3 stars HH stamp the refs

wbbfan

18 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I think overly much is made of Thomas starting. Kongbo takes a pile of reps, as does everyone else on the DL. 

They roll both for an extra db. Not nearly enough of Jake out Kongbo in with Drake and Richardson.

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Roh.  Roh is our best pass rusher.  We miss him dearly.  We get Nevis and Richardson out together lots, they have lots of different sets with Hecht or D Jones in the secondary and all import DL.

Roh is not the best pass rusher on the team he's one of the least capable of getting pressure on his own. That's why he's on the bench here for extended periods of time.

1: Zach Collaros - he wasn't perfect - far from it - but he made the plays when he had to and took some hits and kept going...

2: Andrew Harris - like Zach, no eye-popping stats... but always reliable and that 15 yard run to seal the game was vintage Harris...

3: Willie Jefferson - like my first two guys, not significant statistically... but he's constantly reeking havoc and set a new record for DL pass knock downs in a season...

HH: Janarion Grant - taking that missed extra point back for the TD was a three point swing which was the difference in the final drive... and stole momentum back after the Calgary TD...

On 2019-10-25 at 10:05 PM, 17to85 said:

you'd think Streveler was much less experienced a player....

would your opinion be the same if Calgary had held onto some of those balls that Collaros put into their hands?

Let's flip it, if Streveler had thrown those balls would you be allllll over him for poor throws and dumb decisions he was lucky were dropped? 

Let's get real. He couldn't have made that play so why ask? Maybe he runs the play in for a TD. Makes some guys miss or bowls over a player or 2 but throw it for a major? No way.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Let's get real. He couldn't have made that play so why ask? Maybe he runs the play in for a TD. Makes some guys miss or bowls over a player or 2 but throw it for a major? No way.

I'm trying to figure out why exactly you two are so passionate on either side of the Streveler "debate".....is it/he really that worth it?

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

HHH to Mike Miller for the having the exact same Mike Miller stat line for the sixth or seventh time this year: one target, one catch, one first down. 

Dude showed some moves too, your FB is not supposed to be able to deke a corner.

Do STTs not show up on the stat line?

I just said he couldn't have made that play. Only a few qbs can do that. Nichols can't. Hell, Dieter Brock couldn't have made that throw. It takes a certain skill set to make a play like that. Russell Wilson made a similar play a couple of weeks ago. Flushed out of the pocket, rolled to his left under fierce pressure & threw the ball to the corner of the back of the end zone for a TD to Tyler Lockett. I thought he was throwing the ball away but somehow he saw Lockett running to the back of the end zone & he threw it in the only place he could have for a score.  The Collaros throw was very similar except he scrambled & rolled to his right. The last Bomber qb I believe who could have made a similar type throw was Tom Clements as I saw him do stuff like that all the time. Scramble away from pressure & find a guy open with what looked like an impossible throw. That's what made guys like Clements special. That's all I was trying to say.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

34 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just said he couldn't have made that play. Only a few qbs can do that. Nichols can't. Hell, Dieter Brock couldn't have made that throw. It takes a certain skill set to make a play like that. Russell Wilson made a similar play a couple of weeks ago. Flushed out of the pocket, rolled to his left under fierce pressure & threw the ball to the corner of the back of the end zone for a TD to Tyler Lockett. I thought he was throwing the ball away but somehow he saw Lockett running to the back of the end zone & he threw it in the only place he could have for a score.  The Collaros throw was very similar except he scrambled & rolled to his right. The last Bomber qb I believe who could have made a similar type throw was Tom Clements as I saw him do stuff like that all the time. Scramble away from pressure & find a guy open with what looked like an impossible throw. That's what made guys like Clements special. That's all I was trying to say.

darn you beat me to it - I was going to say that I thought for a minute that Collaros should be renamed Zach Clements from now on.  That throw to Darvin was vintage Clements all the way.  Now we just got to get Collaros connecting with Peterman and Wolipoplawski and we are good to go for another GC.  

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

but I am not talking about the touchdown throw, I'm talking about the ones that should have been picked but were dropped. If streveler throws those you probably don't hand wave it away like you do with Collaros. 

57 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

3 out of 4 times that throw ends up being intercepted, so  luck was on his side as much as skill.  In his post game interview Collaros mentioned  that he saw Woli. standing uncovered on the 1 yd. line, which you can briefly see in the replay, still he decided to go for the riskier throw to Darvin in the back of the endzone.  It worked out favourably this time.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Clements....yesss...I've been searching the memory banks to come up with the former Bomber comparison and someone did it for me....Tom Clements....What a scrappy quarterback he was....Made something out of nothing plenty of times...he just had the knack....I'll tell you something...if Collaros can duplicate what Clements did here, I wonder if it would be prudent for us to take a serious interest in him at the end of the season ...The guy can sure scramble and get himself out of trouble ...something we've been lacking in a quarterback for a very long time...It won't be just eating the ball and/or chucking it into the stands...This guy is a serious competitor much like Streveler but with more savvy

32 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Clements....yesss...I've been searching the memory banks to come up with the former Bomber comparison and someone did it for me....Tom Clements....What a scrappy quarterback he was....Made something out of nothing plenty of times...he just had the knack....I'll tell you something...if Collaros can duplicate what Clements did here, I wonder if it would be prudent for us to take a serious interest in him at the end of the season ...The guy can sure scramble and get himself out of trouble ...something we've been lacking in a quarterback for a very long time...It won't be just eating the ball and/or chucking it into the stands...This guy is a serious competitor much like Streveler but with more savvy

The trouble with Collaros is the same thing that plagued Clements - very injury prone.  If you want to bet the farm on Collaros you need a Hufnagel-esque back-up that you know is going to be playing half the season while your QB is rehabbing injuries.  

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

The trouble with Collaros is the same thing that plagued Clements - very injury prone.  If you want to bet the farm on Collaros you need a Hufnagel-esque back-up that you know is going to be playing half the season while your QB is rehabbing injuries.  

So much like most of the teams had to have this year...a reliable back-up.....Seems that's par for the course...using this year as an example

40 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So much like most of the teams had to have this year...a reliable back-up.....Seems that's par for the course...using this year as an example

we were spoiled in Winnipeg as Dieter was like a Timex - he took a licking but kept on ticking.  Rarely would he get injured.  Same with most QB's (other than Clements).  I don't recall any head-shots in those days either, now it seems like there are 4 or 5 a game.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

we were spoiled in Winnipeg as Dieter was like a Timex - he took a licking but kept on ticking.  Rarely would he get injured.  Same with most QB's (other than Clements).  I don't recall any head-shots in those days either, now it seems like there are 4 or 5 a game.

Along with the players being bigger and stronger, it's the equipment...back when gear was less, it hurt more to put a lick on someone. Now, you're wearing space age stuff where you don't feel anything, so you don't think twice about really smacking someone. Grapes has been making this same case in hockey, and I fully believe it...

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Along with the players being bigger and stronger, it's the equipment...back when gear was less, it hurt more to put a lick on someone. Now, you're wearing space age stuff where you don't feel anything, so you don't think twice about really smacking someone. Grapes has been making this same case in hockey, and I fully believe it...

Another reason is that muscles get stronger but tendons and cartilage are the same as they were back in the day.  These are the weak link and the cause of almost all injuries.  It is not just football.  Pitchers get Tommy John surgery thrown in with their first MLB contract.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

but I am not talking about the touchdown throw, I'm talking about the ones that should have been picked but were dropped. If streveler throws those you probably don't hand wave it away like you do with Collaros. 

Every qb has receivers that drop his passes. It's part of the game. Please re-read my response to Noeller above, please. That's the post you should respond to, I think. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I look at it the opposite way. Players wear less than they did in Brock & Clements time. Shoulder pads are way smaller. There's not a lot of protection on the shoulder & upper arms with shoulder pads because the players like to show off their tats & guns nowadays.  Then the helmets. They pop on & off like baseball caps. Most aren't properly inflated because if they were they wouldn't come of the way they do. I watched the Chiefs qb Matt Moore come off the field yesterday  & he took off his helmet. It was on tight & he was grimacing while taking it of slowly.  It didn't come off easily. That meant it was properly inflated & giving him the best protection possible. Helmets shouldn't come off like a cap. I think a lot of players love to show off how hard they work out & don't like tight helmets so they wear the equipment the way they want to. Leads to more injuries. That's my take. 

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I look at it the opposite way. Players wear less than they did in Brock & Clements time. Shoulder pads are way smaller. There's not a lot of protection on the shoulder & upper arms with shoulder pads because the players like to show off their tats & guns nowadays.  Then the helmets. They pop on & off like baseball caps. Most aren't properly inflated because if they were they wouldn't come of the way they do. I watched the Chiefs qb Matt Moore come off the field yesterday  & he took off his helmet. It was on tight & he was grimacing while taking it of slowly.  It didn't come off easily. That meant it was properly inflated & giving him the best protection possible. Helmets shouldn't come off like a cap. I think a lot of players love to show off how hard they work out & don't like tight helmets so they wear the equipment the way they want to. Leads to more injuries. That's my take. 

This is why I switched from briefs to boxers...

53 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Every qb has receivers that drop his passes. It's part of the game. Please re-read my response to Noeller above, please. That's the post you should respond to, I think. 

not receivers, the dbs. he put 2 additional passes right into the hands of a db...