2-pt conversions

Doublezero

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

To me questioning the converts is missing the forest for the trees. 

The question should be, why can't we score more touchdowns period? Why can't we defend better and keep teams out of the endzone period. 

2 tds on saturday came because of the D turning the ball over let us not forget. 

We scored enough team points to win the game, but yeah both are the critical question. Why is our bend but dont break defense suddenly breaking, and why is our offense un able to cash in more point. 

Calgary nullified our pressure package. And if you send rushers but dont get pressure you are gonna be beat. Our defense is already designed to give up medium chunks of yards. On top of that though tackling has been very poor. Terrible angles, arm attempts and selling out for hits. 

On offense harris was again running very effectively. But carried 11 times. He got 6 screen passes. but calgary was very well prepared for those. Harris didnt touch the ball nearly enough or get put in a position to succeed, we had some drops, one particularly bad pass picked, But we had 3 guys with 4+ catches and 4 with 3+. 19 passes for 96 yards and a long of 15 yards. Thats a 5 yards per completion average. 

Blm had 5 guys with 3+ catches but for a combined 222 yards. With longs of 55, 42, 21 and 24.

The stamps targeted passes down field and we did not. And we did not make up for those yards on the ground. 

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

If he knew it was coming. Why didn't anyone shout it out? His eyes are on Begelton. 

Youre right that communication should be happening to let the dbs know the ball is out of the qbs hands. But you can also read the wr. and in the redzone when a route flattens out you gotta look. he wasnt even in a bad position to look. he just didnt do it. 

I remember one decent sized gain for the stamps, they had guys run deep to draw the dbs off and left bighill in one on one with a receiver, everyone else I assume was blitzing. That's the stupid **** that kills us on D. expecting the middle linebacker to cover a receiver one on one. Get out of here with that nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I remember one decent sized gain for the stamps, they had guys run deep to draw the dbs off and left bighill in one on one with a receiver, everyone else I assume was blitzing. That's the stupid **** that kills us on D. expecting the middle linebacker to cover a receiver one on one. Get out of here with that nonsense. 

They put him in a mid range match zone at times. Youre right, he should be playing a shallow mid field role not man coverage. He was also in a switch on that play which is tough to recover from with that pass going right out. They did the same with kyrie a few times. He has incredible speed, but doesnt have the coverage skill to do that. 

Why you do that when you already arent getting pressure with your front or coverage is beyond me. The 30 front didnt get pressure either. But atleast then you arent wasting bodies.