CFL Player Award predictions

TrueBlue4ever

On 2019-11-03 at 8:54 AM, TBURGESS said:

Harris can't get his sanction shortened. He already served it.

You're right that Harris  can't prove his innocence. Even if the sample cam back positive, he could be doping AND taking a contaminated substance. He can't prove a negative.

I also think there's a strong possibility that if Andrew is innocent (and the pill he took was contaminated), it doesn't mean that every pill in the bottle he bought was contaminated. He could be "innocent" and still have his test sample come back from the lab as clean (uncontaminated). He's in a no win scenario. 

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You're right that Harris  can't prove his innocence. Even if the sample cam back positive, he could be doping AND taking a contaminated substance. He can't prove a negative.

I also think there's a strong possibility that if Andrew is innocent (and the pill he took was contaminated), it doesn't mean that every pill in the bottle he bought was contaminated. He could be "innocent" and still have his test sample come back from the lab as clean (uncontaminated). He's in a no win scenario. 

Unless every other available container in that lot of supplements was contaminated, but I don't think he has the wherewithal to pursue that.

We cannot conclusively determine if Harris was guilty of taking a PED or not, but if you look back at all the athletes who tested positive for PEDs or were identified by first-hand information as using, pretty much all of these were ultimately proven by self-admission or subsequent events to have been dabbling. Ergo, the probability is that Harris done did it. Suck it up, buttercup.

4 hours ago, Jesse said:

Except given the test results of before and after, and how little was in his system he physically couldnt be taking it and be taking a substance contaminated with it. And that its not some thing any athlete would take as a PED.  🙄

If he did want to take a PED, with the money he makes, he would have easily been on some thing that would not pop. If he did it half assed, he would have popped for a blocker not for a ped. People dont understand that. All PEDs are not the same. It doesnt take a lot of knowledge in the field to know that this is the clearest case of a contaminated substance in pro sports history. Seriously. 

Edited by wbbfan

6 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Except given the test results of before and after, and how little was in his system he physically couldnt be taking it and be taking a substance contaminated with it. And that its not some thing any athlete would take as a PED.  🙄

If he did want to take a PED, with the money he makes, he would have easily been on some thing that would not pop. If he did it half assed, he would have popped for a blocker not for a ped. People dont understand that. All PEDs are not the same. It doesnt take a lot of knowledge in the field to know that this is the clearest case of a contaminated substance in pro sports history. Seriously. 

And not all masking agents are as effective, or taken as directed. We have no way of knowing but the odds are against Harris.

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And not all masking agents are as effective, or taken as directed. We have no way of knowing but the odds are against Harris.

Thats not really true. masking agents do work, its a matter of when testing becomes better then the masking agents. Again, you dont have masking agents for a 45+ year old body builder none designer steroid. No, they arent. The chances are very very high that he is innocent, the problem is his vindication will probably come late next year. Tainted drug cases are slow as hell. 

8 hours ago, Jesse said:

Are you suggesting athletes don't take/need supplements?

Because 100% of athletes do....

No I am not suggesting that.  I was just wondering if he was taking whatever he took,  and the team knew he was trying stuff.... Like did he ask the team docs before he took the supplements...or was he experimenting on his own.

14 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

No I am not suggesting that.  I was just wondering if he was taking whatever he took,  and the team knew he was trying stuff.... Like did he ask the team docs before he took the supplements...or was he experimenting on his own.

Youre assuming it was some thing new. It could likely be a basic supplement like creatine that hes been taking for years. It could be the same brand too. 

The huge majority of supplements are processed in third world countries with no standards. The same places make PEDs with the same equipment. So you get cross contamination fairly frequently. Most of the time its some thing legal with some thing legal. But sadly it happens that you get a PED contaminating a legal supplement. 

With the money involved the big Players associations (nba, mlb, nfl, nhl +ufc fighters) should group up to put a manufacturing plant in north america that makes only legal supplements with extremely high change over standards so you dont have any cross contamination. Then any tested athlete could buy supplements that are 100% clean and legal. 

11 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Youre assuming it was some thing new. It could likely be a basic supplement like creatine that hes been taking for years. It could be the same brand too. 

The huge majority of supplements are processed in third world countries with no standards. The same places make PEDs with the same equipment. So you get cross contamination fairly frequently. Most of the time its some thing legal with some thing legal. But sadly it happens that you get a PED contaminating a legal supplement. 

With the money involved the big Players associations (nba, mlb, nfl, nhl +ufc fighters) should group up to put a manufacturing plant in north america that makes only legal supplements with extremely high change over standards so you dont have any cross contamination. Then any tested athlete could buy supplements that are 100% clean and legal. 

I think Harris openly stated that it was a natural based product he had not taken before, and it was both dumb and irresponsible to try it.

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

When you can't get a straight story it's usually because somebody is not telling the truth.  

His story is straight. He said, very clearly, what he thinks he took that caused the positive test. He has never questioned the test, only that the ingredients listed on the bottle are not accurate. He has not named the product or company but that's because he doesn't have scientific proof and, if he did, he could face legal trouble. 

On ‎2019‎-‎11‎-‎05 at 8:24 PM, wbbfan said:

Thats not really true. masking agents do work, its a matter of when testing becomes better then the masking agents. Again, you dont have masking agents for a 45+ year old body builder none designer steroid. No, they arent. The chances are very very high that he is innocent, the problem is his vindication will probably come late next year. Tainted drug cases are slow as hell. 

The reason that almost every athlete has moved away from Stan is because masking agents don't really work well with it. If a guy was trying to dope and not get caught the steroid found in Harris's system is literally the last one they would ever pick.

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

What exactly did Fajardo do that's "outstanding".....? 

Well, the Riders did win the West, that's pretty outstanding for them. And, he agreed to stay two more years in Regina (in Regina!) so that's pretty outstanding. He hasn't been found passed out in his car - another outstanding feat. 

On the field? Not really sure. 

I know the Harris snubbing has been beaten to death, but what is Simone Lawrence doing on there. He served a suspension and fined for a nasty headshot. Is that the type of player we call outstanding? That to me is the opposite of outstanding and negates anything positive he does on the field.  So play as dirty as you like, but be extra careful what you ingest!

I think for clarity, the league should make players ineligible for awards if they are suspended for any reason.