CFL Player Award predictions

TrueBlue4ever

So ahead of the team nominees announcements this week, any thoughts as to who you would choose, and who should advance and win?

My picks:

MOP

BC - Bryan Burnham, Cal - Reggie Begelton, Edm - Trevor Harris (even with 5 games missed), Sask - Cody Fajardo, Wpg - Andrew Harris (will get through the Winnipeg vote despite the suspension)

Ham - Brandon Banks, Tor - McLeod Bethel-Thompson edges out S.J. Green, Ott - Dominique Rhymes, Mtl - Vernon Adams Jr.

Fajardo (sorry 17to85, he will get it) vs. Banks in the finals, Banks takes the prize

MODP

BC - Garry Peters, Cal - Tre Roberson, Edm - Vontae Diggs, Sask - Charleston Hughes, Wpg - Willie Jefferson (although Winston Rose would be a decent candidate in other years)

Ham - Simoni Lawrence (although Ja'Gared Davis is a strong candidate too), Tor - Abdul Kanneh, Ott - Anthony Cioffi, Mtl - John Bowman (lifetime achievement award)

Whomever of Roberson, Hughes and Jefferson (my choice by a hair) comes out of the west beats Lawrence in the final vote

MOC

BC - Lemar Durant, Cal - Cory Greenwood, Edm - Kwaku Boateng, Sask - Cameron Judge, Wpg - Andrew Harris

Ham - Ted Laurent (name recognition over Tunde Adeleke's stats), Tor - Cleyon Laing, Ott - Brad Sinopoli (despite a really down year), Mtl - Henoc Muamba

If Harris survives the PED vote of conscience, he is a lock to win. If not Judge vs. Laing (barely over Muamba) and give it to the 'Rider.

MOOL

How the hell should I know? It won't be a Lion, that's for sure. Bombers are probably in good given their rushing dominance.

MOR

I'll defer to 3downnation and their assessment:

https://3downnation.com/2019/10/18/each-teams-top-three-candidates-for-most-outstanding-rookie/

I think Lawler may edge out Exume for the Bombers given his late season success, but the finals is likely Holley of Calgary vs. Acklin of Hamilton. Unless the Stamps finish 3rd in the west, I see Holley being the vote.

MOST

BC - Sergio Castillo, Edm - Sean Whyte, Cal - Terry Williams, Sask - Jon Ryan, Wpg - Janarion Grant

Ham - Frankie Williams, Tor - Chris Rainey, Ott - Richie Leone, Mtl - Boris Bede

Grant was the best for the time he played, but with only 11 games and few kick returns, I sense he will not make the final cut. It will be Williams vs. Williams with Frankie taking the win (and shout out to Chris Rainey for a strong 3rd place finish)

7 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Harris has been the most outstanding player in the CFL

Harris has been phenomenal, and I don’t pull out that word too often.

I can’t think of anybody else in the league who has matched his tenacity and work effort.

Game in, game out.
He has been more than impressive on almost every carry.

At least all us Bomber fans know outstanding when we see it.

17 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

MOP

BC - Bryan Burnham, Cal - Reggie Begelton, Edm - Trevor Harris (even with 5 games missed), Sask - Cody Fajardo, Wpg - Andrew Harris (will get through the Winnipeg vote despite the suspension)

Ham - Brandon Banks, Tor - McLeod Bethel-Thompson edges out S.J. Green, Ott - Dominique Rhymes, Mtl - Vernon Adams Jr.

Fajardo (sorry 17to85, he will get it) vs. Banks in the finals, Banks takes the prize

I agree with you... even though there's at least 3 players on the west side that are significantly better than him... 

reasons:
1. real lack of options...
2. team has a good record...
3. the media loves to jerk off the riders...

the reality is Andrew Harris is still the best player in the league... unfortunately, people with ignorantly point to his suspension as the reason for his success...

For shame.

The Winnipeg chapter of Football Reporters of Canada did not make Andrew Harris the @Wpg_BlueBombers nominee for outstanding player or Cannadian. Those went to Willie Jefferson and Mike Miller. Harris is therefore out of the running for both awards.#CFL #bluebombers

You can tell me that I care too much about these things, but I am ******* SICKENED by the Winnipeg media, who wouldn't even give him the team nod. FFS! You know the guy...you know he didn't actually INTENTIONALLY ingest a performance enhancer. But you're gonna pull the TBurg and go way too far the other way just to look like you're not homers. Anyone who didn't vote for Harris should be embarrassed....

and I mean christ if it's not Harris then at least give it to someone at a skill position. Miller didn't even run away with the special teams tackles category, exume is right there with him. 

I personally would have given it to an OL in lieuof Harris, but honestly if not Harris it's probably best to give it to Demski. He was just shy of 700 yards from scrimmage.  

12 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

This shocks me. I fully expected the national media not to pick Harris, but I didn't expect he wouldn't be the team/Winnipeg Media choice.

I had hope last week when Glenn Suitor said he would vote for Harris. Sadly our locally "journalists" are useless. 

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

This shocks me. I fully expected the national media not to pick Harris, but I didn't expect he wouldn't be the team/Winnipeg Media choice.

Agree. I'd love to know who voted against Harris. Not exactly a lot of media who would be eligible - Bauming; Wyman; Irving; Hamilton; Friesen; McIntyre (?); Orlesky (?). So, somewhere between 6 - 10? Who am I missing? And they honestly thought Mike Miller was the top Canadian? Clearly a non support statement to Harris, but Miller? I could justify this if there was a close second. Like say an all star Canadian O-line like Goossen was last year. But a special teamer?! Not really even the team's best special teamer?! It's nuts. Really bad look local media.

Edited by M.Silverback