TO/OTT And Cal/Sask: Its Friday Night Football Discussion

rebusrankin

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The rough play - ejection of Casher shows the disrespect these players have in certain situations. Trying to wrench a QBs ankle at the bottom of a pile is cowardly. Lots of penalties in this game...most of them warranted.

I thought that was an interesting call. Twisting a guys ankle has happened several times this year. When caught it's been a 15 yard penalty. Last night it was 25 and an ejection. Sounds like they are sending a message that it won't be tolerated anymore, which is good IMO.

30 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

The rough play - ejection of Casher shows the disrespect these players have in certain situations. Trying to wrench a QBs ankle at the bottom of a pile is cowardly. Lots of penalties in this game...most of them warranted.

That's the cumulative effect of officials looking right at serious infractions but not making calls.

Eg. the Adams, Bighill incident - just no excuse for not throwing a flag for that infraction, and it is just one example among many.  I know it's a tough job, but I cannot understand how you can be looking right at something like that and not throw the flag. 

3 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

I thought that was an interesting call. Twisting a guys ankle has happened several times this year. When caught it's been a 15 yard penalty. Last night it was 25 and an ejection. Sounds like they are sending a message that it won't be tolerated anymore, which is good IMO.

And a few weeks ago I believe it was Muamba is twisting away at Strevelers ankle and nothing.... It's the lack of consistency that makes the reffing in this league a joke. 

16 minutes ago, TBURGESS said:

IMO, it's about bloody time.  It has been really hard to get new fans interested in the CFL this year. 

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Fajardo had taken 2 questionable hits before that.  One was a head shot when he was down on the field. I think at that point the refs were trying to send a message 

10 minutes ago, Ripper said:

Well guys. We weren't good enough and we got what was coming to us. Out coached. Tough one to lose. Life goes on I guess. 

Better go get a crying towel and look up your pal Brock Sniveler...Yes life goes on...but you're right...you ain't good enough...

Fajardo has looked pedestrian against CGY.. wpg..and mtl..all good teams..and edm defense prob will smother him too much like they did Reilly 

But he's a world beater against to and Ott..and early season Bc..I bet next week BC lights them up..especially if they win today which i bet they do

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Fajardo has looked pedestrian against CGY.. wpg..and mtl..all good teams..and edm defense prob will smother him too much like they did Reilly 

But he's a world beater against to and Ott..and early season Bc..I bet next week BC lights them up..especially if they win today which i bet they do

You start making predictions and yer gonna have Brock sniveler back here posting again....... wait,  riders got smacked down last night......he won't be back for awhile lol