Rider fans complaining about our attendance on Saturday

Joe Rockhead

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

I'm not sure what you're reading into my post. I said that beating bad teams early in the season, like we did, is the same as beating bad teams at the end of the season like the Riders most likely will.

We beat Edmonton twice when they were playing their best. 

1 minute ago, TBURGESS said:

Sure, and the Riders most likely would have too.

Yeah, you're really just making things up. 

They haven't played them yet. Not sure if Harris will be back for either game. And, the Esks have nothing to play for. But, oh sure, very comparable to when the Bombers beat them. 

When the Bombers played them, they were ranked second in the power rankings. 

51 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Sure, and the Riders most likely would have too.

I don't know that they would have. Early season Eskimos got a TON of pressure on teams and the Rider OL is not great at preventing that. Harris coulda picked their D apart for yards too and they probably would have kicked enough field goals to beat the Riders. 

Yes, Edmonton will be easier to beat when they don't have anything to play for and they don't have their starting QB. Yes, I think the Riders would have beaten Edmonton anyway.

You gotta look at both sides of the equation.

If we'd already played Calgary twice, like Regina has, instead of Edmonton, I'd bet we'd have 1 less win than we currently have.

On 2019-10-14 at 1:05 PM, Booch said:

Yeah that fan base loves to crap on Winnipeg.. and why I am.not sure as their 2 major cities are crap holes with nothing..and all the sask youth leave the province now as soon as they are old enough..tells u a lot..no?

The funniest part is they revel in the dude crapping in the flower pot that went viral..and dont even realize..or acknowledge it was a visiting Saskatchewsn resident who did it..that's the funniest part of it and obviously a Saskatchewan thing moreso than Winnipeg.

The second funniest is their #1990..maybe they should focus more on the #4cupsinover100yrs

If anything that is the essence of ineptitude..or #2saveustelethons....

That's not people leaving the province, those are Rider fans "travelling well".

Edited by Esks1975

On 2019-10-14 at 10:45 AM, Ripper said:

Roddy?  You watch Roddy's show?  Wow.  No one here watches him now that we don't have to. Manitoba weather isn't front page news in Saskatchewan. I never heard anything about it.  But whatever, keep crying and spewing your bullshit about us.  The hate keeps me warm

I believe hate is now pronounced blubber?

On 2019-10-14 at 12:16 PM, White Out said:

Rider fans since the mid 00's have become the most repugnant fans in North American sports. They used to be the lovable losers of the league and were a fun group to get in a rivalry with. They had a small, ever so small taste of success, and they've become insufferable ass clowns for it. It's like someone growing up in poverty winning a scratch lottery ticket for 50k. They develop a weird sense of arrogance. They're still trash to their core, but think something is owed to them.

It started in 2003, I remember it vividly. Team wasn't a complete joke and TSN started hyping up the Rider fans as being such diehards to put up with such **** (and to be clear the ones who actually did, yeah I got respect for them) but what happened is every ******* johnny come lately decided that yeah they were one of those special fans, real super fans who are clearly superior to everyone and it's poisoned the entire fanbase. They're all trash now who think the sun shines out of their asses. 

They are insufferable and the absolute worst thing about the CFL. 

46 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

It started in 2003, I remember it vividly. Team wasn't a complete joke and TSN started hyping up the Rider fans as being such diehards to put up with such **** (and to be clear the ones who actually did, yeah I got respect for them) but what happened is every ******* johnny come lately decided that yeah they were one of those special fans, real super fans who are clearly superior to everyone and it's poisoned the entire fanbase. They're all trash now who think the sun shines out of their asses. 

They are insufferable and the absolute worst thing about the CFL. 

Could somebody post the story behind the poopy pots in Winnipeg..... I can't remember the story good enough.... and some say it was a riderfan who did it.... yet riderfans uses that story over an over to trash the peg....  

Let's keep in mind that besides the weather factor on Saturday there were:

1) 2 Cirque du Soleil shows at Sterling Lyon Parkway with close to a few thousand people at each show

2) a Manitoba Moose game with over 5,000 people

3) Replacements playing the Burt with over 1,000 people

When you live in a city with over 250,000 people you have a tad few more major entertainment options with your disposable income.  Now that might be hard to comprehend for our neighbours to the west who typically never travel beyond the outskirts of Moosomin but there it is.:P

Edited by blueandgoldguy

13 minutes ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Let's keep in mind that besides the weather factor on Saturday there were:

1) 2 Cirque du Soleil shows at Sterling Lyon Parkway with close to a few thousand people at each show

2) a Manitoba Moose game with over 5,000 people

3) Replacements playing the Burt with over 1,000 people

When you live in a city with over 250,000 people you have a tad few more major entertainment options with your disposable income.  Now that might be hard to comprehend for our neighbours to the west who typically never travel beyond the outskirts of Moosomin but there it is.:P

Having more entertainment options doesn't necessarily mean you have as many, or more football fans though.  I only say this because I personally would have chosen the Bombers over any of those three options. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

They are insufferable and the absolute worst thing about the CFL

This post is like Winnipeg making fun of Regina because of its cold winters.   Have you read many of the comments in this thread?  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Edited by Brock Streveler

9 hours ago, Brock Streveler said:

This post is like Winnipeg making fun of Regina because of its cold winters.   Have you read many of the comments in this thread?  Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Oh yeah how DARE we question the greatness of the BEST FANS IN THE CFL!!!11!!!

Here's a pro-tip, I don't give a **** what you or your other Riders fans think of Bomber fans, it's your fanbases collective shitty behaviour that has made the rest of the league hate you all so much, not the Riders, you the **** head fans. 

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Here's a pro-tip, I don't give a **** what you or your other Riders fans think of Bomber fans, it's your fanbases collective shitty behaviour that has made the rest of the league hate you all so much, not the Riders, you the **** head fans. 

In a couple of weeks when they are all turning on each other and pointing fingers trying to lay blame on their team...... it will make for some fun reading 

5 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

More Rider than Bomber banter around here these days. The Rider fans are living rent free in a bunch of poster's heads. Might as well change the name of the site to Morning Green Haters.

How 'bout that Calgary game this week eh?

You did read the title of this thread before opening it right ?

7 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

More Rider than Bomber banter around here these days. The Rider fans are living rent free in a bunch of poster's heads. Might as well change the name of the site to Morning Green Haters.

How 'bout that Calgary game this week eh?

They need a reminder of how vile they are and lord knows someone has to take up that mantle.

On 2019-10-14 at 7:46 PM, J5V said:

What would our record be if we had been gifted a win against the Als after 3 quarters like the Riders were?

would've been nice... considering we were up by 20 points after three quarters... 🤣...😫

On 2019-10-15 at 8:58 AM, 17to85 said:

Cripes I am pretty sure my family is still waiting for hydro to get power back to them, not like it was a little skiff of snow. 

you know I wanted to bring this up.... we know Rider fans can be insufferable... especially the keyboard warriors...

but the good folks from Sask Power are in Manitoba right now helping our fine people at Manitoba Hydro to try and get this problem fixed... still thousands without power in the province and Manitoba, Sask, Ontario and Minnesota have come together to get everyone up and running again...

So a big thanks to Sask Power for their help...  

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Your consistent, repeated, obscenity-laden posts would seem to indicate that you very much DO give a **** what Rider fans think, otherwise you wouldn't give them the satisfaction of a response letting them know how much it gets under your skin. They must laugh at how much they can trigger many members of this board. Rise above, people.