Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers

8 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Streveler with a very Nicholsian win today. Definitely wasn’t pretty but the team won so I suppose he gets all the credit. 

Agreed. When our D or ST had good games Nichols would almost always preserve the win. Strev did enough to win ala Nichols.

Not particularly impressed with his decision making today on his INTs though.

Edited by Dr Zaius

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius said:

Agreed. When our D or ST had good games Nichols would almost always preserve the win. Strev did enough to win ala Nichols.

Not particularly impressed with his decision making today on his INTs though.

Second one was bad. First one was a jump ball in the end zone with one on one coverage. Adams didn’t give much effort and was tugged most of the way down the field. You could argue he didn’t need to take that shot there but we’ve settled for field goals with poor clock management in those scenarios so often, it doesn’t bother me much. 

4 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Streveler wasn’t any better today than he was against Hamilton but a win does a lot to adjust perspectives. That’s the whole thing with Nichols. Does this team win today without four picks? Doubt it. Same thing as a ton of the Nichols wins. 

Once again, that’s talking about events that haven’t happened so it’s tough to say what actually would happen. Easy to say it’s one way or the other. It’s just as easy for me to say I think they would win even if they didnt have 4 picks. 

2 minutes ago, AKAChip said:

Streveler wasn’t any better today than he was against Hamilton but a win does a lot to adjust perspectives. That’s the whole thing with Nichols. Does this team win today without four picks? Doubt it. Same thing as a ton of the Nichols wins. 

He was given way more calls that played to his strengths than the Hamilton game. Yes CS made some key mistakes today but played better. Room for improvement, yes but was given way more freedom to use his strengths with great support from Harris.