Week of Stamps @ Bombers

JCon

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

And the offence improved because of it..

We have the best rushing attack..but it could be more dynamic with the use of the receivers we do have. Bailey and Lawler could help Adams, and even spring the Nationals here and there. 
We’ll never know about the players we do have until we start pushing them..

We won't know until LaPo leaves. I have so much disdain for his offense that I just insult it any chance I get. I'm just so sick of what I see every week no matter who plays qb. What's maddening is we have the talent to catch the ball. It's just not being used the way it should. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

37 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

“Not really liking” good god fans like you are insufferable. He’s a human being, he’s not entitled to sign your photo. Plus football Is a team game my friend, Milt was the greatest of all time, not his fault his team was nearly always dog **** around him. 

Q

18 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

When you open with "Hey Milt! You're my favorite Bomber player to never win a Grey Cup!" kind of puts a chill on friendly gestures.

Just so you two know,  I stayed in my seat 20 rows back and let my son get the autograph on his own.  He was maybe ten at the time.  He was the one who told me Milt didn't seem like he wanted to do it.  

I'm to lazy to read everything but come on why do we need to replace everyone on the team to make Lapos offense work.

Isn't it easier to replace the one coach?

Also our o line dominated and we have the best RB and the odds that not a single receiver can thrive either being a rookie or a vet (Matthews,Bowman,dressler) is kind of crazy considering Walters has brought in premium guys who have excelled at every other position.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

No, no, no. Your argument was that LaPo cannot elevate the talent he has. I gave you examples of players who had talent and have had their best performances under a LaPo offence. A.K.A had their performance elevated under his scheme. If a player did not elevate his talent under LaPo, maybe it had something to do with a lack of talent to begin with that could not be elevated by anyone. But show me a player who got better after getting out of LaPo's system and was elevated by different coaching? Then I will consider the merit of your argument.

You know, I really don't care if a player leaves & then does well somewhere else. I just care about the players we have & the inconsistent play on offense every game. The subpar passing performances we are subject to every game. I care about receivers being virtually ignored or under used. That could be better utilized but aren't. I care about our qb who can't throw the ball past 7 or 8 yards effectively & shows no sign of improvement. Yet is trotted out game after game in mostly losing causes. We don't even consider playing McGuire which is insane. That's what I & other fans here care about. Not what former Bombers do elsewhere.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

You know, I really don't care if a player leaves & then does well somewhere else. I just care about the players we have & the inconsistent play on offense every game. The subpar passing performances we are subject to every game. I care about receivers being virtually ignored or under used. That could be better utilized but aren't. I care about our qb who can't throw the ball past 7 or 8 yards effectively & shows no sign of improvement. Yet is trotted out game after game in mostly losing causes. We don't even consider playing McGuire which is insane. That's what I & other fans here care about. Not what former Bombers do elsewhere.

He has thrown 7 + yards effectively.  Please edit your rant.

9 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

That's it...that's yer response lol........ just admit you were exaggerating,  or better yet don't do it to begin with.....7 yards sheeeesh

No exaggeration. No retraction. Your Boy that you pumped the tires here for a year & a half while mocking Nichols constantly to the point of making just about everybody want to puke ain't ready for prime time yet. He may never be. He's looks like he's just another Justin Goltz. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

My point is how do you know that they are being underused or ignored, or that they could be better utilized. Maybe they can’t be because they just aren’t good enough. Maybe they aren’t being thrown to because, rather than being ignored, they just aren’t getting open. Maybe McGuire isn’t being played because he doesn’t have the talent to lead the team yet, and like EVERY OTHER 3rd string QB in this league, will be kept holding a clipboard in his first year. Maybe it has nothing to do with the O.C. and everything to do with the player’s ability in the first place. My point is the only objective way to say it is the O.C. and not the player’s ability is to see who suffocated here and then went on to thrive elsewhere. Otherwise our assessments of a clearly superior player being handcuffed by a clearly inept O.C. Is pure opinion with no objective basis in fact to validate it beyond our own inherent pre-formed biases. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

1 minute ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

My point is how do you know that they are being underused or ignored, or that they could be better utilized. Maybe they can’t be because they just aren’t good enough. Maybe they aren’t being thrown to because, rather than being ignored, they just aren’t getting open. Maybe McGuire isn’t being played because he doesn’t have the talent to lead the team yet, and like EVERY OTHER 3rd string QB in this league, will be kept holding a clipboard in his first year. Maybe it has nothing to do with the O.C. and everything to do with the player’s ability in the first place. My point is the only objective way to say it is the O.C. And not the player’s ability is to see who suffocated here and then went on to thrive elsewhere. Otherwise our assessments of a clearly superior player being handcuffed by a clearly inept O.C. Is pure opinion with no objective basis in fact to validate it beyond our own inherent pre-formed biases. 

We've seen this offense for 4 years so I don't know how you can say that. A battle plans start with the Generals not the Lieutenants. Our underperforming O is on LaPo. 

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We've seen this offense for 4 years so I don't know how you can say that. A battle plans start with the Generals not the Lieutenants. Our underperforming O is on LaPo. 

That offence has been the #1 scoring unit in each of the past 2 years, and was #1 again this year before Nichols went down, and is still #2 overall. It’s also the #1 rushing offence for 3 years running. Not sure how that is underperforming. For all of Trevor Harris’ big passing yardage numbers, none of that translated into lots of points or a majority of games won. If our passing game is deficient, it’s because we have designed a proficient running style offence that is the opposite of underperforming, has gotten us a bunch more wins than losses, and is likely due to the skill we have at running back and the lack of same at receiver. That’s on the personnel, not the coordinator. 

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No exaggeration. No retraction. Your Boy that you pumped the tires here for a year & a half while mocking Nichols constantly to the point of making just about everybody want to puke ain't ready for prime time yet. He may never be. He's looks like he's just another Justin Goltz. 

My opinion back to Dom Davis was could we at least see what the back up QB's have....when the time warranted it of course.... because in my opinion Nichols didn't have what it takes to win it all......  Nichols ain't doing it this year,  Big Chris  might get a shot to do it and has been exciting to watch play getting to this point.... Collaros might mess it up for him,  but team first !  No exaggerations needed.  

1 minute ago, DR. CFL said:

There are those that would say that the mark of a truly great player is Championships.

And there are those that would say it's another stat for great players.  There are great players,  great players who have won a cup,  and there are great players with multiple cup wins.  

18 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

My opinion back to Dom Davis was could we at least see what the back up QB's have....when the time warranted it of course.... because in my opinion Nichols didn't have what it takes to win it all......  Nichols ain't doing it this year,  Big Chris  might get a shot to do it and has been exciting to watch play getting to this point.... Collaros might mess it up for him,  but team first !  No exaggerations needed.  

I have no problem with you wanting to see the backup qb play. I wanted LaPo & MOS to play McGuire just to see what he could do. You never know, right? But that never happens with this coaching staff. They stick with a qb until they absolutely break him. Streveler was struggling so naturally their solution was to keep playing him even when he became ineffective throwing the ball. Now he's injured. He should have been replaced with McGuire. Sometimes standing on the sidelines helps sort things out for a qb. But again, our dumbass HC doesn't know that. He killed Willy's career, neutered Nichols & injured Streveler. 

59 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

That offence has been the #1 scoring unit in each of the past 2 years, and was #1 again this year before Nichols went down, and is still #2 overall. It’s also the #1 rushing offence for 3 years running. Not sure how that is underperforming. For all of Trevor Harris’ big passing yardage numbers, none of that translated into lots of points or a majority of games won. If our passing game is deficient, it’s because we have designed a proficient running style offence that is the opposite of underperforming, has gotten us a bunch more wins than losses, and is likely due to the skill we have at running back and the lack of same at receiver. That’s on the personnel, not the coordinator. 

Nah, don't agree. This is a run first offense.  To the detriment of our passing game. Nichols could make it work but Streveler can't. Now maybe Collaros can if he stays healthy. 

1 hour ago, DR. CFL said:

There are those that would say that the mark of a truly great player is Championships.

Dan Marino is 1 of the best QBs of all time.. 

Milt is the best Receiver to ever play the game in the CFL. 

Championships are a team accomplishment tho not an individual one. This isnt golf.. Its Football. 

Edited by Goalie

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

But that never happens with this coaching staff. They stick with a qb until they absolutely break him. 

Y'know what? Lapo used to say and do EXACTLY the same things MOS says and does now regarding QB play. When Pierce was getting the tar beat out of him Lapo used to keep throwing him out there for more punishment. When asked about it Paul would say, "he told me he was good to go so I sent him out there."

I'm wondering now if Lapolice is responsible for a lot of what goes on with the Bombers. I'm wondering if O'Shea is so enamored with Lapo that he is basically letting him run the team. You may be more right about Lapo than even you realize.  :-)

13 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Helped bring a team to two Grey Cups and was the leading receiver in both. Don't **** on Milt.

Not crapping on Milt at all - just pointing out that Grey Cups and playoff wins isn't the only measure that counts for a player.