Bench Streveler Again

TrueBlue4ever

2 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

3/4 of the way around.....just needs more playoff success

I would say he’s had success in the playoffs. I would also argue that 3/4 of his starts with the bombers in the playoffs have been good to really good starts. The one against Calgary he played bad no doubt. Maybe there is more to winning a playoff game than just one position??? 

8 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

I would say he’s had success in the playoffs. I would also argue that 3/4 of his starts with the bombers in the playoffs have been good to really good starts. The one against Calgary he played bad no doubt. Maybe there is more to winning a playoff game than just one position??? 

I don't even know that that's necessarily true....the numbers weren't good, but I don't know that it was all on him. 

32 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Sure there is more than one position to winning a playoff game..... all I was saying is that it's not a full turn around for the Bombers,  not until they create meaningful wins in the playoffs ( more than one in a season ).... and even then a full turn around will never be true until they are holding the cup

On 2019-10-24 at 1:23 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Legal tackle but ultimately fatal, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CFL  move further in the direction of protecting their QB's after this disastrous season.  NFL already has done this with their "no landing on the quarterback" rule change last season, I expect the CFL to do the same for the betterment of the game.   I refuse to tune in to watch Logan Kilgore battle Danny O'Brien unless they're in a boxing ring.

It is already there:

Article 5 — Roughing The Passer

Because the act of passing puts the passer in a particularly vulnerable position to injury, special rules against roughing the passer apply. Once the ball is released, defensive players must avoid all unnecessary contact with the passer. A player shall be penalized for any act of Unnecessary Roughness to the passer, including but not limited to:

1. Contacting the passer in an unnecessary manner, including stuffing him to the ground, violently throwing him to the ground, and landing on him with most of the defender's weight, ...

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I don't even know that that's necessarily true....the numbers weren't good, but I don't know that it was all on him. 

Numbers weren’t good, but neither were BLM either I guess. I don’t remember too well how that game played out, other than a missed touchdown from strev to Harris and Eric Rodgers putting on a show. 

11 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Sure there is more than one position to winning a playoff game..... all I was saying is that it's not a full turn around for the Bombers,  not until they create meaningful wins in the playoffs ( more than one in a season ).... and even then a full turn around will never be true until they are holding the cup

Sure it’s not a full turn around, but I’d take this over what we had from 2012-2015. But my comments were in regard to you saying Nichols hasn’t had success in playoffs, unless you measure total success only by wins, then in that case you are correct.

1 hour ago, Jacquie said:

I can't see any QB getting that much in the XFL. There's an article about a player named Corey Vereen who has dropped out of the XFL because he discovered the base salary is $29,000. The XFL had said the average salary would be $55,000. Here is a statement from the player's agent:

The XFL said some players, like QBs, would make more but it's hard to believe it would 15 times more.

The quote came from The Sporting News: https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/xfl-player-drops-out-of-league-after-finding-out-base-salary-is-only-27000/1env8oobiog1d1twdz2icm574p

They have targeted several QB's and signed them to a guaranteed $500,000 US, you can see who was in the draft last week. Many of them are borderline NFLers who otherwise would be waiting for a call.  Will be interesting to see if they go after guys like Masoli, who is pretty well-known since he started in the PAC12 and SEC.

On 2019-10-24 at 2:23 PM, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Legal tackle but ultimately fatal, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CFL  move further in the direction of protecting their QB's after this disastrous season.  NFL already has done this with their "no landing on the quarterback" rule change last season, I expect the CFL to do the same for the betterment of the game.   I refuse to tune in to watch Logan Kilgore battle Danny O'Brien unless they're in a boxing ring.

Uhh... you need to look up the definition of fatal. Though hurt, last news I heard Nichols still had a pulse.

17 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

They have targeted several QB's and signed them to a guaranteed $500,000 US, you can see who was in the draft last week. Many of them are borderline NFLers who otherwise would be waiting for a call.  Will be interesting to see if they go after guys like Masoli, who is pretty well-known since he started in the PAC12 and SEC.

Man, I can't imagine the rift in the locker room, when you've got QBs making half a million, and some guys sitting next to him making under ~$40,000 CAD. I understand you want to play the sport you love, but that is a pittance considering the toll professional football takes on the human body.