GDT - Stamps @ Bombers

JCon

3 hours ago, J5V said:

I've never seen him look as stunned as he has this year. For some reason, he just seems lost out there a lot of the time. He doesn't even try to hide it or cover it up with the smirk. I really wonder if this is his last year with the Bombers. He could be just riding it out before taking off for Toronto.

My prediction, O’Shea as HC, Maas as OC and Younger as DC in TO next year

Wouldnt be surprised if Collaros is back there too.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

14 minutes ago, J5V said:

I can see that. If Walters walks down the hall and hires Lapo as head coach prepare for a very long year.

I actually dont mind Lapo as HC (only) as long as he has a legit OC calling the plays. Not sure if he relinguish that tho. Expect Pierce as OC if Walters make Lapo as HC.

Still, would like Condell as HC.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

5 hours ago, J5V said:

Rogers with the ****-move running up the stairs to show off to the fans. What a knob.

Guys he was obviously doing that because he was looking for his $5 payday from that end zone. Also, how is that not considered taunting or unsportsmanlike conduct?

Edited by Eternal optimist

38 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nichols isn't an option for a team that wants a legitimate chance to contend.  Even more so now with a rebuilt shoulder joint.

Curious what he looks like once it's rehabbed. If he's as healthy as he was at the start of this year, I'll take him back. I mean, who else? I trust Collaros even less to stay healthy. Have less than zero interest in Masoli. Maybe Arbuckle but he's totally unproven outside of Dickenson's offense... 

2 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

And so, having said this, you actually suggest that we could trade Nichols?  Even though, as several people pointed out, he can't be traded now in any case.  That's some deep level thinking right there!

Yeh got it lol...... remember it's the thought that counts...

In summary:

Records on this night...

Andrew Harris—No. 1 all-time in CFL rushing yards by a Canadian, and eclipses 9000 yards.

Mike Miller—now No. 2 all-time in CFL career special teams tackles, and most amongst all-time #Bombers (185)

Willie Jefferson—most pass knockdowns in a season by a D-lineman (16)

It was a good night indeed.

4 hours ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I actually dont mind Lapo as HC (only) as long as he has a legit OC calling the plays. Not sure if he relinguish that tho. Expect Pierce as OC if Walters make Lapo as HC.

Still, would like Condell as HC.

Oh man! Not me. I couldn't stomach Lapo as HC. Seriously. I think I'd vomit.  LOL!

Willing to give Condell a chance though. He'd have a good team to coach and I doubt he would do worse than O'Shea.

If 11 and 7 with a backup QB for the 2nd half of the season is bad,  i hate to be the new coach. Yeesh. 

Its crazy. Imo we match up well vs both Cal and Sask.. Cal is vulnerable on sp teams.. Sask is just not as good as their record. Lots of close wins. U know, i dont hate our chances to rep the West. 

I think Hammy is the class of the league tho. 

Edited by Goalie

13 hours ago, J5V said:

On the hook-slide by Zack early on, it sure looked like a targeted head shot to me. Zack is down and sliding on his butt when he gets drilled. Glad the defender missed and Zack's shoulder took most of the collision. Definitely had me whincing. Suitor saying the hit is legal because the head shot was launched before Zack slid. What a moron that man is.

That should have been an easy penalty

The defender was aimed at him...low. Had he been lining him up  and in the act of trying to hit him while still standing he would have gone over his head. He aimed at him while he was already sliding. That's why he hit him so flush. That the command centre or the refs would not recognize that fact is inexcusable.

Edited by Deiter Fan

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Anything is better than Lapo but nothing (other than Khari, which isn't happening) would be better than Osh.

If O Shea moved on I wonder if they'd reach out to Mike Riley...he's an offensive coordinator in the XFL (in their upcoming season, so they'd have to pry him away before the season starts). It would be worth the price of a phone call anyways...

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

If 11 and 7 with a backup QB for the 2nd half of the season is bad,  i hate to be the new coach. Yeesh. 

It's not just about what they did. It's also about what they were expected to do...what they could have done if they didn't totally crap the bed a few times.

I don't want to see respectable/competitive seasons/teams anymore. I want fn domination. I want a coach that coaches to always hit hard...always play to run up the score...NEVER back off with a lead. Dominate...intimidate.

Given the players on the roster this year and the maturity of the staff they were expected to be the team I just described. Instead they turned a home run into a double.

They've had their shot.

Edited by Deiter Fan

2 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Did anyone mention or notice that there was a "Black out" for the entire weekend slate of games? It was like Christmas came early.

That's what happens when figure skating starts up again.  Saw that there was some sort of competition on tv today so i assume he was at that 👍