Three stars plus hh birdy beaters

wbbfan

43 minutes ago, Booch said:

Strev is learning on the fly..and each game there are improvements over the previous.. and int's when pushing/forcing ball down the field I can live with..and with reps and chemistry over time..he will get better

Also, if he doesn’t push the ball downfield,  teams will stack the box and there goes the running game.  But I do think they should be using Harris more in the red zone, especially with the OL playing like they were yesterday. 

5 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I counted 6 guys on here who picked Streveler as a star of the game. Sorry. I just don't see it. He is a second year player, one of the most exciting players I have seen for a while, but this game was not star territory for me. I hope he develops into a star in this league, though, and the Bombers should be patient with him. But he had 2 picks. If Nichols had 2 picks, he doesn't get my vote either!!

Streveler 15 out of 25 for 174 yards passing. 64 yards running. 1TD throw, 2 picks.

Probably the same guys who pick Nichols when we win.

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

It’s ok, you don’t have to be excited with Streveler’s play, but you should recognize that with a better game plan, Streveler was instrumental in achieving that victory, whether you agree or not..

The plays were called..he executed..we prevailed. He’s learning. That will come with the interceptions too. He will adjust just as he did later in the game when he threw the ball away instead of forcing it.

The team rushed for 240 yards..Streveler 64 yards alone. He contributed. 
I'm happy for him.

(BS - do not try to figure the yardage figures..you have enough on your plate)

I wish I could give multiple likes for this post. Very well said.

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Also, if he doesn’t push the ball downfield,  teams will stack the box and there goes the running game.  But I do think they should be using Harris more in the red zone, especially with the OL playing like they were yesterday. 

I saw the Riders run a play where the receivers cleared the safety and the DB out of the middle of the end zone and it was completely vacant for William Powell to run in to for an easy TD catch. I immediately thought, Lapo, you have to add that to your playbook for Andrew Harris.

3 hours ago, blueandgoldguy said:

Is Strev learning?  Maybe, maybe not.  His throwing mechanics...well, they need some work.  I'm not sure if that's fixable as I would think that should have been resolved in College.

Nichols throwing mechanics are not great either. Lots of very successful QBs in this league have had lousy mechanics. Just win, baby.

8 minutes ago, J5V said:

I saw the Riders run a play where the receivers cleared the safety and the DB out of the middle of the end zone and it was completely vacant for William Powell to run in to for an easy TD catch. I immediately thought, Lapo, you have to add that to your playbook for Andrew Harris.

Problem is no one is going to not cover Andrew Harris ever.

Just now, 17to85 said:

Problem is no one is going to not cover Andrew Harris ever.

It's one of those plays where it appears he is staying in to block and then he releases wide open for the easy TD. Andrew Harris can easily out-run most linebackers.

1 hour ago, J5V said:

It's one of those plays where it appears he is staying in to block and then he releases wide open for the easy TD. Andrew Harris can easily out-run most linebackers.

And I am still amazed how fast Harris gets up to speed. He may not be the fastest man on the field, but between his acceleration and being tough to bring down, he is a force after the third step.

14 hours ago, J5V said:

Harris is the Bombers leader in receptions by a lot, everyone knows the offense runs through him and they game plan around stopping him first, 2nd and 3rd. He is not going to be ignored ever. 

Did the Als. have 'edward scissors hands' in their lineup because someone sure shredded the hell out of Harris's jersey....Even the ripping and holding on didn't slow him down...good news in this weather....On another observation you could see Mont. trying to rip the ball out on nearly every play...even when the play was dead.....Really aggressive play but I didn't see that from our guys....maybe we should get a heads up and try it

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

gotta call out Mike Miller for his tight end sweep in the 2nd.  love how this guy always makes the most of his one touch per game.

...is running a sweep to a tight end something that happens much in football?  I don't know if I've ever seen that before, or maybe I just noticed it because it was Miller.

It was Miller time!