GDT - Stamps @ Bombers

JCon

2 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That first challenge/timeout basically has to be used before the 3 minute warning in the 4th.  I believe that’s why O’Shea often takes a shot on challenges close to the 3 minute warning.

There were two blatant missed calls he could have challenged in the first half, the non-catch you mentioned and a headshot on Collaros by Westerman on the Bombers opening drive.

You lose your first time out if it isn't used before the 3 minute warning in the second half. You do not lose your challenge.

52 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Had to play the refs. but pulled it off anyway's.....I hope we never see that reffing crew again for the rest of the year..Just bull$hit missed calls...especially the one on Zach....If that were Bo getting nailed like that on( two occasions for sure) there would have been player ejections...Brutal

After all 18 games are played, Winnipeg will have had the fewest penalties called and accepted against them in the league. Right now they are the second lowest with 116 while Ottawa is the lowest with 110 and two games to play. Even in this game each team had 7 penalties and in only 1/3 of their games this season have the Bombers had more penalties called and accepted against them than their opposition.

Morning Big Blue!

Had to watch the game this morning as I couldn't view the game live yesterday.

Calgary with the 3rd and two gamble early, Bo thought he could throw for 2 yards, and the play gets called back for holding. Made me think, if a team gambles on 3rd down, and takes a holding penalty, they should lose the down too. Anyone agree? Too radical?

On the first Zack INT, he is throwing to Adams and Adams takes himself completely out of the play. Geez, I wish he'd at least try to go get the ball. So soft.

On the hook-slide by Zack early on, it sure looked like a targeted head shot to me. Zack is down and sliding on his butt when he gets drilled. Glad the defender missed and Zack's shoulder took most of the collision. Definitely had me whincing. Suitor saying the hit is legal because the head shot was launched before Zack slid. What a moron that man is.

The 3-man rush is just crazy. Bo with way too much time (as Suitor told us ad nauseum) and if his receivers had had a better day, he eviscerates us.

Cuthbert channeling Black today, "Calgary receiver with a great catch! No, he dropped it".

Zack looking very comfortable out there. Demski having a good day.

Oh man, Calgary getting away with all the late stuff, particularly a hit on Demski after he had brought the ball well into the end zone, yet Exume gets flagged for a borderline hit out of bounds. This reffing crews doesn't like the Bombers, do they?

Jefferson gets tackled from behind on the rush. no call. Calgary getting away with lots of holding.

Mayala with the scoop off the turf on the 2 yard line. Osh should have challenged that. Next play, TD Calgary. Damn! Calgary with two, long TD drives already. 14-10 Calgary.

Rogers with the ****-move running up the stairs to show off to the fans. What a knob.

Our D doing the same things as last game and getting the same results. Really? No adjustment Richie?

Mayala interviewed at the half, in a very even game to this point, delusional in saying the Stumps should be blowing us out. Is everyone on this team a tool?

Medlock having a great day kicking giving us a very short field. Lawler with the quick TD. Very nice. Courtney Stephens with the late head shot on Lawler in the end zone. No call. 17-14 Bombers.

Bomber D starting to send the heat and gets a sack by Bighill. Wow. That only took a game and a half for Hall to adjust his D. Impressive. There's hope for this game.

Calgary with the clothesline on Grant. Flag thrown. Calgary doesn't handle adversity very well. It seems if you push back on them they get rattled and start playing dirty football. Go Blue! Keep it coming!

Adams finally goes after a ball and saves an INT. 

My gawd, Claire Hanna is  b a d.

Begelton absolutely destroyed by Maston with a completely clean hit. Of course, the flag is thrown and Dickenson is lobbying for an ejection. What a whiny ***** Dickenson is. Terrible call by the officials.

Calgary with the ref-aided drive. O'Shea looking bewildered on the sideline. Not sure why.

Maybe that's why. Rogers with the easy TD. Pulls the ****-move again running up into the stands. The fans push him back onto the field. What an ass.

HA HA! Paredes with the miss and Grant with the 2-point return! Awesome! Take that Mr. Rogers! LOL! What a tool! 20-19 Calgary.

YIKES! Zack throws what should have been a pick to McMannis. Whew! Glad he dropped that.

Richie Hall keeps sending numbers and it's paying off. However, Calgary over 300 yards passing now and it's not even the 4th quarter yet.

Hall back to rushing 3. Bo with all day back there. Easy TD throw to Mayala. Why Richie, why? Now Calgary throws the easy 2-point conversion. 28-19 Calgary. Not looking good.

Zack and Demski with some chemistry.

Zack with the scramble and beauty throw to Adams deep in the end zone. TD Bombers! 28-26 Calgary.

Richie Hall sends the blitz twice and forces a Calgary punt. Bomber D mixing it up.

Adams lucky not to get flagged there. He broke off his route. O'Shea challenge? WTF? Nothing there, lost challenge. Don't understand that.

Lawler emerging as the #1 receiver on this team.

Hall sends the house again. Bo spots it and hits Begelton in the hands. Begelton drops it. Dickenson challenges and whines that Maston was early. Loses challenge.

Hansen having a good game.

2:00 left. Harris sets record. Congrats Andrew! 28-26 Calgary.

Bombers driving for a FG. Bailey with a clutch catch. 3rd down gamble. Yes. Bailey again. 3rd down gamble. Yes. 1st and 10. Hand-off to Harris ... he rips off 11! Harris with the bobblehead! Yes!! I love it! Harris runs it in front of the uprights for Medlock. 00:03 left. Medlock with the kick ... Yes. Bombers win.

Good way to end the regular season. Bombers 11th win. Go Blue!

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I can’t make up my mind which was the play of the game, so I’ll include them both.
The zig zag scamper by Collaros with the TD throw to Adams, who put himself in position to make a very good catch on the edge for a TD.
AND

Janarion Grant. 2 point reverse convert return. That’s twice Grant has put his signature on Bomber wins over Calgary.

I vote for Grant's 2 point reverse convert run. 

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

I find it amusing how some posters criticize O'Shea's challenges after watching the replay numerous times and in slow motion and at every angle provided.  But he and his spotters have to make the decision probably within 15 - 20 seconds and in many cases can only re watch the one angle the TSN cameras provided on the live play.  

But you guys know better because you can use hindsight to support your opinion. 

Your amusement is misguided. I'm not using hindsight. Like I said on that particular non call that flag should have come out of his back pocket automatically. Whether it's that hit on ZC or other plays, it's my opinion that MOS and his spotters have struggled throughout the season calling challenges. Facts show that. Look at this game, the play he actually challenged was weird. Without even knowing, my guess is we are near the bottom of successful challenges compared to the eight other teams. That tells me that maybe his plan on how/when to challenge plays needs tweaking.

1 hour ago, B-F-F-C said:

I find it amusing how some posters criticize O'Shea's challenges after watching the replay numerous times and in slow motion and at every angle provided.  But he and his spotters have to make the decision probably within 15 - 20 seconds and in many cases can only re watch the one angle the TSN cameras provided on the live play.  

But you guys know better because you can use hindsight to support your opinion. 

If you read through the gameday commentary, there was almost universal disbelief that O'Shea did not challenge the head-hit on Collaros. And that without hindsight.

I think it was in the fourth quarter the TSN panel went over the stats of Harris having over twenty carries and the percentage they win when he does.... .and they showed less than twenty carries and the percentage of wins with it.....it was like they were showing and talking like the Bombers were gonna lose because he wasn't near the twenty carries yet.  It was nice to get a win with Harris having less than twenty last night....... he saved the extra runs to start the first playoff game.

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

O'Shea looks stunned on the challenge...He does not re-act quickly enough and misses many opportunities..What the hell is he saving the challenge for ...The one at the end on Adams wasn't going to get called and many others were far more valid in the game...You just can't miss those ...especially in the playoffs

I've never seen him look as stunned as he has this year. For some reason, he just seems lost out there a lot of the time. He doesn't even try to hide it or cover it up with the smirk. I really wonder if this is his last year with the Bombers. He could be just riding it out before taking off for Toronto.

3 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

You have to wonder why Rogers would do such a classless act. Not once, but twice. I think differently of him now.

With his incessant arm waving, sneering, scowling, and hectoring the refs, it starts with the head coach, and infects the workers.

It's  definitely now the "Stampeder way".

They need to learn how to "win with class". But I can't see it happening.

Even though he's been a winning coach, I would not want to see  Dave Dinkensen as head coach of the Bombers.

Edited by Mark F

13 hours ago, captaincanuck12 said:

Is Collaros  worth the first round pick to keep him around though?

I know people are ready to move on from Nichols but I'm not.  A new OC might make our offence dangerous with Nichols at the helm.

Just my .02

It’s too early to draw any firm conclusions about whether we keep Zack C. around next year or not. 

That said IMO, if he wins anything… We keep him around to compete with the other guys.  And even if he doesn’t win anything but shows reasonably well… Heck, just based on what he showed yesterday I think we probably keep him around to compete with the other guys. If he absolutely craps the bed, well, that’s another question.

I would certainly say that - for me – it’s absolutely no slam dunk that Nichols or Streveler are a better option than Zach C. Neither of those guys have won anything meaningful and - in Matty’s case – he’s been around, what? About 8 or 9 years now in the league? 

Zach, on the other hand, has taken a team to the big game and also shown a MVP type ceiling, albeit in the past. But, again, neither of the other two guys have ever shown that yet so… 

2 hours ago, Stickem said:

Had to play the refs. but pulled it off anyway's.....I hope we never see that reffing crew again for the rest of the year..Just bull$hit missed calls...especially the one on Zach....If that were Bo getting nailed like that on( two occasions for sure) there would have been player ejections...Brutal

Which one?

Zackhit2.gif

or this one...

Zackhit3.gif

The health issue with Zach is a concern BUT last night he took some heavy shots...one for sure that looked like a game ender (no penalty) ..I thought he had an excellent game overall for a player who has been here for a couple of weeks....IF he can stay healthy in a playoff run and wins, how do you not have a serious look at him next year...The way he's playing it might just cost us that first rounder next year and I believe Walters will have a serious contract talk with him...Of course there's a lot that has to transpire between now and then but what I saw last night I liked very much...Go Zach

19 minutes ago, Mark F said:

They need to learn how to "win with class". But I can't see it happening.

I had wondered why Chris Jones had made that comment to Dickenson at game’s end one year something about winning with class. Here I thought Jones was out of line. It turns out he was the innocent one and Dickenson was, well, being Dickenson. I wouldn’t have guessed it back then, but now I know what Jones meant..

7 hours ago, mfranc said:

Super happy for Zach given all the crap he has gone through.  After all the cheap shots he has taken the refs manage to miss another when Zach is clearly sliding.  Time for the league to get serious about player safety for people not named Bo Levi.

Refs need to be accountable. Why the hell the Eye In The Sky can't notify the refs on the field to call a penalty is beyond me. You know they see it. Why even have it if it can't be used on missed penalties? 

2 hours ago, Esks1975 said:

After all 18 games are played, Winnipeg will have had the fewest penalties called and accepted against them in the league. Right now they are the second lowest with 116 while Ottawa is the lowest with 110 and two games to play. Even in this game each team had 7 penalties and in only 1/3 of their games this season have the Bombers had more penalties called and accepted against them than their opposition.

OK, that is some interesting research. However, please don’t confuse us with the facts. Especially when those facts don’t fit our victim narrative.

They call us “fans“ for a reason; it is short for “fanatics“. 🙂

20 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I had wondered why Chris Jones had made that comment to Dickenson at game’s end one year something about winning with class. Here I thought Jones was out of line. It turns out he was the innocent one and Dickenson was, well, being Dickenson. I wouldn’t have guessed it back then, but now I know what Jones meant..

Win-With-Some-Class.gif

Dickenson is a smug, smarmy, little POS. 

14 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Nobody knows what type of option Nichols is ... he needs to come back from an injury on his throwing shoulder.  An that kinda might make big Chris a better option...  or any other number of QB's who are available might be a better option.  

And so, having said this, you actually suggest that we could trade Nichols?  Even though, as several people pointed out, he can't be traded now in any case.  That's some deep level thinking right there!