WSF

J5V

On 2019-10-29 at 3:29 PM, JCon said:

I'm sure that there is some way to have Streveler move from QB to, let's say, RB. However, it doesn't look like you could do it in this case.

If Streveler came into next season as our RB, I'm sure that's allowed but you can't move him back and forth from QB to another (offensive) position. They cannot play on defence. 

They could roster them as anything, but then you’re taking away another player.  And every offensive snap needs someone rostered as a QB on the field.  So even if you wanted to use that player as the QB in some sets the other QB would have to be out there, so you’re basically 11 on 12.

12 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They could roster them as anything, but then you’re taking away another player.  And every offensive snap needs someone rostered as a QB on the field.  So even if you wanted to use that player as the QB in some sets the other QB would have to be out there, so you’re basically 11 on 12.

No, they can't. Again, MOS explained this. 

Start 9:30 here: https://omny.fm/shows/the-winnipeg-blue-bombers-podcast/bomber-coachs-show-october-28th?in_playlist=the-winnipeg-blue-bombers-podcast!podcast

Edited by JCon

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think Streveler would make a more dangerous slot than running back. With his size & toughness there's potentially a lot of YAC yards there. Brad Sinopoli made the successful move from qb to slot with the Stamps & now Ottawa. 

We have one such in Wolitarsky and he has been ignored for most of the season. Unless there is a change of OC's, we would have the same result.

4 hours ago, JCon said:

He says almost exactly what I posted.  He's walking through it there, but it's been done before with guys playing receiver and QB in the same season.  When Danny Barrett first came into the league he played both receiver and QB for the Stamps.  How the league manages a team trying to hide a QB in another roster designation is by the rule that someone designated a QB has to be on the field for each offensive play.  So if you dressed Streveler as a DI, he'd have to both sub in for another import, and you'd have to have one of the 2-3 guys rostered as QB's on the field, and you can only have one QB on the field for offensive plays.  So unless you have another QB who is a CFL-level receiver, you're playing at a pretty significant deficit.

Often when the rosters were smaller, like when it was a 36 man roster, teams would dress their kickers as the 3rd QB as it has no effect on special teams.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

He says almost exactly what I posted.  He's walking through it there, but it's been done before with guys playing receiver and QB in the same season.  When Danny Barrett first came into the league he played both receiver and QB for the Stamps.  How the league manages a team trying to hide a QB in another roster designation is by the rule that someone designated a QB has to be on the field for each offensive play.  So if you dressed Streveler as a DI, he'd have to both sub in for another import, and you'd have to have one of the 2-3 guys rostered as QB's on the field, and you can only have one QB on the field for offensive plays.

Often when the rosters were smaller, like when it was a 36 man roster, teams would dress their kickers as the 3rd QB as it has no effect on special teams.

MOS - "Although, they do have a stipulation that says, sort of, how he started the season is how he is going to be treated." 

I can't find anything in the rules to support this but I'll take MOS' word. 

8 hours ago, Tracker said:

We have one such in Wolitarsky and he has been ignored for most of the season. Unless there is a change of OC's, we would have the same result.

Wolitarsky is a wideout so he wouldn't be as involved as a slot. Listen, I hear you as he's being wasted. I think Woli moved inside would be a dynamite slot along with Streveler. Bailey or Lawler would be just as effective if not more than Drew is now. I also agree about LaPo. 

So it's settled then. We need to win 3 games in a row. A very manageable task given the talent and health we have on this team.

First, we go to McMann for the WSF to beat a very beatable Calgary team that we have handled well all season. It's going to be cold and snowy and Bo don't like cold weather. He's going to be uncomfortable and so are his receivers. Pound the ball with Harris and Streveler will be the key.

Second, it's off to Mosaic to break the hearts of the Riders. The toughest challenge may be the officials so we need to play clean against one of the most penalized teams in the league. It's not going to be so easy for the officials to ignore the crap in a playoff game. I look for the Riders to come unglued when things don't go their way. Discipline will be the key.

The Grey Cup game is going to be against Hamilton but here's why we will win; 

1) It's very hard to beat a team 3 times in a row and that's what Hamilton is going to have to do against us and,

2) The game will be back at McMann. Once again the weather is going to favour the team with the better trench warriors and the better ground and pound and that's us. Bombers win and end the drought!

Judging from the games this weekend, the Bombers have as good a chance as any of the other playoff teams to advance to the Grey Cup game. Even Mitchell and Co. did not look unbeatable. The backup QBs were all uniformly terrible, and I would bet on a massive turnover in their ranks in the off-season.

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Judging from the games this weekend, the Bombers have as good a chance as any of the other playoff teams to advance to the Grey Cup game. Even Mitchell and Co. did not look unbeatable. The backup QBs were all uniformly terrible, and I would bet on a massive turnover in their ranks in the off-season.

The Stamps looked ordinary and uninterested - no way they win that game with Reilly behind centre.