Rider fans complaining about our attendance on Saturday

Joe Rockhead

I read a post over on the rider site complaining about our attendance at the Als game. What kind of low life does this after the storm we went through. I for one am getting sick and tired of holier than thou rider fans telling other cities are beneath them in the CFL hierarchy. The riders are the only game in town! Of course they are going to get tremendous support, there is nothing else to spend your entertainment dollar on! Let’s hope the Bombers meet them in the playoffs and lay a beat down on them prairie pumpkins!

I'll say one thing, I initially wondered about the attendance myself to be honest but didn't comment. People didn't know you had a big storm, at least I didn't. I wouldn't take too much from a couple comments from people who didn't know.  My 2 cents

1 hour ago, Joe Rockhead said:

I read a post over on the rider site complaining about our attendance at the Als game. What kind of low life does this after the storm we went through. I for one am getting sick and tired of holier than thou rider fans telling other cities are beneath them in the CFL hierarchy. The riders are the only game in town! Of course they are going to get tremendous support, there is nothing else to spend your entertainment dollar on! Let’s hope the Bombers meet them in the playoffs and lay a beat down on them prairie pumpkins!

A little surprising you're surprised.

28 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I'll say one thing, I initially wondered about the attendance myself to be honest but didn't comment. People didn't know you had a big storm, at least I didn't. I wouldn't take too much from a couple comments from people who didn't know.  My 2 cents

Absolute rubbish.

Storm was in the news since Thursday.  Roddy bloated on on about it the entire broadcast

Can't pretend not to know.

A complete  doosh move to try and score rivallry points with this.

Edited by Zontar

I must have missed it this morning..... I was busy laughing at the riders getting all worried because fatardo is nervous until he makes a couple of completions.... which they are saying he is having a harder time doing lately.  That an the general worry over there about their whole team lol.

22 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Absolute rubbish.

Storm was in the news since Thursday.  Roddy bloated on on about it the entire broadcast

Can't pretend not to know.

A complete  doosh move to try and score rivallry points with this.

Roddy?  You watch Roddy's show?  Wow.  No one here watches him now that we don't have to. Manitoba weather isn't front page news in Saskatchewan. I never heard anything about it.  But whatever, keep crying and spewing your bullshit about us.  The hate keeps me warm

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

The schedule makers basically gifted riders first place. I think things would had been different if we got two riders games in Winnipeg and one in Regina. 

You did last year.  We came there twice, do you think you need it that way every year?  Asking for a friend

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

The schedule makers basically gifted riders first place. I think things would had been different if we got two riders games in Winnipeg and one in Regina. 

This has a lot to do with it Imo. Every year a team gets a softer schedule based on uncontrollable circumstances. Edmonton was a good team in the first part of the season. Now not so much. Riders now get them twice.

4 minutes ago, Ripper said:

You did last year.  We came there twice, do you think you need it that way every year?  Asking for a friend

If I lived in saskatchewan- I would need to leave at least 2 a year.... maybe 25.5 weeks out of the year.

Wait... you have friends?

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

1 minute ago, Ripper said:

It can never be 100 percent fair based on the structure of the league. Every year is different. A team could get an easier schedule every year. Look at the east haha

Just now, BBlink said:

This has a lot to do with it Imo. Every year a team gets a softer schedule based on uncontrollable circumstances. Edmonton was a good team in the first part of the season. Now not so much. Riders now get them twice.

What extra annoying is that the riders now get to play their final three games against teams with nothing to play for. The mike Reilly injury really hurt the bombers chances of first here.  Keep in mind if it ended in a 3 way tie Winnipeg would win the tiebreaker but that would require the riders to lose 2 out of their last three. If mike stayed healthy and beat the Eskimos it would have been more realistic.

2 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

What extra annoying is that the riders now get to play their final three games against teams with nothing to play for. The mike Reilly injury really hurt the bombers chances of first here.  Keep in mind if it ended in a 3 way tie Winnipeg would win the tiebreaker but that would require the riders to lose 2 out of their last three. If mike stayed healthy and beat the Eskimos it would have been more realistic.

So playing teams in that situation will cause them to play soft, lose their intensity, and ultimately lose their focus.  We have the opposite scenario so the Bombers will experience the opposite.....then BOOM comes the hammer in the playoffs !

6 minutes ago, BBlink said:

It can never be 100 percent fair based on the structure of the league. Every year is different. A team could get an easier schedule every year. Look at the east haha

Totally true. You never know how things are going to unfold. Those end of the year games against the Esks and BC looked daunting earlier when it appeared they would both be very good teams

8 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

We won the season series against you. You need to be ahead of us. You wouldn't win the tie breaker with sask

3 minutes ago, Ripper said:

We won the season series against you. You need to be ahead of us. You wouldn't win the tie breaker with sask

Are you sure about that? I seem to recall a 3 way tie we were in that we ended up on the bottom despite having the season series against one of the 2 teams

Edited by BBlink

Just now, BBlink said:

Are you sure about that? I seem to recall a 3 way tie we were in that we ended up on the bottom despite having the season series against one of the 3 teams

No I'm not sure to be honest, now that you mention it. I guess it would go to points for and against first I would think

2 minutes ago, Ripper said:

No I'm not sure to be honest, now that you mention it. I guess it would go to points for and against first I would think

GAME RULE TIEBREAK

When two or more member Clubs are tied in the final Division standings at the conclusion of the regular season schedule, preferential ranking for playoff purposes shall be determined on the basis of the following descending-order priorities and shall be awarded to the Club that:

• has won the greater number of games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
  • has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
  • has scored the higher net aggregate of points (i.e. points scored for less points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
  • has scored the higher net quotient of points (i.e. points scored for divided by points scored against) in all games played against all of the other tied Club(s), then,
  • has the higher winning percentage in all games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
  • has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
  • has scored the higher quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the Division, then,
  • has scored the higher net aggregate of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
  • has scored the higher net quotient of points in games played against all member Clubs of the League, then,
  • has won a coin toss against the other tied Club.

Note: If two Clubs remain tied after other Club(s) are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step a).

32 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Not when it comes to a 3 way tie.  A three way tie i believe comes down to wins and losses against both other teams.  In order to see a 3 way tie happen Winnipeg would need to win both against the stamps.  So Winnipeg's record vs Calgary/Sask would be 4 and 2.  Sask's record vs Calgary/Winnipeg would be 2 and 3 and Calgary's record would be 2 and 3.

It actually seems pretty impossible because for Winnipeg and Calgary to end up tied would require a split and a BC win against Calgary.  :(   The best chance Winnipeg has is to win out and have the Riders lose two games.  Either way.  Winnipeg can get a home playoff game if they win out.  The most ideal scenario right now that is somewhat realistic is to win out against Calgary.  At least we wouldn't have to win a playoff game in Calgary to make it to the cup.