GDT: Bombers at Stamps

Noeller

On 2019-10-21 at 1:24 PM, BomberBall said:

Was BLM's throw great or was it a poor decision that happened to work out?  If Rios gets his head around and intercepts it, no one is calling it a great throw.  I think, when he released it, he may have had an oh sh!t moment.

This!

It was a bad decision that was well thrown. Should have never been completed but should have been intercepted. I don't want to blame Rios, cause he has good position and it can be hard to look back at the ball sometimes. But yeah that one hurt. Same with Fenner too. Should have had another int there.

Edited by Bigblue204

1 hour ago, BomberBall said:

Was BLM's throw great or was it a poor decision that happened to work out?  If Rios gets his head around and intercepts it, no one is calling it a great throw.  I think, when he released it, he may have had an oh sh!t moment.

Yesiree...great throw that was needle threaded ...and reminded me of a velcro catch one of our guys made a few yrs. back....the receiver was just as stunned as the qb. when that was completed for a td....Anyone got a clip of that???

Edited by Stickem

5 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Yesiree...great throw that was needle threaded ...and reminded me of a velcro catch one of our guys made a few yrs. back....the receiver was just as stunned as the qb. when that was completed for a td....Anyone got a clip of that???

Here it is but not at all comparable to the Begelton's catch.

HardtofindJollyJackrabbit-size_restricte

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

Here it is but not at all comparable to the Begelton's catch.

HardtofindJollyJackrabbit-size_restricte

Oh I think Beggleton was just as surprised as our guy in that clip when the ball appeared in his hands...Coverage was that tight and I can't see how that was completed...Strange things happen sometimes in football.........................oh and thanx for the clip

Edited by Stickem

2 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Oh I think Beggleton was just as surprised as our guy in that clip when the ball appeared in his hands...Coverage was that tight and I can't see how that was completed...Strange things happen sometimes in football

No, Begelton was looking. Smith didn't even know the ball was coming, it just hit him. 

Just now, JCon said:

No, Begelton was looking. Smith didn't even know the ball was coming, it just hit him. 

I disagree....unless Beggleton can see through people, he never knew where that ball actually was till it was in his hands...the way I sees it...In any event both tds. were of the spectacular unbelievable variety ...but they happen

23 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I disagree....unless Beggleton can see through people, he never knew where that ball actually was till it was in his hands...the way I sees it...In any event both tds. were of the spectacular unbelievable variety ...but they happen

Not to belabour the point too much but if you watch the replays, Begelton is CLEARLY looking at BLM when he throws the ball. He knows it's coming and catches it. It's a great catch but not at all the same as the Smith catch where he didn't know it was coming and made no effort to catch it until it hit him. 

There's replays on here, bottom video, 23 second mark. Ball is leaving BLMs hand and Begelton is looking at BLM. 

Missed the link - https://www.cfl.ca/games/2633/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-calgary-stampeders/#videos

Edited by JCon

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Not to belabour the point too much but if you watch the replays, Begelton is CLEARLY looking at BLM when he throws the ball. He knows it's coming and catches it. It's a great catch but not at all the same as the Smith catch where he didn't know it was coming and made no effort to catch it until it hit him. 

There's replays on here, bottom video, 23 second mark. Ball is leaving BLMs hand and Begelton is looking at BLM. 

BUT ..you're missing my point.....BOTH tds. were of the spectacular variety...I think you'd agree...Were they similar in every aspect NO....but very similar in resulting in a td. that was not very likely......my take...you have yours

24 minutes ago, Stickem said:

Oh I think Beggleton was just as surprised as our guy in that clip when the ball appeared in his hands...Coverage was that tight and I can't see how that was completed...Strange things happen sometimes in football.........................oh and thanx for the clip

18 minutes ago, Stickem said:

7 minutes ago, Stickem said:

BUT ..you're missing my point.....BOTH tds. were of the spectacular variety...I think you'd agree...Were they similar in every aspect NO....but very similar in resulting in a td. that was not very likely......my take...you have yours

I have no idea what your point is. Begelton saw the pass coming the entire way.

It was not spectacular. BLM was fortunate that there was no communication among the Bomber DBs. Still, they manage this stuff week after week. 

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think us seeing a different camera angle on that play may show it differently......  the camera angle we got hiding the receiver behind our guy is not necessarily the same sight line the receiver had to the QB. 

Just now, NorthernSkunk said:

I think us seeing a different camera angle on that play may show it differently......  the camera angle we got hiding the receiver behind our guy is not necessarily the same sight line the receiver had to the QB. 

I missed putting in the link to show Begelton CLEARLY watching the ball the entire way. https://www.cfl.ca/games/2633/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-calgary-stampeders/#videos

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Begelton saw the pass coming the entire way.

He saw the play developing. I’m not so sure about seeing the ball all the way. The ball hits him in the chest first, not something that you want, but since he was aware, he made the catch.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

He saw the play developing. I’m not so sure about seeing the ball all the way. The ball hits him in the chest first, not something that you want, but since he was aware, he made the catch.

Watch the replay. He watches it the whole way. Bottom video - 28 second mark, you can see the ball and him looking at it. https://www.cfl.ca/games/2633/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-calgary-stampeders/#videos

16 hours ago, JCon said:

Watch the replay. He watches it the whole way. Bottom video - 28 second mark, you can see the ball and him looking at it. https://www.cfl.ca/games/2633/winnipeg-blue-bombers-vs-calgary-stampeders/#videos

He's watching the whole way BUT our db cut off and interfered with his line of vision...Call it horseshoes  orrrrr  a receiver just plain reacting as he should and got lucky....either way he scored six and the rest of the discussion from that part on is just  conceptual semantics 

1 hour ago, Stickem said:

He's watching the whole way BUT our db cut off and interfered with his line of vision...

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Dbs have to disrupt the catching process.

There were plays made all around.

The DB did disrupt the receiver’s vision, the receiver knew about where the ball was coming, so, when it hit him in the chest, he closed his hands around it. But, the real playmaker or luck, was the ball thrown by BLM  that managed to miss Rios and hit Begelton, all within a couple of seconds.

15 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

There were plays made all around.

The DB did disrupt the receiver’s vision, the receiver knew about where the ball was coming, so, when it hit him in the chest, he closed his hands around it. But, the real playmaker or luck, was the ball thrown by BLM  that managed to miss Rios and hit Begelton, all within a couple of seconds.

I get that you don't think Rios played that poorly. I disagree but hey, sports is hard. 🙂

On 2019-10-20 at 11:04 PM, Blueandgold said:

Bad coaches don’t continuously win 10+ games for four years in a row. 

Tim Burke was a “bad” coach, MOS is nothing of the sort. 

Bad coaches can win championships, never mind winning 10+games a season.  See former head coach Dan Byslma of the Pittsburgh Penguins.  I wouldn't say O'Shea is a bad coach but winning 10+ games for four years in a row certainly doesn't indicate he is a good or great coach.  He has been provided with quite a bit of talent and good Canadian depth.