GDT - Stamps @ Bombers

JCon

37 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I was watching the Green Bay game on Sunday and I thought this TD pass looked familiar. 

It seems Aaron Rogers must have seen the Bomber’s game, and Zach Collaros on Friday night, because these TD passes were very similar.
Zach must have given him inspiration!

I take it yer drivin the Zak bandwagon for the next two weeks lol...

On 2019-10-26 at 12:18 PM, NorthernSkunk said:

I think it was in the fourth quarter the TSN panel went over the stats of Harris having over twenty carries and the percentage they win when he does.... .and they showed less than twenty carries and the percentage of wins with it.....it was like they were showing and talking like the Bombers were gonna lose because he wasn't near the twenty carries yet.  It was nice to get a win with Harris having less than twenty last night....... he saved the extra runs to start the first playoff game.

I hate that this stat/correlation always gets brought up.... you would think "smart football people" would see they are making a reverse correlation... anyone with half a brain knows team runs more when they are winning.... the correlation is not teams run = wins... it's team is winning = they run more...  

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Without having to wade through 27 pages, just curious what BLM was pointing at on his arm?  Seemed pretty douchey, whatever he was doing.

"no one seems to know, right now" - Shania Twain

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

My thought, in the moment, was that he was pointing at his tattoo.....now, what the tattoo IS, exactly, I'm not sure....

Mitchell03-1600x1067.jpg

https://www.stampeders.com/2019/06/18/stamps-inkd-bo-levi-mitchell/

It looked like he was pointing to his left forearm. From the article above: 

“My left arm sleeve starts out as an elephant for my daughter, Ele, it’s kind of her spirit animal. I wanted to get something that represented her and that while I’m playing football I can look down and know who I’m playing for.”

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I was watching the Green Bay game on Sunday and I thought this TD pass looked familiar. 

It seems Aaron Rogers must have seen the Bomber’s game, and Zach Collaros on Friday night, because these TD passes were very similar.

Yeah- someone even pointed it out ion a reply:

Just watched this one again and the league should be ashamed of the job the officials did.

From the no call on the JGrant horse-collar to the BS call on the Maston hit to the non-UR on Lawler on his TD catch (no need to smoke him when he's down in the EZ with possession) to two non-URs on Zach this game was an officiating embarrassment.

I used to like Cuthbert but the way he meekly defers to whatever Suitor says has left an awful sour taste in my mouth. And how all four panelists and two announcers were cool with that hit on Collaros is so mind-boggling I can barely process it.

That crap really burns my biscuits.

Edited by Deiter Fan

11 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

XD similar and yet still not as good. I was gob smacked by the level of mobility and toughness ZC showed against a mean calgary team. 

18 hours ago, JCon said:

He may have been running for his life. 

no doubt he was. But matt nichols running for his life looks a lot like wade miller after he sat down too fast. And streveler couldnt make that throw on the run. 

18 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

if he was he survived this time......

I was amazed he survived the spear of death. 

Re-watching the highlights to the game.. and holy shitvare the stamps a dirty team....

The first hit Zach took from 93 when he hits him in the head and then proceeds to drive his head into the ground... no flag (dafuq was upbwith those refs?) 

That hit on Zach as he's sliding... total intent to injure.

And everyone that got a td still got a hit put on them. Adams... #11 hit him after he caughtvthe ball.

Demski walks in for a TD- gets a lick put on him 2 yards after he broke the plane... 

Stumps are assholes

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Re-watching the highlights to the game.. and holy shitvare the stamps a dirty team....

The first hit Zach took from 93 when he hits him in the head and then proceeds to drive his head into the ground... no flag (dafuq was upbwith those refs?) 

That hit on Zach as he's sliding... total intent to injure.

And everyone that got a td still got a hit put on them. Adams... #11 hit him after he caughtvthe ball.

Demski walks in for a TD- gets a lick put on him 2 yards after he broke the plane... 

Stumps are assholes

+ a horsecollar on grant

19 minutes ago, Sard said:

As much as I wanted a horsecollar call on that play in real-time, after seeing the replay the defender clearly grabbed the front of the shoulder pad, which is clean and legal.

That rule needs to be amended. It's the act of grabbing up high and pulling straight down that is a danger to players. Shouldn't matter exactly where you grab. 

1 hour ago, blue85gold said:

That rule needs to be amended. It's the act of grabbing up high and pulling straight down that is a danger to players. Shouldn't matter exactly where you grab. 

The horsecollar rule is intended to stop a particular mode of injury.  It is actually called more liberally now than the original intent.  Even with the wider interpretation, that tackle started at the front of the shoulder and it was not a penalty.

28 minutes ago, MC said:

The horsecollar rule is intended to stop a particular mode of injury.  It is actually called more liberally now than the original intent.  Even with the wider interpretation, that tackle started at the front of the shoulder and it was not a penalty.

Disagree. The way Grant was brought down was the exact situation the rule is meant to address. Shouldn't matter that the defender got his hand over the shoulder to the front if all of the force is pulling the player directly down. Immediately thought that Grant may have blown his knee out.

Not sure I've seen it called more liberally now. Seems to only be called if the player is brought down by the collar (even when pulled forward, which shouldn't be a horse collar at all). Granted I don't watch every game, so could definitely have missed some other calls.