3 stars HH stamp the refs

wbbfan

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The last Bomber qb I believe who could have made a similar type throw was Tom Clements as I saw him do stuff like that all the time. Scramble away from pressure & find a guy open with what looked like an impossible throw. That's what made guys like Clements special. That's all I was trying to say.

I remember Robert Marve making at least one real nifty scramble sandlot throws which he was here...

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I look at it the opposite way. Players wear less than they did in Brock & Clements time. Shoulder pads are way smaller. There's not a lot of protection on the shoulder & upper arms with shoulder pads because the players like to show off their tats & guns nowadays.  Then the helmets. They pop on & off like baseball caps. Most aren't properly inflated because if they were they wouldn't come of the way they do. I watched the Chiefs qb Matt Moore come off the field yesterday  & he took off his helmet. It was on tight & he was grimacing while taking it of slowly.  It didn't come off easily. That meant it was properly inflated & giving him the best protection possible. Helmets shouldn't come off like a cap. I think a lot of players love to show off how hard they work out & don't like tight helmets so they wear the equipment the way they want to. Leads to more injuries. That's my take. 

Today's shoulder pads are very good and offer good protection.  But, I am completely with you on the helmets.  It drives me absolutely crazy whenever I see one come off during the play or a player pull it off like it was a baseball cap.  A properly designed, built and fitted helmet is not easy to take off.  Anything less should result in immediate ejection from the game and, for repeat offenders, suspensions.  The Bombers drought of grey cups is a far less of a risk to the organization than lawsuits.  

22 minutes ago, MC said:

Today's shoulder pads are very good and offer good protection.  But, I am completely with you on the helmets.  It drives me absolutely crazy whenever I see one come off during the play or a player pull it off like it was a baseball cap.  A properly designed, built and fitted helmet is not easy to take off.  Anything less should result in immediate ejection from the game and, for repeat offenders, suspensions.  The Bombers drought of grey cups is a far less of a risk to the organization than lawsuits.  

Careful.... Andrew Harris is one of the worst culprits for this... I'd like to see him tighten that thing up for sure...

These players that wear their helmets loose like that are going to have a hard time proving negligence on their team's or helmet manufacturer when they were negligent themselves as players. I'd like to see all players tighten their helmets & think of their safety & what that means to their quality of life & their families in the future. 

21 hours ago, johnzo said:

I remember Robert Marve making at least one real nifty scramble sandlot throws which he was here...

marvelous. 

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Marve with his bad knees was doomed. Great heart & talent but physically he never should have been even playing. 

He came up with 3 or 4 surgeries on those things, poor guy never stood a chance. Wouldnt loved to see him up here young and 100% healthy.