Rider fans complaining about our attendance on Saturday

Joe Rockhead

2 hours ago, Ripper said:

I'll say one thing, I initially wondered about the attendance myself to be honest but didn't comment. People didn't know you had a big storm, at least I didn't. I wouldn't take too much from a couple comments from people who didn't know.  My 2 cents

Rod Black only mentioned it 12 times on the broadcast.

50 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Not when it comes to a 3 way tie.  A three way tie i believe comes down to wins and losses against both other teams.  In order to see a 3 way tie happen Winnipeg would need to win both against the stamps.  So Winnipeg's record vs Calgary/Sask would be 4 and 2.  Sask's record vs Calgary/Winnipeg would be 2 and 3 and Calgary's record would be 2 and 3.

If you sweep, Calgary finishes at best 11-7

You split , bc beats CGY

We go 1-3 

And we're all 11-7 

Cgy is 3-2 and first 

You're 3-3 and 2nd

We're 2-3 and 3rd

Cgy beats bc, a 3 way tie not possible

1 hour ago, Ripper said:

Roddy?  You watch Roddy's show?  Wow.  No one here watches him now that we don't have to. Manitoba weather isn't front page news in Saskatchewan. I never heard anything about it.  But whatever, keep crying and spewing your bullshit about us.  The hate keeps me warm

More garbage. Western Canadian weather has made national news for over a week . You playing silly bugger in pretending not to know simply reinforces perceptions.

56 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

Winnipeg had the soft games early. Riders have them late.

BC has been bad all season long. Losing Reilly doesn't change much, just makes it slightly easier to win. 

Yes BC has been bad all year. Losing Reilly may not have changed the outcome (you'll never know) but it certainly makes it exponentially easier.

Every team is going to play more or less the same teams but when we were playing BC, Edmonton, and Ottawa they still had something to play for. Edmonton and Ottawa were even considered good teams when we played them. So I don't think it's the same thing at all.

I say this with a totally unbiased, cleansed pallet. 

Rider fans since the mid 00's have become the most repugnant fans in North American sports. They used to be the lovable losers of the league and were a fun group to get in a rivalry with. They had a small, ever so small taste of success, and they've become insufferable ass clowns for it. It's like someone growing up in poverty winning a scratch lottery ticket for 50k. They develop a weird sense of arrogance. They're still trash to their core, but think something is owed to them.

Go to RF.com and look at the typical post about Winnipeg. They **** on Winnipeg, in full view of the city and province they live in. Regina, and Saskatchewan as a whole, is a boring, shitty, cold, ******* wasteland. Everything they make fun of Winnipeg for is 5x worse in Saskatchewan and Regina. If it wasn't so ******* desperately pathetic and troubling to see people so stupid and lacking self awareness, it'd be comical. But these ******* knuckle dragging potatoes get to vote in federal elections and show up to civilized cities outside that thunderdome of a province and shower us with their hillbilly antics.

I despise all things Riders, and not because of their on field success. No, they don't really have any to speak of. I despise them because of their inbred, hillbilly, dueling banjo, red neck, racist, ignorant, manure dumping, clueless fans. 

I wish a pox on their house and hope the Grey Cup doesn't get stained with that taint a province for decades to come.

Edited by White Out

9 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Yes BC has been bad all year. Losing Reilly may not have changed the outcome (you'll never know) but it certainly makes it exponentially easier.

Every team is going to play more or less the same teams but when we were playing BC, Edmonton, and Ottawa they still had something to play for. Edmonton and Ottawa were even considered good teams when we played them. So I don't think it's the same thing at all.

I see very little difference between a bad team with something to play for and a bad team with nothing to play for. If we hadn't played the bad teams early, we wouldn't have the record we currently have.

15 minutes ago, White Out said:

I say this with a totally unbiased, cleansed pallet. 

Rider fans since the mid 00's have become the most repugnant fans in North American sports. They used to be the lovable losers of the league and were a fun group to get in a rivalry with. They had a small, ever so small taste of success, and they've become insufferable ass clowns for it. It's like someone growing up in poverty winning a scratch lottery ticket for 50k. They develop a weird sense of arrogance. They're still trash to their core, but think something is owed to them.

Go to RF.com and look at the typical post about Winnipeg. They **** on Winnipeg, in full view of the city and province they live in. Regina, and Saskatchewan as a whole, is a boring, shitty, cold, ******* wasteland. Everything they make fun of Winnipeg for is 5x worse in Saskatchewan and Regina. If it wasn't so ******* desperately pathetic and troubling to see people so stupid and lacking self awareness, it'd be comical. But these ******* knuckle dragging potatoes get to vote in federal elections and show up to civilized cities outside that thunderdome of a province and shower us with their hillbilly antics.

I despise all things Riders, and not because of their on field success. No, they don't really have any to speak of. I despise them because of their inbred, hillbilly, dueling banjo, red neck, racist, ignorant, manure dumping, clueless fans. 

I wish a pox on their house and hope the Grey Cup doesn't get stained with that taint a province for decades to come.

Roy Shivers started it in 2000. He trashed a lot of teams including the Bombers when he was a GM. It's just continued from there. Lot of talk from fans. Rider fans were at their repugnant worst when Shivers was there. Then it continued under Chamblin. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Yeah that fan base loves to crap on Winnipeg.. and why I am.not sure as their 2 major cities are crap holes with nothing..and all the sask youth leave the province now as soon as they are old enough..tells u a lot..no?

The funniest part is they revel in the dude crapping in the flower pot that went viral..and dont even realize..or acknowledge it was a visiting Saskatchewsn resident who did it..that's the funniest part of it and obviously a Saskatchewan thing moreso than Winnipeg.

The second funniest is their #1990..maybe they should focus more on the #4cupsinover100yrs

If anything that is the essence of ineptitude..or #2saveustelethons....

58 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I see very little difference between a bad team with something to play for and a bad team with nothing to play for. If we hadn't played the bad teams early, we wouldn't have the record we currently have.

Well if you can't see the difference between Ottawa and Edmonton at the start of the season VS now I'm not sure what to tell you.

BC is a better team now but without Reilly they aren't.

38 minutes ago, BBlink said:

Well if you can't see the difference between Ottawa and Edmonton at the start of the season VS now I'm not sure what to tell you.

BC is a better team now but without Reilly they aren't.

BC isn't much better. They've just been beating truly bad teams (plus Montreal without Adams, a game they should have lost anyway) over the last month. Riders and Stamps would beat them with or without Reilly.

Ottawa was lucky to win a couple early. They haven't been any good all season long. Not sure why you'd bring them up. Neither the Riders, nor the Stamps play them again anyway and 2 of the Redblacks wins were against Calgary and Regina.

Edmonton was better early on. They still had problems scoring TD's even tho they were putting up huge passing numbers. Harris going down makes it easier to beat them now than it was before.

2 hours ago, VoR said:

If you sweep, Calgary finishes at best 11-7

You split , bc beats CGY

We go 1-3 

And we're all 11-7 

Cgy is 3-2 and first 

You're 3-3 and 2nd

We're 2-3 and 3rd

Cgy beats bc, a 3 way tie not possible

The only way a 3 way tie can happen is if the Bombers and Stamps split as a starting point. If the Bombers sweep, they will have 12 wins and Calgary can get no more than 11 wins total. If we split, then we also need the Stamps to lose to BC and Saskatchewan to lose 2 of their remaining 3. Should all that happen, then in the tiebreak, we would be 3-3 overall against the other 2, Sask. would be 2-3, and Calgary would be 3-2, so in the 3 way tiebreak we finish in 2nd place. 

If we sweep Calgary, we guarantee 2nd place and still need Sask. to lose 2 of their remaining 3 to have any chance at 1st.

2 hours ago, Zontar said:

More garbage. Western Canadian weather has made national news for over a week . You playing silly bugger in pretending not to know simply reinforces perceptions.

Its hard to be aware of what is going on in other places when all you can see is your spleen.

8 hours ago, Ripper said:

Roddy?  You watch Roddy's show?  Wow.  No one here watches him now that we don't have to. Manitoba weather isn't front page news in Saskatchewan. I never heard anything about it.  But whatever, keep crying and spewing your bullshit about us.  The hate keeps me warm

You pee yourself due to his hatred of the Riders?!

6 hours ago, TBURGESS said:

Who else have we beaten? Calgary. Bad team? Sask. Bad team? Montreal. Bad team? Outside of Hamilton I'd say those are 3 of the very best teams and we've beaten them too.

What would our record be if we had been gifted a win against the Als after 3 quarters like the Riders were?

I'm not sure what you're insinuating but our record is what it is and we earned it honestly.

13 hours ago, J5V said:

Who else have we beaten? Calgary. Bad team? Sask. Bad team? Montreal. Bad team? Outside of Hamilton I'd say those are 3 of the very best teams and we've beaten them too.

What would our record be if we had been gifted a win against the Als after 3 quarters like the Riders were?

I'm not sure what you're insinuating but our record is what it is and we earned it honestly.

I'm not sure what you're reading into my post. I said that beating bad teams early in the season, like we did, is the same as beating bad teams at the end of the season like the Riders most likely will.