Game 9 vs Islanders

BomberBall

2 hours ago, JCon said:

In the context of what is expected of the 2C in the NHL? No. He's learning what he needs to do as a winger now. We don't need to rush him into the spot. Let him learn. 

I'm not saying I disagree with letting young centers develop playing on the wing, at first, but call me crazy....  Maybe he could develop even further, his defensive responsibilities, as a centerman, actually playing center?

He's had a few games at center this season and I think he's looked pretty good.  I'm not up on the fancy stats, so I can't refer to those, I'm just going by what I see.

Edited by BomberBall

4 hours ago, JCon said:

In the context of what is expected of the 2C in the NHL? No. He's learning what he needs to do as a winger now. We don't need to rush him into the spot. Let him learn. 

He is going to learn by being on the wing? I agree that Little is solid in his own end but better defensively than Copp ,No. We are talking about getting more offense from our 2c , which is Roslo ,and putting up with his mistakes just like our young defense. I agree that its moot and Maurice at this time is not going to give him a shot ..

Just now, bb1 said:

He is going to learn by being on the wing? I agree that Little is solid in his own end but better defensively than Copp ,No. We are talking about getting more offense from our 2c , which is Roslo ,and putting up with his mistakes just like our young defense. I agree that its moot and Maurice at this time is not going to give him a shot ..

Yes, he's going to learn to play at both ends of the ice on wing where his mistakes won't hurt as much. And, Little remains a better two-way forward than Copp and Roslo. Copp would be good as the 3C but not as good as Lowry, so he stays out on the wing on the third line. 

I would like to see Roslo grow into the player everyone seems to think he is but he hasn't produced enough yet and he's still weak defensively. 

I mean, if we're just going to have guys work out their shortcomings on the go, then may as well bring up Vesa too and go all in. It will hurt but we could move Little, Perreault, Copp, etc. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, he's going to learn to play at both ends of the ice on wing where his mistakes won't hurt as much. And, Little remains a better two-way forward than Copp and Roslo. Copp would be good as the 3C but not as good as Lowry, so he stays out on the wing on the third line. 

I would like to see Roslo grow into the player everyone seems to think he is but he hasn't produced enough yet and he's still weak defensively. 

I mean, if we're just going to have guys work out their shortcomings on the go, then may as well bring up Vesa too and go all in. It will hurt but we could move Little, Perreault, Copp, etc. 

Well on defense we are doing that right now..😊