Week of Stamps @ Bombers

JCon

3 minutes ago, bearpants said:

here's the thing though... everyone realizes (including the Bomber coaching staff) that getting second place is extremely unlikely.... but it is still possible... so you want our coaching staff to just treat this game like it doesn't matter... even though second place is still a possibility.... that would be quite the loser mentality... tonight should be about 1) winning and 2) prepping for the playoffs... in that order...

This^^^   I'm astounded by the "smart football fans" that think that this is a nothing game and we need to start auditioning players for next year.  Give your bloody heads a shake people.  

2 hours ago, bearpants said:

here's the thing though... everyone realizes (including the Bomber coaching staff) that getting second place is extremely unlikely.... but it is still possible... so you want our coaching staff to just treat this game like it doesn't matter... even though second place is still a possibility.... that would be quite the loser mentality... tonight should be about 1) winning and 2) prepping for the playoffs... in that order...

It isnt happening. So yes, living in reality and not betting every thing on a lotto tickets chance is what I expect. And what is happening with the roster weve announced. 

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

It isnt happening. So yes, living in reality and not betting every thing on a lotto tickets chance is what I expect. And what is happening with the roster weve announced. 

So your hypothetical pre-game speech would be:

"alright guys, in reality, we have no chance at second place enough though it is still possible. That said, we're going to treat this like a pre-season game and try out a bunch of rookies. LET'S GO OUT THERE AND WIN! WHO'S WITH ME!"

You seem like an inspiring leader 😁 

Also, what exactly about the roster indicates they're giving up?... the subtractions from last week are Streveler (injured), Fenner (injured) and Rios (played like hot garbage last week and people constantly complain O'Shea doesn't bench players for poor play)... Looks to me like they're just trying to win a football game...

20 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yes, I admit the fact that I've been whiny the past few weeks. If you look around the league, other head coaches are doing as well if not better than O'Shea.  I'm not going to hold back my disdain for the failures of this regime any longer & the way this team is coached as it's been 6 years. We see it every game & the same stuff is rehashed over & over. The coaches had their chance. If they lose in the playoffs O'Shea should go back to Toronto. At the very least if he comes back LaPo & Hall need to go. If that's whiny then so be it. 

Image result for old man yells at cloud"

And as for the bolded part, that could be the motto for the comments in this entire fan site.

I think the speech should include...'go out there and have some fun' because realistically that's what it's going to be all about....We could pound the stumps into the ground BUT I cannot see them losing to the hapless leo's ....As for Sask....playing a crossover team that has already clinched....and even if they drop one of those home and home....welll chances are very slim Sask.  loses the one at home...So the realist in me says...go out and end the reg. season with a win... tune up for the semi and have fun doing it...

Edited by Stickem

16 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

He plans on playing the Stamps twice...in the playoffs...

If we can beat the Flames at Mosaic, why can't we beat the Stamps there too!? 

That's one way to get the Riders out of the playoffs. 

On 2019-10-23 at 5:58 PM, Brandon said:

Also our o line dominated and we have the best RB and the odds that not a single receiver can thrive either being a rookie or a vet (Matthews,Bowman,dressler) is kind of crazy considering Walters has brought in premium guys who have excelled at every other position.

These guys were premium players in the twilight of their careers when we signed them though. Management took a chance on them, but all three were nowhere near as good for the Blue and Gold as they once were. Bowman faded away, Dressler made the smart move to hang them up, and Matthews has been mediocre for Montreal since departing earlier this year.

Other teams have done the same - best example I can currently think of is Arceneaux for the 'Riders. Fantastic in his prime, but now a shell of his former self.

On 2019-10-25 at 11:30 AM, wbbfan said:

So, turns out that the dream is still alive.  Good thing that we invested in those lotto tickets and didn't just throw in the towel!

On 2019-10-25 at 12:45 PM, Stickem said:

As for Sask....playing a crossover team that has already clinched....and even if they drop one of those home and home....welll chances are very slim Sask.  loses the one at home...So the realist in me says...go out and end the reg. season with a win... tune up for the semi and have fun doing it...

Hosting a playoff game is contingent only on CAL losing to BC next week. The two scenarios where we host a playoff game are as such... both (1) and (2) require CAL loses to BC next week AND:

1) SSK does not lose both games to EDM (they get at least 1 point in the standings). We host CAL in WSF, or:
2) SSK loses both against EDM. This would be because when 2+ teams are tied, seeding is based on their win % against all other tied teams. In this scenario all three finish 11-7 and based off win % seeding would be:
Team - Record against other teams - Win %
CAL 3-2 (1-2 against WPG, 2-0 against SSK) = 0.600
WPG 3-3 (1-2 against SSK, 2-1 against CAL) = 0.500
SSK 2-3 (0-2 against CAL, 2-1 against WPG) = 0.400

1 hour ago, Eternal optimist said:

Hosting a playoff game is contingent only on CAL losing to BC next week. The two scenarios where we host a playoff game are as such... both (1) and (2) require CAL loses to BC next week AND:

With a backup quarterback in the Lions den facing a juggernaut in the Stamps, who will treat this game like the Grey Cup, I rest my case....However....here comes the however...Your calculation and slight probability of us hosting stand....however slight that probability is, leading to an eventuality of us hosting a semi final game this season................................However, there's that word again, I have to stipulate..this is the CFL  where strange things happen and eternal optimism reigns supreme    LOL

Edited by Stickem

9 minutes ago, Stickem said:

With a backup quarterback in the Lions den facing a juggernaut in the Stamps, who will treat this game like the Grey Cup, I rest my case....However....here comes the however...Your calculation and slight probability of us hosting stand....however slight that probability is, leading to an eventuality of us hosting a semi final game this season................................However, there's that word again, I have to stipulate..this is the CFL     LOL

I'm optimistic.

25 minutes ago, Stickem said:

With a backup quarterback in the Lions den facing a juggernaut in the Stamps, who will treat this game like the Grey Cup, I rest my case....However....here comes the however...Your calculation and slight probability of us hosting stand....however slight that probability is, leading to an eventuality of us hosting a semi final game this season................................However, there's that word again, I have to stipulate..this is the CFL  where strange things happen and eternal optimism reigns supreme    LOL

Well, they win less than half their Grey Cup appearances, so I like those odds!