Week Of Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

7 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I hate to say it but this game could be ugly and could end up to be our worst loss of the year.  I had to work last weekend and with thanksgiving I was just able to watch the Als game.   I was completely unimpressed with Streveler's play.  Almost every time we  got in to the red zone he either thru a pick or an off target pass.  He can't play like that against the Stamps.  As  soon as Streveler gets within the 20 yrd line he seems to get jittery and makes poor decisions. Unless he can run it in the probability of scoring goes way down and I don't think we can expect the defence to intercept BLM as often as they did against Adam's.  I like Streveler but he's done nothing to change my mind about his ineffective passing game.  

So either Streveler has the game of his life or the defence will have to play lights out.  Not confident with either of the two.  I hope I'm wrong though.  

You might want to re watch the game, or maybe it was a completely different game you were watching. In the First half, Steveler had 1 dropped pass in the red zone, one int. Which was a 50/50 ball the rec basically gave up on and a TD pass. In the 2nd half he had one pass attempt in the red zone and it was a throw away after the pocket collapsed and he had to roll out and no one got open. In the 4th everytime they got close to the redzone all they did was run.

I'm not saying he lit it up, but he certainly wasnt horrible.

Just now, Jpan85 said:

He did not. Miles stepped in and was able to make it through the game with no major mistakes.

I saw Miles warming up on the sidelines but hadn't even noticed Rempel go down. Hopefully, it's not too serious and we'll get him back before the next week or the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Best case is sweeping the stamps and hosting them in the west semi (since I don't think we'll get the help we need from teams with nothing to play for and no qbs against the Riders) but then we'd have to beat the Stamps 4 times in one year. That's a tough challenge, but I don't believe that Stamps team is as good as they were previously. They've lost a bunch of games this year they wouldn't normally. Last year in the playoffs it really was a case of Singleton getting the better of Andrew Harris and they don't have that matchup anymore. 

So, purely for fun as we know the Bombers wouldn’t intentionally lose, would we be better off losing to Calgary so they can take first place and we don’t have to play them three times in a row, instead playing Sask in the first round (but in their house)?

9 minutes ago, O2L said:

So, purely for fun as we know the Bombers wouldn’t intentionally lose, would we be better off losing to Calgary so they can take first place and we don’t have to play them three times in a row, instead playing Sask in the first round (but in their house)?

No imo. we are much better off playing a home game. 

Normally its really hard to beat a team twice in a row little on 3. But I feel like this calgary team is weakened to the point they are breakable. We sweep em and they go into rebuild mode in the off season. 

11 minutes ago, O2L said:

No I'd rather play the stamps in Winnipeg. Not worried about that Rider team. Don't do stupid things they won't beat us. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

No I'd rather play the stamps in Winnipeg. Not worried about that Rider team. Don't do stupid things they won't beat us. 

I agree about not being worried about the Riders, I’m more worried about trying to beat a team three times in a row. Home field advantage obviously helps but we haven’t fared so well in home playoff games in recent history.  

2 minutes ago, O2L said:

I agree about not being worried about the Riders, I’m more worried about trying to beat a team three times in a row. Home field advantage obviously helps but we haven’t fared so well in home playoff games in recent history.  

a sample size of 1 isn't anything I'd be overly concerned about. 

1 hour ago, jazzsax said:

Well ---- i'm batting 50% on wins when I'm in the stand for the Blue against the Stamps at McMahon.

Here's hoping we up the percentage this week!

50% huh.... I hate you. I have seen them win one single solitary game in that stadium, and it was The Fever vs. Andrew Buckley and freezing cold. That's since 2005!

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

50% huh.... I hate you. I have seen them win one single solitary game in that stadium, and it was The Fever vs. Andrew Buckley and freezing cold. That's since 2005!

Too bad you're not allowed out of the house more.... I'm up to 2 now, thanks to Marvelous Robert Marve.... 

Two wins in 17 years.... 

16 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

You might want to re watch the game, or maybe it was a completely different game you were watching. In the First half, Steveler had 1 dropped pass in the red zone, one int. Which was a 50/50 ball the rec basically gave up on and a TD pass. In the 2nd half he had one pass attempt in the red zone and it was a throw away after the pocket collapsed and he had to roll out and no one got open. In the 4th everytime they got close to the redzone all they did was run.

I'm not saying he lit it up, but he certainly wasnt horrible.

8   1 10 M16 Rush (11:46) A. HARRIS Run (16 yds), Touchdown
52   2 10 M15 Pass (06:45) C. STREVELER Completed Pass to D. WOLITARSKY, caught at M0 (15 yds, 0 YAC), Touchdown

69 110 M21Pass(00:25) C. STREVELER Pass Intercepted by T. CAMPBELL at M-10 (returned 0 yds), Tackle: D. ADAMS

86 110M 36Pass(10:02) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for D. WOLITARSKY at M21

87   2 10  M36 Pass (09:44) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for N. DEMSKI at M40

94 27 M7 Pass(06:37) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass at M-8, Pass thrown away out of bounds (no intended receiver).

100 212 M35Pass(03:29) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for D. ADAMS at M25

Above are our 6 visits to the red zone with two succesful attempts. One on the ground and the other by way of the pass.  Streveler's success in the red zone is dependant on Harris and his ability to run the ball.  If we get in to a 2nd and long situation our probability of success drops significantly.  Streveler is like a golfer who gets the yips on the green.  

And I know that your first response will be to blame it on Lapo or the receiver not making a play on the ball.  And yes it's just one game but I believe that if you go back and look at his other games, it will show a tendency in the red zone. When Nichols was playing we were one of the best teams in red zone production. Now not so much.  

Many of you think I don't like the guy but thats no true.  I hope he becomes our future #1 QB and  takes us to the promised land.  But he's not ready and I wouldn't be comfortable going into next season with him as our #1.  Many of you want to throw Nichols away with the bath water but we still need him for at least 1 more season. 

Realistically it's going to be hard to finish 1st, but, I'd like to see us win out against Calgary to get home field. Maybe BC and Edmonton do us all a favour who knows.

i got really great sets behind the Bomber bench and so if things go to **** I can at least tell MOS to get his head out of his ass and get new coordinators.

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

52   2 10 M15 Pass (06:45) C. STREVELER Completed Pass to D. WOLITARSKY, caught at M0 (15 yds, 0 YAC), Touchdown

69 110 M21Pass(00:25) C. STREVELER Pass Intercepted by T. CAMPBELL at M-10 (returned 0 yds), Tackle: D. ADAMS

86 110M 36Pass(10:02) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for D. WOLITARSKY at M21

87   2 10  M36 Pass (09:44) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for N. DEMSKI at M40

94 27 M7 Pass(06:37) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass at M-8, Pass thrown away out of bounds (no intended receiver).

100 212 M35Pass(03:29) C. STREVELER Incomplete Pass intended for D. ADAMS at M25

Above are our 6 visits to the red zone with two succesful attempts. One on the ground and the other by way of the pass.  Streveler's success in the red zone is dependant on Harris and his ability to run the ball.  If we get in to a 2nd and long situation our probability of success drops significantly.  Streveler is like a golfer who gets the yips on the green.  

And I know that your first response will be to blame it on Lapo or the receiver not making a play on the ball.  And yes it's just one game but I believe that if you go back and look at his other games, it will show a tendency in the red zone. When Nichols was playing we were one of the best teams in red zone production. Now not so much.  

Many of you think I don't like the guy but thats no true.  I hope he becomes our future #1 QB and  takes us to the promised land.  But he's not ready and I wouldn't be comfortable going into next season with him as our #1.  Many of you want to throw Nichols away with the bath water but we still need him for at least 1 more season. 

We don't know if we need Nichols until we see him playing again......, is his shoulder shot ? Has he gotten even slower running ? Lots to see before even anointing him a starter again.

4 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I wasn't commenting on whether or not you like him etc. The red zone has definitely taken a hit since Nichols left. But if you actually watch the plays that were no good. It's hard to put the blame all on Streveler is what I was trying to say.

59 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Streveler had a lot of success as a red zone qb last season. I have a hard time believing that he got worse. I'd suspect that teams have just gotten wise to the bombers tendencies. It's the same as happened to the rest of the offense.

That's because he mostly hitched a ride with Nichols getting there, he's also played enough games now that he has few tricks left that the opposition D hasn't already seen.