Bench Streveler Again

TrueBlue4ever

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Admit that Streveler and not LaPo was the problem? This board would have a meltdown.

Honestly, this board is so split... It's Nichols' fault, Stevler's fault... MOS's fault... Lapo's fault.... It's everyone fault and it's no one's... 

Ultimately, it's Roberts fault for drinking all night and Glenn's for diving for that ball. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Admit that Streveler and not LaPo was the problem? This board would have a meltdown.

except, we should all know by now that is exactly how Lapo works. Couple decent weeks, followed by a couple crap weeks...with exceptional and down right horrible weeks thrown in just to **** with you!

Literally know matter what happens for the rest of the year. I'm hoping Lapo moves on. I'm getting tired of "Ball control" offences.

10 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

What if Collaros comes in and throws for 4 TD's and the offence looks like a high powered well oiled machine?  What do you do for the WSF?

Me - Collaros 100%. QB job is wide open as far as I’m concerned as fake head coach. Not hating on Streveler. But if he gets beat out by someone else that’s pro sports. And Collaros was (key word) a legit top tier QB in the CFL. Wouldn’t bet my mortgage on it happening again, but wouldn’t bet on Streveler ever hitting that level

O’Shea - he’d go back to Streveler. “Gives us the best chance to win”

Edited by M.Silverback

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Honestly, this board is so split... It's Nichols' fault, Stevler's fault... MOS's fault... Lapo's fault.... It's everyone fault and it's no one's... 

Ultimately, it's Roberts fault for drinking all night and Glenn's for diving for that ball. 

Actually it's also Roberts' fault for fumbling in the first place and causing Glenn to dive for the loose ball.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Ha! So true. My current fault ranking (which changes daily)

1. O’Shea

2. Lapo

3. Joe Mack

4. Buzz 

5. Hall

6. O’Shea again but from 2017 and 2018

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yeah, despite having the OC place a choke hold on game planning, we’ll still get a glimpse (I hope) of what this guy has..and I believe he has something. Now’s the time to find out. It may be the only good result  of having finished so poorly.

Watch, O'Shea starts Streveler even if he's injured. That is how this guy works. If he can walk then he'll play. That is classic O'Shea. You'll hear quotes from him in the media from, "He says he's ready to go so he plays"  to "Even injured, he gives us the best chance to win". 

17 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Regardless of who plays QB, can Augustine get some goddamn carries?  We may not be unanimous on who we want our QB to be in the playoffs, but I'm pretty sure we all want a healthy Harris.

Amen! I love Harris. But if our offense is going to be run based, why not also use another RB who produced when he was in? The RB platoon approach like many NFL teams use. Keeps Harris fresh. Keeps the defense thinking. Line up both in the back field a few plays. Offset I; split backs. Something! 

34 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Watch, O'Shea starts Streveler even if he's injured. That is how this guy works. If he can walk then he'll play. That is classic O'Shea. You'll hear quotes from him in the media from, "He says he's ready to go so he plays"  to "Even injured, he gives us the best chance to win". 

Yes, I like a lot of things O Shea does (he respects his players etc), but on other issues (injuries) he is downright strange!! A guy can be healthy many, many weeks and yet sit on the injury list and yet a player like Streveler or Harris can be lying on the turf with one arm torn off and it's "he's good to go back in!" I don't get it.

How about this....seeing the only thing that this coming came can give us is a home game and considering we have a last week bye why not start McGuire with Collaras as a back up. Give Streveler a two week break to heal and practice his intermediate and long throws. Meanwhile our 3rd string QB gets meaningful reps and evaluation under real fire....Collaras is available and has an opportunity to learn more of the playbook and who knows we might even win. In any event it is a win win all around. AND we will see if the ply book changes at all....other than Harris getting the ball around 25 times. Speaking of Harris what about Augustine....he did very well in my mind when Harris was suspended. That would give Harris a rest and confirm the type of player we have in Augustine.  Again a win win but let’s see

26 minutes ago, Old Bomber Fan said:

How about this....seeing the only thing that this coming came can give us is a home game and considering we have a last week bye why not start McGuire with Collaras as a back up. Give Streveler a two week break to heal and practice his intermediate and long throws. Meanwhile our 3rd string QB gets meaningful reps and evaluation under real fire....Collaras is available and has an opportunity to learn more of the playbook and who knows we might even win. In any event it is a win win all around. AND we will see if the ply book changes at all....other than Harris getting the ball around 25 times. Speaking of Harris what about Augustine....he did very well in my mind when Harris was suspended. That would give Harris a rest and confirm the type of player we have in Augustine.  Again a win win but let’s see

I think Harris would have something written in his contract regarding a bonus if he wins the rushing championship.I think he'd be upset if he didn't play & lost the rushing lead. 

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think Harris would have something written in his contract regarding a bonus if he wins the rushing championship.I think he'd be upset if he didn't play & lost the rushing lead. 

I can't see him being caught. He has about a 300 yard lead right now. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if he played at least part of the rematch.

22 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Actually it's also Roberts' fault for fumbling in the first place and causing Glenn to dive for the loose ball.

Fun fact... I met and spoke to Matt Sheridan not long after that game (as in, less than a year)... and I don't remember the specific details but he mentioned it was actually Dom Picard that f***ed up the snap that caused the fumble... so I guess considering the source, take that for what's it worth...

So Collaros took first team reps at practice today ( Tuesday ) and Streveler wasn't on the field. Guess the  question has been answered. If we go with the experienced guy we absolutely have to get him into game action. I hope the kid retires after the season, there's too much long-term risk for him to keep playing. 

I also want to see McGuire get some reps.

And finally, Trevor Harris is going to play this weekend, could Edmonton throw a wrinkle into this weekend's games?