Week of Stamps @ Bombers

JCon

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

We're second in points per game. 

With the offense & special teams helping out. And with Matt Nichols at the helm. You know that useless, good for nothing qb that led us to a 7-2 start but in reality was playing with smoke & mirrors who should have been benched because he was no good? That qb.  The guy that just can't win.  ;)

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Bailey and Lawler have been getting the most touches of anyone over the past 3 games.

And the offence improved because of it..

We have the best rushing attack..but it could be more dynamic with the use of the receivers we do have. Bailey and Lawler could help Adams, and even spring the Nationals here and there. 
We’ll never know about the players we do have until we start pushing them..

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

With the bold you are not doing a whole lot to convince me that Lapo doesn't just ride his star players as far as they'll take him... 

No, no, no. Your argument was that LaPo cannot elevate the talent he has. I gave you examples of players who had talent and have had their best performances under a LaPo offence. A.K.A had their performance elevated under his scheme. If a player did not elevate his talent under LaPo, maybe it had something to do with a lack of talent to begin with that could not be elevated by anyone. But show me a player who got better after getting out of LaPo's system and was elevated by different coaching? Then I will consider the merit of your argument.

33 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

And the offence improved because of it..

We have the best rushing attack..but it could be more dynamic with the use of the receivers we do have. Bailey and Lawler could help Adams, and even spring the Nationals here and there. 
We’ll never know about the players we do have until we start pushing them..

So you're saying once O'Shea decided to input these players into our roster on offence, LaPo found a way to utilize them in his scheme, and our offence improved because of it?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That hasn't helped us much. If having a 1,300 yard running back means a bunch of 400 & 500 yard receivers then no thanks. The offense is too unbalanced.  We have no vertical passing attack. Defenses don't have to worry about us attacking the field. Don't know why we can't have both but we don't

Personnel?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

With the offense & special teams helping out. And with Matt Nichols at the helm. You know that useless, good for nothing qb that led us to a 7-2 start but in reality was playing with smoke & mirrors who should have been benched because he was no good? That qb.  The guy that just can't win.  ;)

He did okay in regular season games.....but not so much in playoff games when the intensity is raised and the pressures are on to perform and execute.  He just couldn't win the play off games enough.

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

He did okay in regular season games.....but not so much in playoff games when the intensity is raised and the pressures are on to perform and execute.  He just couldn't win the play off games enough.

Nichols? The Matt Nichols who had some of his career best numbers in his first two playoffs with Winnipeg? 

25 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I’m 2016, he went 26/40, 390 yards and 2 tds, 0 int. Lose the game 32-31. In 2017 he goes 35/48 for 371 yards with 3 tds and 0 int. Lose the game 39-32. To me that seems like pretty good numbers and indicate he was not at all the reason they lost. 

39 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I agree with basically everything you said here... but I'm pretty sure MBT is in his 30s...

True that. He spent 6 years bumming around NFL practice rosters and not playing at all, so I did not realize he is 31. But not a lot of mileage on the body, and he has put up some decent numbers on a very bad team. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer? Khari Jones was 29 when he joined the Bombers, made MOP at 31.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

37 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I remember him never winning a cup either.  And I remember him not really liking signing a picture for my son at a rifles game many years ago.  

“Not really liking” good god fans like you are insufferable. He’s a human being, he’s not entitled to sign your photo. Plus football Is a team game my friend, Milt was the greatest of all time, not his fault his team was nearly always dog **** around him. 

19 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Try being 64 & realizing I was 35 the last time this team won & some people around here are preaching patience.  I've been waiting half a lifetime for another championship. The way this team is going we'll have colonies on Mars before we win again. 

I was 1 when they won their last Grey Cup, don't even remember it... too much formula, had a temper tantrum I don't even remember the 4th quarter! I think I crapped my pants a few times in excitement too.

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So you're saying once O'Shea decided to input these players into our roster on offence, LaPo found a way to utilize them in his scheme, and our offence improved because of it?

If that’s what you want to hear. Trouble is he doesn’t have enough of these moments...

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I remember him never winning a cup either.  And I remember him not really liking signing a picture for my son at a rifles game many years ago.  

Shame on Milt for not being perfect...

On a related note I remember when he signed and gave my 3 year old his playing gloves (I later stole those gloves from my 3 year old).