Bomber Injury Updates

Raydawg

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 9m

Cauchy Muamba's status (ankle) will be determined tomorrow. If he is out, Jovon Johnson moves to safety, Marty Markett to corner.

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 8m

Glenn January (ankle) saw doctors today. His status has yet to be determined. #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 7m

Chad Simpson (foot) is out this week. Was planned to practice, but complained of pain in his troublesome foot. #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 7m

Shannon Boatman is out this week. Burke says he's been playing through pain for weeks and his injury is "everything." #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 6m

Cory Watson (ham) is out this week, as is OL Marc Parenteau (neck) who took a shot from behind in Edmonton. #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 5m

DL Mathieu Boulay (ham) is out this week. Terrence Edwards and Carl Volny both took maintenance days today, but should play Friday. #Bombers

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 3m

If Cauchy Muamba ends up missing this week, #Bombers will have to start either two Cdn. LBs (H.Muamba/Labbe) or a Cdn. DL (Jake Thomas).

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 1h

Max Hall confirms he has been told he will start on Friday night. #Bombers

Wow, we will get destroyed with Labbe-Muamba as WIL-MLB...  I'd take 3 NI receivers... activate Carter - Kohlert-Foster-Carter-Etienne... that works

But honestly, is Dan West (and I wanted him cut last year...) any worse than Cauchy...?  Throw Teague Sherman in there for experience... who knows?

Starting Labbe should really get Burke canned.  Maybe that's what he wants now... a fresh start as Ottawa's DC.

Wow, we will get destroyed with Labbe-Muamba as WIL-MLB...  I'd take 3 NI receivers... activate Carter - Kohlert-Foster-Carter-Etienne... that works

But honestly, is Dan West (and I wanted him cut last year...) any worse than Cauchy...?  Throw Teague Sherman in there for experience... who knows?

Starting Labbe should really get Burke canned.  Maybe that's what he wants now... a fresh start as Ottawa's DC.

That's kind of an ignorant take.  Starting a guy who's arguably a top 5 NI LB in the league is a disaster, but starting a guy who was a hardly above average CIS DB at safety is a good idea?

West is injured

That's kind of an ignorant take.  Starting a guy who's arguably a top 5 NI LB in the league is a disaster, but starting a guy who was a hardly above average CIS DB at safety is a good idea?

I am assuming that you misread and are not referring to Labbe as a top five NI LB...

This isn't a witchunt for Labbe... its just that we already went down this road in 2011 and it cost us dearly.  He is just too slow, that's the way it goes...

I am assuming that you misread and are not referring to Labbe as a top five NI LB...

This isn't a witchunt for Labbe... its just that we already went down this road in 2011 and it cost us dearly.  He is just too slow, that's the way it goes...

He wasn't too slow tracking down a guy and forcing a fumble in Banjo Bowl. Labbe might not be as good as Muamba, but that's no slight. He's still a damn good player who can get the job done. To say that he "cost us dearly" is absurd.

He wasn't too slow tracking down a guy and forcing a fumble in Banjo Bowl. Labbe might not be as good as Muamba, but that's no slight. He's still a damn good player who can get the job done. To say that he "cost us dearly" is absurd.

He was tracking down the guy after he whiffed on his first tackle... watch the replay.   

And if you think playing Labbe at MLB/OLB didn't cost us dearly late in 2011... well, I guess that's a difference of opinion.

Name 5 NI LB's who are better defenders than Labbe.

Emry, Muamba, Pottinger and Yurichuk?  Maybe.  Brouillette? As a DB/SAM, ya.  Hurl?  Can't play D yet.  Plesius?  Probably too fat to play LB in the CFL.

Emry, Muamba, Pottinger and Yurichuk?  Maybe.  Brouillette? As a DB/SAM, ya.  Hurl?  Can't play D yet.  Plesius?  Probably too fat to play LB in the CFL.

With Butler playing LB now you can put him in the 5.

With Butler playing LB now you can put him in the 5.

That's a hybrid spot though, he doesn't really play in the box, essentially a nickelback or roving safety.  He'd be comparable to Brouillette.  DB's.

Ah, we're classifying Butler and Brouillette as DBs then...

Well, that definitely helps Labbe's chances...  on the other hand, Emry, Muamba, Pottinger, McCollough, Yurichuk are better...  Black, Carter, etc - they are more along Labbe's level, Tristan Black is probably better though

Well, that definitely helps Labbe's chances...  on the other hand, Emry, Muamba, Pottinger, McCollough, Yurichuk are better...  Black, Carter, etc - they are more along Labbe's level, Tristan Black is probably better though

It's splitting hairs really as 1/3 (or more) of the LBs in the league are converted DBs ..

Carter and Black don't play defence.  McCullough couldn't even hold a gap last week when the Argos ran the ball down their throats in the 4th quarter.  Don't apply for a scouting job with the Bombers this off-season please!