. 

If Winnipeg had a McDavid, people would sign here too  

Eventually you realize, Winnipeg can't compete with most nhl cities and overpaying not great Free agents hurts more than it helps. Draft and Develope. It's what we do. And will always do until global warming eliminates minus 30 winters  

Edited by Goalie

35 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Cuz Winnipeg is definitely not on most people's no trade lists and free agents are just dying to come here after the last season or 2 of drama. 

Eventually you realize, Winnipeg can't compete with most nhl cities and overpaying not great Free agents hurts more than it helps. Draft and Develope. It's what we do. And will always do until global warming eliminates minus 30 winters  

Draft & develop players for other teams, you mean. Edmonton get the same weather as we do. Minnesota is no screaming hell in winter, either. I've been in Minneapolis in Deeember for a few Vikings games & it's just as cold. I'd like to see if a new GM would have the same philosphy. Of course, until Sleepy leaves we'll never find out.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

19 hours ago, Goalie said:

I'm going to use this line on my Oiler friends. 🙂

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Draft & develop players for other teams, you mean. Edmonton get the same weather as we do. Minnesota is no screaming hell in winter, either. I've been in Minneapolis in Deeember for a few Vikings games & it's just as cold. I'd like to see if a new GM would have the same philosphy. Of course, until Sleepy leaves we'll never find out.

Minneapolis and Edmonton have better city infrastructure and tax systems than we do though.   Like anybody, athletes want to keep more of their money in their pocket.  Alberta doesn't have PST, so 7% of your income stays with you.   Minneapolis doesn't charge tax on clothing.    We forget that sometimes these guys move their families here and they want to move to a city that gives their families options while they are out playing hockey.  

I like Winnipeg, but the reality is city is crumbling and we're taxed like crazy.   Throw in the bad weather in winter, and it's not a desirable location to play in.

Copp and Trouba Laine and is that it? 

Cuz those are the only draft and developed guys? Roslovic wasnt good enough for top 6 here at the time. 

I don't see this. Did we just lose Gaudreau for nothing and trade Tkachuk? 

Only player Jets lost for nothing was Buff when he retired 

Ladd Kane Little even when on IR Copp Trouba Laine Roslovic have all returned assets in the form of picks and or prospects 

Chevy don't make many trades but when he's trading a guy he certainly does alright in getting a good return 

Dubois? If he won't sign extension he will trade him at this or next year deadline. Copp got a haul. Dubois as a rental for a playoff team would also 

Teams don't have cap space. Gotta clear cap. Jets have 6 million in space. They might be able to pick up a top 6 forward from someone needing to shed salary 

Edited by Goalie

• 2 weeks later...