GDT - Stamps @ Bombers

JCon

I can’t make up my mind which was the play of the game, so I’ll include them both.
The zig zag scamper by Collaros with the TD throw to Adams, who put himself in position to make a very good catch on the edge for a TD.
AND

Janarion Grant. 2 point reverse convert return. That’s twice Grant has put his signature on Bomber wins over Calgary.

7 hours ago, Esks1975 said:

Great to see that game by Collaros, happy for him. For people complaining about his 221 passing yards being so low, the Bombers had the same yards per pass as the Stampeders, 8.1. The Stampeders just threw the ball 14 more times than the Bombers.

O'Shea sure wasted his challenge. He could have challenged that non-catch near the end of the first half or hung onto it for something that might have been real in the last three minutes (when he could still have used it).

The pressure the Bombers don't get on the QB is scary.

Happy you guys got the win tonight.

That first challenge/timeout basically has to be used before the 3 minute warning in the 4th.  I believe that’s why O’Shea often takes a shot on challenges close to the 3 minute warning.

There were two blatant missed calls he could have challenged in the first half, the non-catch you mentioned and a headshot on Collaros by Westerman on the Bombers opening drive.

What an exciting game start to finish. Few things of note, thought the Dline had a bit more pressure this game. Bailey and Lawler just keep producing. Adams made a nice play to break up an under thrown ball. Not to crap on Collaros, but wtf was he seeing on the Int? 4 stamps around Adams....bad decision on an otherwise solid night.

Calgary showed who they were again last night, Bo taunting the bomber bench, telling fans in the front row they wasted their money. And cant forget about Dicki getting into the ears of the refs every opportunity he got. I am glad I wasn't in the endzone section during rogers celebration, cause I probably would have been kicked out. There would have been beers and spit heading in his direction.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

That first challenge/timeout basically has to be used before the 3 minute warning in the 4th.  I believe that’s why O’Shea often takes a shot on challenges close to the 3 minute warning.

There were two blatant missed calls he could have challenged in the first half, the non-catch you mentioned and a headshot on Collaros by Westerman on the Bombers opening drive.

Oshea mentioned in the post game that the refs told him the commander centre was looking at the head shot to Collaros. (And they still missed it!!!) So would have been a wasted challenge.

22 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Streveler will be in a NFL camp as a hybrid player.  He’s gonna get a lot of tryouts and I’m sure someone will sign him.  He for sure won’t be around for CFL training camp.

I wonder. Seems like the trend now is for NFL teams to prefer a veteran journeyman back up QB, and maybe have a draft pick or highly touted UDFA as developmental. Streveler I don’t think would be of much interest. Hybrid what? QB/RB? Doesn’t have much good CFL tape throwing 

13 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Oshea mentioned in the post game that the refs told him the commander centre was looking at the head shot to Collaros. (And they still missed it!!!) So would have been a wasted challenge.

Like i said during the game, MOS still needs to throw that flag automatically right after the no call to send a message he has QB's back. I could care less if the challenge didn't work. I like MOS but him and his handlers have consistently struggled in using the challenge flag throughout the season for the most part. They way over think when to use it. Look how they finally used it this game, weird. And I wish right after that shoulder to head hit on ZC there was more of a response from his teammates on the field i.e. getting in the grill of the ****** bag in red who did it. 

Just watched the game now on PVR..... blatant misses by the ref on Zach and on Grant on the return.   WTF are they smoking?

Zach is better then Nichols (escapability in the pocket and accuracy on the mid range throws) but the scrambled brains is definitely something i'd be afraid to commit to. 

Need a new d-coordinator that can execute a defense if pressure is not being obtained and a new o-coordinator who can push the ball.  

Also how come the o-line looks so much weaker the moment Neufeld came back?

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Just watched the game now on PVR..... blatant misses by the ref on Zach and on Grant on the return.   WTF are they smoking?

Zach is better then Nichols (escapability in the pocket and accuracy on the mid range throws) but the scrambled brains is definitely something i'd be afraid to commit to. 

Need a new d-coordinator that can execute a defense if pressure is not being obtained and a new o-coordinator who can push the ball.  

Also how come the o-line looks so much weaker the moment Neufeld came back?

Only need to commit to zack for three more games.

12 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Like i said during the game, MOS still needs to throw that flag automatically right after the no call to send a message he has QB's back. I could care less if the challenge didn't work. I like MOS but him and his handlers have consistently struggled in using the challenge flag throughout the season for the most part. They way over think when to use it. Look how they finally used it this game, weird. And I wish right after that shoulder to head hit on ZC there was more of a response from his teammates on the field i.e. getting in the grill of the ****** bag in red who did it. 

So he should just react without thinking about it, even though it could cost his team in a major way? Even though he has people who are paid to look at those plays and advise? even though he has an opportunity to question refs about the play? He should just react, to show he supports his QB to fans who for some reason question that? Why not just have him call a timeout for no reason at all, would do the same thing.

Had to play the refs. but pulled it off anyway's.....I hope we never see that reffing crew again for the rest of the year..Just bull$hit missed calls...especially the one on Zach....If that were Bo getting nailed like that on( two occasions for sure) there would have been player ejections...Brutal

15 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

So he should just react without thinking about it, even though it could cost his team in a major way? Even though he has people who are paid to look at those plays and advise? even though he has an opportunity to question refs about the play? He should just react, to show he supports his QB to fans who for some reason question that? Why not just have him call a timeout for no reason at all, would do the same thing.

The answer to all your questions is yup. With respect, throwing his challenge flag right after the non call would not have cost our team in a major way. In fact I would argue it wlould have helped regardless of outcome. No where have I said no thinking needed for challenge flags but MOS and his handlers have shown throughout the season, for the most part  they aren't very god at this challenge thing.

To use his challenge so early in the game is a huge gamble.  I've re watched the hit on Collaros a few times and the timing of his slide and the hit are so close together that it would have been a difficult one to overturn.  I think the trapped ball play that many here wanted challenged was also a good catch and if you watch the replays there's nothing there that would likely overturn the call on the field. 

O'shea isn't great with challenges but he has a plan on how he likes to use them and he sticks with it. 

20 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Had to play the refs. but pulled it off anyway's.....I hope we never see that reffing crew again for the rest of the year..Just bull$hit missed calls...especially the one on Zach....If that were Bo getting nailed like that on( two occasions for sure) there would have been player ejections...Brutal

I honestly can't think of a quality reffing crew in the CFL. It's been another year of mediocrity. 

4 hours ago, mfranc said:

Super happy for Zach given all the crap he has gone through.  After all the cheap shots he has taken the refs manage to miss another when Zach is clearly sliding.  Time for the league to get serious about player safety for people not named Bo Levi.

I have zero doubt that a flag would have been thrown if we hit Mitchell like that.

Haven't waded through the thread yet so forgive any rehashing pls.

Wasn't a big fan of Collaros coming on board, but I must admit, he made plays Nichols just couldn't the last year and a bit. He hit receivers in the hands and they actually turned up field. He extended plays and looked for receivers. He didn't throw 80% of his passes to Harris. 

The guy had VERY limited time with our team, hasn't played football in over a year, and put up numbers as good as Nichols against arguably the team to beat in the CFL who needed that win. Hats off to Collaros. I didn't expect much, and I certainly didn't expect to win yesterday.

Also, eff the Calgary for the over the top outright shows of disrespect. Need a special teamer to put Mitchell or Rogers in the gutter after that garbage.

14 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

To use his challenge so early in the game is a huge gamble.  I've re watched the hit on Collaros a few times and the timing of his slide and the hit are so close together that it would have been a difficult one to overturn.  I think the trapped ball play that many here wanted challenged was also a good catch and if you watch the replays there's nothing there that would likely overturn the call on the field. 

O'shea isn't great with challenges but he has a plan on how he likes to use them and he sticks with it. 

His plan stinks. 🙂

22 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

Watch the hit on Collaros on the first drive.  He shovels the ball when he’s scrambling, one Calgary DL is pulling him down from behind and Jabar Westerman comes from his left and ear holes him with his face mask.  That’s an easy RTP call.  It’s the 2nd down play before the punt.

5 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

His plan stinks. 🙂

I find it amusing how some posters criticize O'Shea's challenges after watching the replay numerous times and in slow motion and at every angle provided.  But he and his spotters have to make the decision probably within 15 - 20 seconds and in many cases can only re watch the one angle the TSN cameras provided on the live play.  

But you guys know better because you can use hindsight to support your opinion.