GDT: Bombers at Stamps

Noeller

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

This makes me sad ....  it's also envious seeing a team attack 30 yards down the field.....

Watching this gif in a loop ,   he has 2 guys wide open to dump off.... and 2 guys open down the field.....  I dream of this. 

You can also see the fullback stay in for protection and then release late. He is also wide open.

Is this a case of Calgary scouting our D and developing and running a set of plays to beat it? Or is this a generic offensive setup designed to pressure a D by having lots of options for Bo to throw to?

In either case, it's WAY too easy. It gives the illusion of Calgary having twice as many players as we do. LOL!

But the question I'd really like answered is, at this point in the season, in a game of this significance, should this be happening?

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Prove me wrong, Dee. 

Better yet, since you made the sweeping, general statement, you provide the details. 
I’m not about to compare Streveler to Mitchell, but to say he can’t put the football in tight spaces is incorrect. Ex. 

Short pass wide side to Whitehead 1st quarter. Pass was accurate on the inside, only Whitehead could catch it. Short pass to Lawler as Streveler rolled out. We gambled on third down and got the 1st down. Short pass to Whitehead, same quarter, hits him in stride, and he has blockers...drops the ball. Quick hitter to Bailey, right on target. Swing pass out to Demski, accurate to move to 3rd and inches. Final play of the 1st Q, Streveler rolls out to his left, hits Harris with a pass for a short gain. 
Tell me why all these plays don’t count for Streveler. These are the plays that were called and he executed. Very very similar to what Nichols does in the same type of offence. The difference being more running plays are called for Streveler as opposed to Nichols.

Then the Lawler pass for a TD. That counts right?

There are lots of examples if your open to them, but you’ve already made up your mind.

Now I agree, Streveler’s accuracy for longer passes needs improvement, but he doesn’t get many called for him. So, I’ll be patient, and not write him off with LaPo directing his game.

I don't buy the crap that Streveler can't hit the tight windows on the mid range passes. He's actually pretty good at it. The long ball is less accurate but the short and intermediate stuff he can put it in where he needs to. When he throws ints it's generally not a case of him being super inaccurate, moreso trying to force a ball that shouldn't go there. Young player problem that. There are lots of examples though of times when he does hit his receivers in tight windows. He has been let down by a lot of things on the offense though. 

2 minutes ago, J5V said:

Can someone tell me what the hell Rios is doing on this play? Is never looking back towards the QB or the ball some new type of coverage tactic that I'm unaware of?

Rios.gif

I’m not blaming Rios at all on this play. Rios has coverage. That throw is beyond ridiculous. You can try that throw 10 times into that very tight space and not be successful. Not to mention a very good catch by the receiver. There is only one spot to throw that ball and Mitchell hit it. He’s a very good passer. 
Sometimes, the other teams make plays. This is one of those times.

8 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I’m not blaming Rios at all on this play. Rios has coverage. That throw is beyond ridiculous. You can try that throw 10 times into that very tight space and not be successful. Not to mention a very good catch by the receiver. There is only one spot to throw that ball and Mitchell hit it. He’s a very good passer. 
Sometimes, the other teams make plays. This is one of those times.

Huh? What am I missing here? Rios has his back to the QB and never looks for the ball. If he simply looks back he easily picks off that ball or at least knocks it down. That ball should never have been thrown. It almost hits Rios. Sorry, I don't get it.

Just now, J5V said:

Huh? What am I missing here? Rios has his back to the QB and never looks for the ball. If he simply looks back he easily picks off that ball or at least knocks it down. That ball should never have been thrown. It almost hits Rios. Sorry, I don't get it.

*He never looks back in the half second we see in the gif. 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

*He never looks back in the half second we see in the gif. 

Well it's more than half a second but anyway, if he looks back at all, he sees that ball coming and knocks it down. Sorry but, to me, a fan, that's awful coverage. Just my opinion. I never played pro ball. What do I know?

3 minutes ago, J5V said:

Well it's more than half a second but anyway, if he looks back at all, he sees that ball coming and knocks it down. Sorry but, to me, a fan, that's awful coverage. Just my opinion. I never played pro ball. What do I know?

It's not more than a half second.

I'm not saying he played it welll, I'm just saying you can't see what he did for the first half of that play, until he comes into frame for a half second before the ball gets there. AFAIK, he blew coverage and was just getting back to Begelton before the ball got there. I don't know. 

Edited by JCon

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

I'm not saying he played it welll, I'm just saying you can't see what he did for the first half of that play, until he comes into frame for a half second before the ball gets there. AFAIK, he blew coverage and was just getting back to Begelton before the ball got there. I don't know. 

FWIW, Here's a different angle.

Rios2.gif

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Rios has over the top help coming up from Alexander. Having to cover the receiver, and expecting help, he is in position for coverage. Look again, that ball should never have been thrown. There is only one spot, one, that the ball could have been caught..and it was. Hell of a throw and catch.

Yeah but if Rios looks back, presumably he can knock it down (or intercept it); however, he doesn't. 

Just now, Mr Dee said:

Rios has over the top help coming up from Alexander. Having to cover the receiver, and expecting help, he is in position for coverage. Look again, that ball should never have been thrown. There is only one spot, one, that the ball could have been caught..and it was. Hell of a throw and catch.

heck of a throw and catch, but he did literally nothing to disrupt it. If he had looked back at all he probably easily bats that down. I suspect that because he was getting beaten a lot that he was just focused on trying to run with guys. 

Years back we had a db was always close to the ball when receivers caught it but could never break up a pass. Forget his name but yeah, being close doesn't matter if you can't break passes up. Receivers in this league can make catches in traffic. 

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

heck of a throw and catch, but he did literally nothing to disrupt it. If he had looked back at all he probably easily bats that down. I suspect that because he was getting beaten a lot that he was just focused on trying to run with guys. 

Years back we had a db was always close to the ball when receivers caught it but could never break up a pass. Forget his name but yeah, being close doesn't matter if you can't break passes up. Receivers in this league can make catches in traffic. 

Roc Carmichael is never the incorrect answer to questions like this.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yup. That is why BLM gets the $$$. Because having an elite QB is pretty much the most important thing. Something the Bombers haven’t had since ... ?

4 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Better yet, since you made the sweeping, general statement, you provide the details. 
I’m not about to compare Streveler to Mitchell, but to say he can’t put the football in tight spaces is incorrect. Ex. 

Short pass wide side to Whitehead 1st quarter. Pass was accurate on the inside, only Whitehead could catch it. Short pass to Lawler as Streveler rolled out. We gambled on third down and got the 1st down. Short pass to Whitehead, same quarter, hits him in stride, and he has blockers...drops the ball. Quick hitter to Bailey, right on target. Swing pass out to Demski, accurate to move to 3rd and inches. Final play of the 1st Q, Streveler rolls out to his left, hits Harris with a pass for a short gain. 
Tell me why all these plays don’t count for Streveler. These are the plays that were called and he executed. Very very similar to what Nichols does in the same type of offence. The difference being more running plays are called for Streveler as opposed to Nichols.

Then the Lawler pass for a TD. That counts right?

There are lots of examples if your open to them, but you’ve already made up your mind.

Now I agree, Streveler’s accuracy for longer passes needs improvement, but he doesn’t get many called for him. So, I’ll be patient, and not write him off with LaPo directing his game.

Sure, that's why if you take out that 34 yard TD pass, Streveler finished with 105 yards passing. I haven't written the kid totally off yet. I'd like to see him succeed but I've reached my breaking point with this offense & with this coaching staff. My patience is exhausted. I have no faith at all anymore in O'Shea & especially LaPolice. I was literally screaming at the tv on Saturday out of total frustration at our ineptitude throwing the ball. In the 4th quarter I just threw up my hands in despair & any support I had for that entire coaching staff was gone. 

Our quarterbacking sucks. They get absolutely no help from Lapo or Pierece. We get locked into one guy because of our head coach & then ride him until he's broken. See Willy. See Nichols. Now see Streveler. Our HC anoints stating qbs & then stubbornly refuses to play anyone else even if sticking with the starter means losing games, entire seasons & getting qbs injured. I want coaching changes. I want what's best for this team & not O'Shea's huge ******* ego. That's what I want. I'll get behind Streveler if I know he's our best option. Right now, we have no idea if he is. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27