Rider fans complaining about our attendance on Saturday

Joe Rockhead

14 hours ago, jazzsax said:

Yes they have. Slow clap for the riders.

Guess what else they've lead for years......

1. Most telethons to save their pathetic team
  2. Most funds raised from telethons to save their pathetic team

most phoney "rider shares" to save their team

33 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

There are not a lot more Rider fans than Bomber fans. We just don't dedicate all our spare time to the Bombers. Other interests like pro hockey, big city entertainment, actual lakes and rivers (not man made resevoirs) to visit and use in the summer time, and a multitude of other things that Sask cannot offer to it's residents due to the diminutive size of it's cities, keep us busy. I suppose if I lived in a province as devoid of opportunities as Saskatchewan my spare time might be all spent being a Bomber fan. Fortunately, we do not have to be fanatical in Winnipeg. We have lots of things to do and the Bombers are just one of them. You keep stroking your Rider jersey in boredom and trolling Bomber sites if that's what gives you relief from the boredom that living in Saskatchewan surely must bring.

However, lets call a spade a spade. Your fanbase suffers from little man syndrome. Because you live in a province with big towns and no cities you guys are like chihuahuas. Always yapping at the bigger dogs in the yard trying to prove your cities measure up and the Riders have become the extension of this because it is literally the ONLY thing Sask has on the national stage. Fortunately for us here in Winnipeg, we use a much bigger ruler to measure our size, it's called the NHL. You guys aren't even in the same weight division.

That's a cute post, funny that you mention the little man syndrome when that is exactly what your post represents. 

Do you know how many lakes there are in Saskatchewan?  About 100,000  Do you know how many lakes are in Manitoba?  A little over 100,000. 

And its funny that you bring up big city life in the little city of Winnipeg.  Don't get me wrong, I love  Winnipeg but to claim its some kind of metropolis is comical.   Heard last night you guys are no longer selling out the smallest arena in the league for NHL games, but I can't stand hockey so who really cares.

Face it, Winnipeg, Regina, and Saskatoon are one and the same, all fun smaller cities with lots to offer.    Took my kids to the zoo in Winnipeg this past summer, it was outstanding.

Cheer up son, life isn't as miserable as your post's suggest it is.

15 hours ago, jazzsax said:

Yes they have. Slow clap for the riders.

Guess what else they've lead for years......

1. Most telethons to save their pathetic team
  2. Most funds raised from telethons to save their pathetic team

No question that was a tough time for the Riders franchise, makes where they are now that much more fascinating. 

5 minutes ago, Brock Streveler said:

I believe the Green Bay Packers have done something similar, seems like a great idea for a source of revenue. 

Have you seen the Riders' new players facility?  Seems as though this one of many ideas that have worked.

You seriously can't even think to use the Packers and Rider's in the same breath...and the Packers didn't do that to save their buts from irrelevance...several times....you get funnier as the posts go on

I have seen the Rider's new facilities...very nice...same as other new ones in the CFL...whats the point?? they built it on fake share money and telethons??..haha....you are something else...

Edited by Booch

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

You seriously can't even think to use the Packers and Rider's in the same breath...and the Packers didn't do that to save their buts from irrelevance...several times....you get funnier as the posts go on

I have seen the Rider's new facilities...very nice...same as other new ones in the CFL...whats the point?? they built it on fake share money and telethons??..haha....you are something else...

Youre making no sense.  When did I say that Packers did it to save their butts?   Packers did it for a source of revenue and for something special for their fans.

Riders did it for their fans and as a new source of revenue as well, like I said, it obviously worked.

Edited by Brock Streveler

The WBB football club have found themselves in similar financial hardship in the past.   I remember my dad telling me that he received a personal call from the team asking for money to get them out of a cash crunch.  My dad gave them $1000 and in return he was invited to a dinner at Ray & Jerry's with a few Bomber players.  When we were going thru his stuff fter he died I found a letter signed by Earl Lunsford (I believe) thanking him for his support.

More recently I remember giving the Bombers $100 and in return I received  a "Bomber Hero" certificate. In addition to that when the "Save Our Jets" campaign failed I picked up my refund cheque from the arena and walked across the street and signed it over to the Bombers.  

Thankfully the current WBB management team now runs the team as a business and it appears the team  is on solid financial footing.  

3 minutes ago, Brock Streveler said:

Youre making no sense.  When did I say that Packers did it to save their butts?   Packers did it for a source of revenue and for something special for their fans.

Riders did it for their fans and as a new source of revenue as well, like I said, it obviously worked.

Rider's did it soley to pay their bills, and really to when you look at it fleece their fans...as really they are not worth the paper they are printed on...so saying the Packers did the "same" as the Rider's infers that the Packers did it for the same reason...are you a highschool graduate?...or are you still some lil fella living in yer mama's basement waiting for breakfast to be brought down after you make your bed and put your clothes away??...I truly hope it's the latter

2 minutes ago, B-F-F-C said:

The WBB football club have found themselves in similar financial hardship in the past.   I remember my dad telling me that he received a personal call from the team asking for money to get them out of a cash crunch.  My dad gave them $1000 and in return he was invited to a dinner at Ray & Jerry's with a few Bomber players.  When we were going thru his stuff fter he died I found a letter signed by Earl Lunsford (I believe) thanking him for his support.

More recently I remember giving the Bombers $100 and in return I received  a "Bomber Hero" certificate. In addition to that when the "Save Our Jets" campaign failed I picked up my refund cheque from the arena and walked across the street and signed it over to the Bombers.  

Thankfully the current WBB management team now runs the team as a business and it appears the team  is on solid financial footing.  

back in the day a lot of that though was due to propping up the weaker sisters...and save for EDM all teams were in same boat

39 minutes ago, Booch said:

back in the day a lot of that though was due to propping up the weaker sisters...and save for EDM all teams were in same boat

I can't remember the exact cause but the team did have some lean attendance numbers, a horrible TV contract that paid almost nothing to the tams and a lease with the City that was very one sided.  

1 hour ago, Brock Streveler said:

That's a cute post, funny that you mention the little man syndrome when that is exactly what your post represents. 

Do you know how many lakes there are in Saskatchewan?  About 100,000  Do you know how many lakes are in Manitoba?  A little over 100,000. 

And its funny that you bring up big city life in the little city of Winnipeg.  Don't get me wrong, I love  Winnipeg but to claim its some kind of metropolis is comical.   Heard last night you guys are no longer selling out the smallest arena in the league for NHL games, but I can't stand hockey so who really cares.

Face it, Winnipeg, Regina, and Saskatoon are one and the same, all fun smaller cities with lots to offer.    Took my kids to the zoo in Winnipeg this past summer, it was outstanding.

Cheer up son, life isn't as miserable as your post's suggest it is.

Winnipeg is a metropolis compared to Regina or Saskatoon and to suggest otherwise is idiotic.

2 hours ago, B-F-F-C said:

Good post, props to them.

1 hour ago, gcn11 said:

Winnipeg is a metropolis compared to Regina or Saskatoon and to suggest otherwise is idiotic.

If you really believe that then more power to you, but youre wrong.    Other than a few more sports teams I see no difference between Winnipeg and Stoon/Regina.   World class museums, check to both provinces.  World class sports and entertainment facilities, check to both provinces.  Outstanding bars and restaurants, check to both.  Beautiful parks, check to both.   World class festivals and concerts, check to both, etc.    

You got too much hate, Sask and Manitoba are both great places and that is a fact. 

13 minutes ago, Brock Streveler said:

So you admit the Bombers were in a similar situation as the Riders after you bash the Riders for being in a  tough situation financially.  Weird.

THE WHOLE LEAGUE WAS DOOFUS... in one particular instance...not multiple times all on their own due to apathy and no fan support...

21 minutes ago, Booch said:

THE WHOLE LEAGUE WAS DOOFUS... in one particular instance...not multiple times all on their own due to apathy and no fan support...

Oh so you are picking and choosing while moving the goal posts.  Fact of the matter is this, both the Riders and the Bombers have had difficult times financially and are thankfully both now doing very well.   Cheer up.,

It's time for this thread to expire.  If we are supposed to ban posters like the one in this thread, should we not also ban posters who make highly inappropriate comments about the Riders and their province?  Some of you take it beyond good-natured ribbing but expect Rider fans to be banned.