CFL Player Award predictions

TrueBlue4ever

3 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Agree. I'd love to know who voted against Harris. Not exactly a lot of media who would be eligible - Bauming; Wyman; Irving; Hamilton; Friesen; McIntyre (?); Orlesky (?). So, somewhere between 6 - 10? Who am I missing? And they honestly thought Mike Miller was the top Canadian? Clearly a non support statement to Harris, but Miller? I could justify this if there was a close second. Like say an all star Canadian O-line like Goossen was last year. But a special teamer?! Not really even the team's best special teamer?! It's nuts. Really bad look local media.

Definately not Orlesky, McIntyre, or Friesen. 

Wyman, Irving, Bauming and Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Wyman wrote a piece today explaining why he didn't vote for Harris. I feel Irving and Hamilton would have (Hamilton spoke out in defense of him and Irving isn't a moron, so he's going to do what's right...) 

Thanks for letting us know. Here's a link to his article. Kudos to Wyman for outing himself and explaining his rationale. 

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/wyman-why-i-did-not-vote-for-bombers-running-back-andrew-harris-for-any-cfl-awards

Couple of interesting things. Five voters locally including the head coach. Do you think O'Shea could have voted against Harris?

Second - bit contradictory in his rationale. Olympians would have medals revoked, etc., but, Julian Edelman gets suspended 4 games but wins Super Bowl MVP that season, because in his mind it's a "game" award. 

I still say it was a miss. And a slap in the face to the team, fan base and Harris to vote Miller over him. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Thanks for posting this. And thanks Bob for being the voice of reason and outing some of the media's true motivation. "Punishing" Harris further - just makes you look dumb as a media member and lose credibility voting for Mike freaking Miller. No offense to a good special teamer, but it's like voting John Scott to an NHL all star game. At least that was dumb fans doing it, versus a paid media members who are "experts".

Edited by M.Silverback

5 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Thanks for letting us know. Here's a link to his article. Kudos to Wyman for outing himself and explaining his rationale. 

https://winnipegsun.com/sports/football/cfl/winnipeg-bluebombers/wyman-why-i-did-not-vote-for-bombers-running-back-andrew-harris-for-any-cfl-awards

Couple of interesting things. Five voters locally including the head coach. Do you think O'Shea could have voted against Harris?

Second - bit contradictory in his rationale. Olympians would have medals revoked, etc., but, Julian Edelman gets suspended 4 games but wins Super Bowl MVP that season, because in his mind it's a "game" award. 

I still say it was a miss. And a slap in the face to the team, fan base and Harris to vote Miller over him. 

Just read his excuses. Now I place him even lower than Friesen on the ladder.

5 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

O'Shea confirmed that he was voting for Harris on the latest Coach's Show.

Way to go Bob Irving AND Mike Miller, cudos for standing up for the true heart of the Bombers....Whoever voted against Andrew.(because that's what it amounts to) better check their bull$hit at the door...They call themselves Winnipeger's???I think not ...How can they look themselves in the mirror..   just plain bull$hit...I won't say anymore cuz I'll get thrown off of here...I'm just livid

Edited by Stickem

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Way to go Bob Irving AND Mike Miller, cudos for standing up for the true heart of the Bombers....Whoever voted against Andrew.(because that's what it amounts to) better check their bull$hit at the door...They call themselves Winnipeger's???I think not ...How can they look themselves in the mirror..   just plain bull$hit...I won't say anymore cuz I'll get thrown off of here...I'm just livid

Everyone on here may not agree with it, but calm down man. It’s not the end of the world.

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Feel the same. If there was even a slight drop off in play from Harris, I could maybe understand. But he's been just as good after the test. Wyman talks about the research he did to come to his conclusion...but I'm not sure what he's looking at. If he did anything he would have seen how long the drug stays in the system, what kind of dose is needed and how often. The answers to all of those questions put doubt into how Andrew would have benefited with the amount he had. Add to that his performance for the games since and the fact that other rb's had 2 games to catch him for the rushing title and still haven't, I'm not sure how anyone could not vote for him? I can understand the league not giving him the award. But his own team/media is a straight up slap in the face.

You may not agree with the media on this one, but you don't get a vote, they do and they made their choices. Shocks me, but I completely understand their side of the argument too. Get caught = No awards for you (Ala soup Nazi). Maybe it should be in the next CFL agreement.

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

I'm a Bomber fan, so I support Harris, but I wouldn't vote for anybody from a different team who tested positive.

I certainly understand why somebody wouldn't vote for Harris.

As a writer you should feel the responsibility to vote in accordance with the audience that supports you.

6 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

You may not agree with the media on this one, but you don't get a vote, they do and they made their choices. Shocks me, but I completely understand their side of the argument too. Get caught = No awards for you (Ala soup Nazi). Maybe it should be in the next CFL agreement.

Maybe not letting the media vote anymore would be a better way to go or at the very least don't give them the freaking majority of votes.

Edited by gcn11

tired of hearing what John Bowman thinks.

probably also cost Harris some money by way of incentives.

Also, I accept Harris's * explanation. I don't believe he knowingly took an illegal ped.

For the fans it's Harris, easy choice.

*The general rule is that the possessive of a singular noun is formed by adding an apostrophe and s, whether the singular noun ends in s or not. The possessive of a plural noun is formed by adding only an apostrophe when the noun ends in s, and by adding both an apostrophe and s when it ends in a letter other than s.

(had to look that up)

Edited by Mark F

3 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Also, I accept Harris's explanation. I don't believe he knowingly took an illegal ped.

For me, it was Doug Brown that sold me during a pre-game show shortly after it happened. He basically said "trust me, if anyone would know about this stuff, I would....he didn't do it" and said that he got a text from someone in the organization saying "there is absolutely no way he did it because trust me, he's got a Dad-Bod...that dude doesn't juice".....all this, plus the fact that he's been as good or better since he came back from suspension leads me to believing him fully.

I was worried for a bit early on, but after doing enough research into it and listening to people who would know, I fully support and believe AH33....

Edited by Noeller

4 minutes ago, Mark F said:

tired of hearing what John Bowman thinks.

Also, I accept Harris's explanation. I don't believe he knowingly took an illegal ped.

As it should be. Harris did the crime but he also did the time. His penance was paid.

11 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

.....and the next time they stick a mic. in Andrew's face requesting free content to make their living upon, perhaps he should spit right back in their faces.  "Don't believe me???  No problem, just **** off".

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

he didn't do it" and said that he got a text from someone in the organization saying "there is absolutely no way he did it because trust me, he's got a Dad-Bod...that dude doesn't juice".....

Equally upsetting for Harris today is that is team mates feel he has a Dad-Bod.