Fil de Jeu - Als @ Bombers

17 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Big game today, gotta try and gain some ground on the Stamps and 'Riders. My wife hates the weather, but I think it plays right into the Bombers ground game.

Run. The. Ball. Go Blue!

If all the Bombers have is a run game with little threat of passes, they are doomed. The past few games have shown conclusively that a one-trick offence can be effectively stopped. Variety is not only the spice of life, it is also the key to winning games.

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Is Winnipeg getting the same kind of crappy weather as other part of the province? My parents told me this morning that Hydro doesn't expect to get their power back on for 72 hours. Sounds absolutely nasty. 

We aren't getting it as bad as Morden or Winkler but there is more than enough heavy, wet snow to cause mayhem. The UofM was largely without power yesterday; staff and students were sent home early in the day. Assiniboine Park and the Zoo advised everyone to stay away as paths were made dangerous by downed and falling trees. Heavy snow and sagging tree limbs are tearing power lines down all over the city. Small vehicles are stuck in back lanes in every neighborhood. The snow is melting rapidly, but storm drains are clogged by the leaves that only just started to fall last week.

I heard the Al's bus got stuck in the snow at the airport yesterday haha. Welcome to Winnipeg.

the weather is perfect.... so long as it's not windy, it's going to be a great day for football!  Bombers have to win today to turn the season around.  Win, and its setting up a 1 and done come playoffs!

I think the D is going to be fired up to prove something against the offence that torched them and started this whole tailspin!   just Win baby!

After shovelling the mountains of snow from my driveway I am pleasantly surprised how nice of a day it is outside.   The blue better turn things around today.  I want to see VAJ humbled today and John Bowman absolutely owned by Harris.  We need to stop doing these ineffective screen passes and start passing over the middle with short slants to get the passing game going.     If we win , we're back in a tie for 1st and still control our own destiny.

#FORTHEW

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Is Winnipeg getting the same kind of crappy weather as other part of the province? My parents told me this morning that Hydro doesn't expect to get their power back on for 72 hours. Sounds absolutely nasty. 

Power here not an issue, but I've broken 2 shovels moving this crap

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

If he calls that hitch to Lucky Whitehead - I might be done watching games for this year. 

They need to use him with quick hitting slants and crosses and splitter routes when in zone and use motion to suck the safety away..why lapo doesnt do that is baffling