Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers

1 minute ago, Tiny759 said:

Once again, that’s talking about events that haven’t happened so it’s tough to say what actually would happen. Easy to say it’s one way or the other. It’s just as easy for me to say I think they would win even if they didnt have 4 picks. 

Okay, but if we can’t have theoretical discussions it severely limits the discussion on a message board. Teams rarely lose when they create five turnovers. I don’t think this is any great revelation. 

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He was given way more calls that played to his strengths than the Hamilton game. Yes CS made some key mistakes today but played better. Room for improvement, yes but was given way more freedom to use his strengths with great support from Harris.

Totally agree. A QB is often only as good as the situation his coaches put him in. It was a much improved gameplan today. I hope that continues as well as steadily improved play from Streveler. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Okay, but if we can’t have theoretical discussions it severely limits the discussion on a message board. Teams rarely lose when they create five turnovers. I don’t think this is any great revelation. 

For sure. I was just using the 4 picks in the game as an example. It’s more to the point of saying one qb> over the other based on events that don’t happen. Theoretical discussion is fine, but in any sports game, no matter how good one team is or not, almost impossible to predict. 

Just now, HardCoreBlue said:

Why not challenge that play MOS seriously? What do you have to lose. Make it difficult for the other team right till that final whistle.

That might come off petty and isn't mos like. 

He should have thrown it a few times. But refing was poor again any way don't expect they'd a made the right call

Just now, Tiny759 said:

For sure. I was just using the 4 picks in the game as an example. It’s more to the point of saying one qb> over the other based on events that don’t happen. Theoretical discussion is fine, but in any sports game, no matter how good one team is or not, almost impossible to predict. 

That’s fair but my overall point was just intended as a statement to illustrate a less specific overall point that there have been a number of games this season won almost exclusively through defensive and ST plays. It just so happens that most of them were in games Nichols’ played which leads to him being more highly regarded than is deserved. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That might come off petty and isn't mos like. 

He should have thrown it a few times. But refing was poor again any way don't expect they'd a made the right call

Petty, no way considering what happened last time we played these guys. :)

Edited by HardCoreBlue

1 minute ago, AKAChip said:

Totally agree. A QB is often only as good as the situation his coaches put him in. It was a much improved gameplan today. I hope that continues as well as steadily improved play from Streveler. 

What I saw today was a QB with a ton of heart that showed everyone he can run, throw, read the D, and makes plays. He is a guy we can ride a long way and should make a great foul weather QB. Yes he throws a few INTs but he is pushing and stretching the D which does wonders for the running attack of which he is also an integral part. As he matures that is going to become so apparent and Ds are going to hate playing against this kid. If we could secure a couple of receivers that are willing to go after the ball with some physicality look out!

Love Adams but he is not a physical receiver. I liked what I saw from Bailey today and can't understand why we haven't seen more of him. Would like to see more of Petermann too.

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Why not challenge that play MOS seriously? What do you have to lose. Make it difficult for the other team right till that final whistle.

Very good question. I guess it's just the "nice guy" coming out. :D

1 minute ago, Piggy 1 said:

Alexander looks damn good back there. As does Taylor.

That last Alouettes TD though Taylor misplayed that ball and worse he dragged him into the end zone.  Kid does look solid and the secondary has looked better the last 2 games.  Alexander had a huge hit in the 1st half.   And Hecht was crucial on stuffing that MTL punt.  Both our safeties made plays today! 

45 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Guess the next question is whether Glen Young is able to work Richie Hallls schemes better than Richie Hall or if this is just personnel hange up 

Lapo still sucks though

Defensive play calling last two games has been so much better. Might be same schemes, but it’s all about timing as to when a play is called and I’ve been very impressed by what’s been called when in these two games. 

Just having finished watching the game, without reading any comments, I have to give credit where credit is due...Paul LaPolice. Having slacked him for a few games now, I must say he called a heck of a game tonight. Lots of mix, use of his better players, and using Streveler as he should have been doing the last few games. 
Somebody tell him to keep doing exactly this.