GDT - Stamps @ Bombers

JCon

I don't want to take anything away from ZC and this win. Well deserved and it was nice watching him do everything it took for the win. 

But 221 yards and 10 rushing is the same amount of yards Strev and Nichols have been putting up. He did it all in the air though. I still really think Lapo doesnt have what it takes to be a great OC. Hes good at the trick plays and misdirection but cant seem to call a complete game. Am I the only one who thinks this lol.

18 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Right now I'm okay with collaros ,  Streveler macguire fighting it out next season for the jobs .......we should trade Nichols now and get something's for him 

The trade deadline has passed. As Nichols is a free agent he won't get traded. Interesting off season coming up. 

9 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I don't want to take anything away from ZC and this win. Well deserved and it was nice watching him do everything it took for the win. 

But 221 yards and 10 rushing is the same amount of yards Strev and Nichols have been putting up. He did it all in the air though. I still really think Lapo doesnt have what it takes to be a great OC. Hes good at the trick plays and misdirection but cant seem to call a complete game. Am I the only one who thinks this lol.

No.  For some reason the media really isn't on it, but anyone who knows anything about football can see a lot of schematic issues with this offense, and really the stink is following Lapo around this whole decade no matter which QB, which players he has.

37 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Well if nothing else this is a good confidence boost going into the playoffs, but don't kid yourself, they still have issues on both offence and defence, passive coaching isn't going to get it done when it really matters. 

No reason to think they can't get it done when it matters. This game mattered a lot more to Calgary.  But they can only beat Winnipeg when Winnipeg doesn't have a decent passer in.

6 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No.  For some reason the media really isn't on it, but anyone who knows anything about football can see a lot of schematic issues with this offense, and really the stink is following Lapo around this whole decade no matter which QB, which players he has.

Thank you for bringing common sense to threads 99.9% of the time... 

39 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Right now I'm okay with collaros ,  Streveler macguire fighting it out next season for the jobs .......we should trade Nichols now and get something's for him 

Nichols is a free agent this off season and the trade deadline passed already, so even objectively that statement lacks intelligence. And after what we’ve seen on the field, if you think Streveler is still a better option than Nichols, then subjectively this statement is dumb too. 

14 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Nichols is a free agent this off season and the trade deadline passed already, so even objectively that statement lacks intelligence. And after what we’ve seen on the field, if you think Streveler is still a better option than Nichols, then subjectively this statement is dumb too. 

Nobody knows what type of option Nichols is ... he needs to come back from an injury on his throwing shoulder.  An that kinda might make big Chris a better option...  or any other number of QB's who are available might be a better option.  

5 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

If we can get a better QB in the off-season, get it done. 

There won't be one available.... But that's with the proviso that Nichols is as healthy as he was prior to this most recent injury. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Its just nice to beat Calgary, especially when they put the ass in class so often (see going up the stairs after a TD, BLM making gestures to our bench or every action Dave Dickenson has taken in his entire life).

Was that the thing with his forearm? After the 1st half td?

And btw,  I love that Bo and the Stumps must now cheer for the Eskies 

Edited by VoR

Great to see that game by Collaros, happy for him. For people complaining about his 221 passing yards being so low, the Bombers had the same yards per pass as the Stampeders, 8.1. The Stampeders just threw the ball 14 more times than the Bombers.

O'Shea sure wasted his challenge. He could have challenged that non-catch near the end of the first half or hung onto it for something that might have been real in the last three minutes (when he could still have used it).

The pressure the Bombers don't get on the QB is scary.

Happy you guys got the win tonight.