Week Of Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

17 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Yup. Defenses have figured him out. Hopefully he responds in kind.

Lol. Go check the total yards when Nichols was playing. The O was figured out many months ago. Predictable. Only diff with Strev is he doesn't check down to 33 every pass. Our OC has been figured out. Seriously when most of us can guess what hes calling without film study, yeah.. Its the OC. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Streveler had a lot of success as a red zone qb last season. I have a hard time believing that he got worse. I'd suspect that teams have just gotten wise to the bombers tendencies. It's the same as happened to the rest of the offense.

Are you referring to Streveler coming in when the balls within the 3 yards of the goal line and pounding it in on the ground?  

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm definitely not as scared about putting up points as I am about preventing Cgy from scoring at will....

I think you're 180 degrees turned around on this one.  We've had pretty significant turnover/offensive struggles vs Calgary our last several meetings.  That tends to lead to opposition points, but for the most part the Bombers haven't had trouble containing Calgary's offense over the past few years in terms of points.

I believe the magic number is 30, and that's 30 designed rushes for Harris and Streveler combined.  If the run isn't established and relevant in the whole game the Bombers won't produce enough first downs to win, even if they score 20 points in the first quarter.

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Lol. Go check the total yards when Nichols was playing. The O was figured out many months ago. Predictable. Only diff with Strev is he doesn't check down to 33 every pass. Our OC has been figured out. Seriously when most of us can guess what hes calling without film study, yeah.. Its the OC. 

"Total yards" 

Man, you guys love total yards. Wins mean nothing. Efficiency means nothing. 

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

One could also argue that every team should have every other team "figured out"...there are a number of options with every formation, but every team studies those and often plays the percentages.

Like one coach said "I don't care if they know what we are doing. If we do it right, they won't stop us."

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Gotta keep korey Jones on the roster or we’re doomed

Craig Roh asks "why?".

I guess it's now official, Desjarlais  grades out above Gray and Speller on the depth chart for the 5th game running since Neufeld's return, I don't think anyone saw that coming. Gray is signed through the end of next year but I think Speller will probably be a F.A. after this season, good chance he moves onto greener pastures if nothing changes, but a lot depends on what they do with Neufeld.  

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Craig Roh asks "why?".

I guess it's now official, Desjarlais  grades out above Gray and Speller on the depth chart for the 5th game running since Neufeld's return, I don't think anyone saw that coming. Gray is signed through the end of next year but I think Speller will probably be a F.A. after this season, good chance he moves onto greener pastures, but a lot depends on what they do with Neufeld.  

Gray returned to practise this week. He may not be ready to play yet. 

On 2019-10-16 at 10:25 AM, M.O.A.B. said:

It doesn't make sense to bust their ass off and suffer injuries just to win these 2 remaining games and comes up limping in the WSF. As my boss always say, work SMARTER.

Having a playoff spot locked down certainly provides an incentive to take the foot off the pedal... but the Bombers are 7-1 at home, and 3-5 on the road. I think we can beat the 'Riders in their own barn, especially if we go with a run-heavy game plan like last week. However, Calgary is not a pushover team - if they do end up playing in the WSF, I hope it's on our turf. Sadly hosting the Western Final seems a pipe dream now.

On 2019-10-17 at 7:01 AM, B-F-F-C said:

8   1 10 M16 Rush (11:46) A. HARRIS Run (16 yds), Touchdown
52   2 10 M15 Pass (06:45) C. STREVELER Completed Pass to D. WOLITARSKY, caught at M0 (15 yds, 0 YAC), Touchdown

69 110 M21Pass(00:25) C. STREVELER Pass Intercepted by T. CAMPBELL at M-10 (returned 0 yds), Tackle: D. ADAMS

86 110M 36Pass(10:02) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for D. WOLITARSKY at M21

87   2 10  M36 Pass (09:44) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for N. DEMSKI at M40

94 27 M7 Pass(06:37) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass at M-8, Pass thrown away out of bounds (no intended receiver).

100 212 M35Pass(03:29) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for D. ADAMS at M25

Above are our 6 visits to the red zone with two succesful attempts.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but isn't the first letter/number combo the LOS?... so in the three I highlighted it would be Montreal 36, 36 and 35... those are not in the red zone...