Week Of Bombers @ Stamps

JCon

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Adam's better hurt cause there's no other excuse for his poor play last few weeks.

Its been a tough stretch for him, but the drop off in terms of blocking from the back up wrs is steep too. And that is very important to our screen passes and run game. Which is 80% of the offense. 

Really hope gaitor is healthy soon. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Its been a tough stretch for him, but the drop off in terms of blocking from the back up wrs is steep too. And that is very important to our screen passes and run game. Which is 80% of the offense. 

Good point on the blocking.  The difference in the run game last game was the blocking from the receivers.  Big difference.

2 minutes ago, MC said:

Good point on the blocking.  The difference in the run game last game was the blocking from the receivers.  Big difference.

We missed woli a lot in terms of blocking. Petermann gives his all but just cant measure up to woli's blocking. 

5 minutes ago, MC said:

The usual suspects taking their veteran's day by the sound of it.  We are fairly healthy for this time of year.  

Is anybody going to practice this week?  I would be interested to hear how Collaros looks.

God knows the press wont pay attention and report how guys are playin in camp. 

3 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Interesting that Collaros is practising. As a "3rd string", will he get any reps?

I would bet on him getting some reps yeah. 

19 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Adams I don't think is 100 percent..you can see it in his running and just the fact he still is wearing a brace.

Bailey though is an excellent blocker so the drop off there prob wont be noticeable...bigger body bulkwise as well

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

Adams I don't think is 100 percent..you can see it in his running and just the fact he still is wearing a brace.

Bailey though is an excellent blocker so the drop off there prob wont be noticeable...bigger body bulkwise as well

Agree. He isnt normally a guy who is hesitant to lay out for catches either but hasnt been the last few weeks. Bailey is a stud. He and Lawler could shock the league next year if targeted. 

5 hours ago, Brock Streveler said:

Go Bombers Go,  huge opportunity this weekend! :)

Gee.....I wonder if a bomber win helps out the snot hats.

Bombers will grind out a hard fought professional looking win this weekend..... looking so good it leaves the TSN people stammering krap about how good they think Calgary is,  and how they are still the team to beat.  

I hate to say it but this game could be ugly and could end up to be our worst loss of the year.  I had to work last weekend and with thanksgiving I was just able to watch the Als game.   I was completely unimpressed with Streveler's play.  Almost every time we  got in to the red zone he either thru a pick or an off target pass.  He can't play like that against the Stamps.  As  soon as Streveler gets within the 20 yrd line he seems to get jittery and makes poor decisions. Unless he can run it in the probability of scoring goes way down and I don't think we can expect the defence to intercept BLM as often as they did against Adam's.  I like Streveler but he's done nothing to change my mind about his ineffective passing game.  

So either Streveler has the game of his life or the defence will have to play lights out.  Not confident with either of the two.  I hope I'm wrong though.  

Edited by B-F-F-C

3 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

I hate to say it but this game could be ugly and could end up to be our worst loss of the year.  I had to work last weekend and with thanksgiving I was just able to watch the Als game.   I was completely unimpressed with Streveler's play.  Almost every time we  got in to the red zone he either thru a pick or an off target pass.  He can't play like that against the Stamps.  As  soon as Streveler gets within the 20 yrd line he seems to get jittery and makes poor decisions. Unless he can run it in the probability of scoring goes way down and I don't think we can expect the defence to intercept BLM as often as they did against Adam's.  I like Streveler but he's done nothing to change my mind about his ineffective passing game.  

So either Streveler has the game of his life or the defence will have to play lights out.  Not confident with either of the two.  I hope I'm wrong though.  

Said in another thread, will say again here because apparently people don't pay attention... The Stamps lost to that same Als team just a couple weeks ago with the almighty Bo Levi Mitchell at QB. 

Calgary is a good team, but they're not the same team they have been the previous few years. They've got warts like the rest of the league. 

I don't think we can catch up with the Riders for the first place in West. They have an easier schedule with Lions and back to back with Esks. Both teams playing with their backups and both have nothing to play for. 

Finishing 2nd requires us to beat the Stamps twice. We can't split the back-to-back and hope they will lose to the Lions. That's not gonna happen.

So to me, I really don't care if we lose both, win both, or split the back-to-back games. The most important win vs the Stamps is the WSF game, whether it's in Wpg or Cgy. Win WSF and we march to Ssk and beat the hell out of the Riders.

It doesn't make sense to bust their ass off and suffer injuries just to win these 2 remaining games and comes up limping in the WSF. As my boss always say, work SMARTER.

Edited by M.O.A.B.

Best case is sweeping the stamps and hosting them in the west semi (since I don't think we'll get the help we need from teams with nothing to play for and no qbs against the Riders) but then we'd have to beat the Stamps 4 times in one year. That's a tough challenge, but I don't believe that Stamps team is as good as they were previously. They've lost a bunch of games this year they wouldn't normally. Last year in the playoffs it really was a case of Singleton getting the better of Andrew Harris and they don't have that matchup anymore. 

Stamps running game is nothing to fear..... but covering Rogers,Beggleton and Mayala is a concern....We have to find a way to shut these guys down or we'll be in for a long night....Mitchell has to be hurried and pressure from our front four has to be intense, or he'll butcher us....Play smart...don't take dumb penalties and hope our running game proves to be too much for them to handle...I think we have a good shot to take these last two games and being healthy at the right time is going to help...I hope Streve doesn't remain one dimensional in this game because you just know the stumps will be keying on the run all night...Should be a real slobberknocker and I hope the heck we come away the winner

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Best case is sweeping the stamps and hosting them in the west semi (since I don't think we'll get the help we need from teams with nothing to play for and no qbs against the Riders) but then we'd have to beat the Stamps 4 times in one year. That's a tough challenge, but I don't believe that Stamps team is as good as they were previously. They've lost a bunch of games this year they wouldn't normally. Last year in the playoffs it really was a case of Singleton getting the better of Andrew Harris and they don't have that matchup anymore. 

Singleton is gone, Greenwood is gone, Ball is gone, who do they have left to play MLB?