GDT: Bombers at Stamps

Noeller

25 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Garbage. TOR said everyone was available. Brain trust went with the semi invalid Collaros so howd  that work out?

I think it would have required a first round pick from the Bombers to complete that deal...with a small addition possibly.  Argos would be dealing from a position of strength.  Walters probably a little gun shy to pull that off.

Just new on here but was I ever cheering for the Bombers . Not that this helps but I see Winnipeg playing with vengeance next week. Just like the game right after Labour Day. If the Bombers can step up and beat Calgary decisively in Winnipeg. No doubt the players will feel much better on the bye. Not to mention confidence going into the Playoffs. Who knows how this season will end. The EE might surprise everyone. What the Bombers can control, right here and now, is to win their last home game of the year and win it decisively. They need to end the regular season on a high. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby West said:

Just new on here but was I ever cheering for the Bombers . Not that this helps but I see Winnipeg playing with vengeance next week. Just like the game right after Labour Day. If the Bombers can step up and beat Calgary decisively in Winnipeg. No doubt the players will feel much better on the bye. Not to mention confidence going into the Playoffs. Who knows how this season will end. The EE might surprise everyone. What the Bombers can control, right here and now, is to win their last home game of the year and win it decisively. They need to end the regular season on a high. 

Welcome Bobby. Rookie enthusiasm. Gotta like it. 

3 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

I think it would have required a first round pick from the Bombers to complete that deal...with a small addition possibly.  Argos would be dealing from a position of strength.  Walters probably a little gun shy to pull that off.

Fair enough.

24 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Other than Nickthesizz no one hates Streveler. He has lots of heart & yes, he's a warrior. But I don't want a warrior at qb. I want a qb that can read a defense & throw the ball with success. Someone who actually gives us a chance to win. 

Yes, Buck was a warrior and he was mediocre for most of his games he played here...and the Bombers were mostly awful from 2010-2013.

This game, as intense as it was to the final seconds... perfectly summarizes the Bombers’ infuriating season.  They’re a first half team.  All three phases contribute to building a lead.  Then after halftime they get buried production-wise and the game slips away.  So the talent is there for the most part.  The play calling is so painfully inept that we as fans can predict them almost without fail - so imagine how easy it’s become for opponents to anticipate!

How can a team go from dominating (or at least being extremely competitive) in first halves, to either barely hanging on or totally blowing it? Comes down to coaching. Throw in some questionable roster management (see: Rasheed Bailey and Geoff Gray as exhibits A & B ) and the result is that our most recent best chance at a championship is halfway down the drain.

46 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He's out there competing. He played his heart out & should be commended & not insulted. This offensive mess is on O'Shea & LaPo. They're asking Streveler to do something that he can't do. Throw the ball with success. Won't happen.  Not the kid's fault. Coaches lost this game. 

I hope you're not saying he can't throw the ball. Were you saying that when he hit Lawler for the TD? I doubt it. He helped put 27 points on the board in the first half. Then what happened? Calgary adjusted to stop Lapo's game plan, Lapo didn't adjust to what Calgary was doing, and we scored 6 points from there on. Sound familiar?

BTW, 33 points should be enough to win most games. Giving up 37 is way too many points for our D to surrender. Secondary was way too soft. Bighill sucked. Jefferson was invisible. Sound familiar?

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nope. They would be neutered and put up 210 yards passing. The QB is irrelevant with this Lapolice O. 

I would be fine with Lapo leaving as I think he is an over-rated OC, but you are wrong.  With Khari and Durant, Lapo let his quarterbacks sling it down the field with long and intermediate passes.  Neither Streveller nor Nichols have the talent to do that on a consistent basis.  

A clean slate (new head coach and new coordinators) to go along with a new quality QB would be just what the doctor ordered in 2020, assuming this team is one and done in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

This game, as intense as it was to the final seconds... perfectly summarizes the Bombers’ infuriating season.  They’re a first half team.  All three phases contribute to building a lead.  Then after halftime they get buried production-wise and the game slips away.  So the talent is there for the most part.  The play calling is so painfully inept that we as fans can predict them almost without fail - so imagine how easy it’s become for opponents to anticipate!

How can a team go from dominating (or at least being extremely competitive) in first halves, to either barely hanging on or totally blowing it? Comes down to coaching. Throw in some questionable roster management (see: Rasheed Bailey and Geoff Gray as exhibits A & B ) and the result is that our most recent best chance at a championship is halfway down the drain.

Why is Gray not playing? Like what is going on?

9 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Who was the coach? Was it.. Lapo? 

Don't be myopic.  Buck was an injury-prone QB when he came and had underwhelming results when he came here from BC...it was the reason they released him.  That continued with the BOmbers...it didn't help that the GM surrounded him with garbage on the o-line, but it was clear as time went along especially in 2012 and 2013 Buck was done.  He was failing to go through his progressions by that point and his arm wasn't as strong either.

I genuinely feel bad for our fanbase. Every year I wonder why people come back. Why ticket sales don't plummet. 

This organization doesn't deserve us.

Seeing all the infighting over obvious losers like hall lapo and a clueless coach like mos is sad. 

Why the **** was streveler out there? Hurt, hobbled, can't throw a pass and mos shoves him out there. Brainless. 

Just now, J5V said:

I hope you're not saying he can't throw the ball. Were you saying that when he hit Lawler for the TD? I doubt it. He helped put 27 points on the board in the first half. Then what happened? Calgary adjusted to stop Lapo's game plan, Lapo didn't adjust to what Calgary was doing, and we scored 6 points from there on. Sound familiar?

BTW, 33 points should be enough to win most games. Giving up 37 is way too many points for our D to surrender. Secondary was way too soft. Bighill sucked. Jefferson was invisible. Sound familiar?

J5V, the kid can't throw downfield. He's throwing curls to flats on the field for the most part under 10 yards. Yeah, that throw to Lawler was nice but he has to do much more as a qb passing than that & he's showed us nothing. other than he can run. To me, it's becoming more & more apparent that he just doesn't have it as a passer & never will. Big heart, strong, tenacious & a warrior. Switch him to slot or running back. Let those traits work for him at those positions. 

57 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Would MBT coming off the bench really be a worse move than leaving a clearly struggling Strevler out there? Really?

and who is MBT going to throw to? Lucky on a sweep? Harris standing still 3 yards downfield? How about a screen to Demski? How about a button hook to Lawler 7 yards downfield? That's about the entire pass play book. Do you really think it would make any difference?

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Mike will start Streveler as that is how he rolls. Like I've been saying, until changes in coaches is made, nothing will change. WTH would anyone want another year of this ****???

Because without this mediocrity we'd be even worse. You want that?

5 minutes ago, White Out said:

I genuinely feel bad for our fanbase. Every year I wonder why people come back. Why ticket sales don't plummet. 

This organization doesn't deserve us.

Seeing all the infighting over obvious losers like hall lapo and a clueless coach like mos is sad. 

Why the **** was streveler out there? Hurt, hobbled, can't throw a pass and mos shoves him out there. Brainless. 

Ticket sales are dropping.  The season ticket base dropped to 17 - 18,000 this year.  Outside the Banjo Bowl, the Bombers did not draw one crowd over 25,000 this year - that is the first time that has happened in the new stadium.

I think many people have given up on the idea this team will win a Grey Cup or even finish first with this coaching staff and management group in place.